[1.0.5] [RELEASE 0.8] Sido's Urania System : 7 new planets and 8 moons !

Sido

Obviously You have Incompatible mods. Works for me.

Also Take Respect.

I actually only have like 1 or 2 mods right now. Plus, You have to download like 3 other mods for this to not crash, something I don't want to do just to get more unconventionally shaped planets. And it's not to easy to take respect to this piece of junk when you try to download it then you realize it completely destroyed your game. Just saying.

I actually only have like 1 or 2 mods right now. Plus, You have to download like 3 other mods for this to not crash, something I don't want to do just to get more unconventionally shaped planets. And it's not to easy to take respect to this piece of junk when you try to download it then you realize it completely destroyed your game. Just saying.

<--- here's my mod list

Bolder Co (works but cant get urania clouds up)

enhanced nav ball

ferram aerospace

firespitter

habitat pack

KAS (kerbal attachment system)

Procedural fairings

Kethane

KWrocketry

Infernal Robotics

Mechjeb

TAC fuel balancer

TAC life support

B9 aerospace

MK3 cockpit internal Space replacement.

ANd..... Urania and planet factory mod.

all without using reduced textures... this sir is a work of art and I challenge you to a duel **walks over and slaps you with a glove** the fact that you cant get it to work is your problem not the mod creators. yes we all run into issues from time to time but usually a FRESH install of KSP and a retry will fix the issue. that's how I got RSS mod with realism overhaul working on my 3rd attempt..

either way, stop being so negative and people can help otherwise we will just let you ***** while we enjoy our HUGE solar system with all our mods installed...

for instance, what mods do you have.. some are VERY large and will require reduced textures and or something like what he has posted here that shrinks the data or compresses somehow. this is not so much the mod creators fault as it is the limits of KSP coding.. at 3.6 GB of memory use, she crashes.. .doesn't matter how uber your pc is.. so we , the advanced players have gone to installing these kinds of workarounds so we can continue to drive deeper into untraveled space in our fake space programs

Edited by CrazyCanadian

Clearly Says On the PF CE Thread That PF CE uses ALOT OF RAM! So How much Ram do you have? Dont blame the Modder Blame Your Computer.

back on topic

Sido when are You gonna Fix the Clouds?

back on topic

Sido when are You gonna Fix the Clouds?

Hopeing to help Sido out here I played around and updated the clouds with the new BolderCo. Visual enhancments. These are volumetric and are pretty close to the original planets. Uranaia I changed a bit as well, took off the Ring on it, as I didnt care for it. Also I haven't gotten to mess with the auroras yet. Anyways heres how to get them to work.

1.Download and install EVE from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905-0-23-5-7-3-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-NEW!-VolumetricClouds! as usual.

3. Download and install Urania as usual, STOP WHEN YOU GO TO COPY THE CLOUD DIRECTORY!

3. Open the Cloud Directory from the Uranaia Download.

4. Open the BoulderCo Directory in your GameData folder.

5. ONLY copy over the following files- erato_clouds, Hecate_clouds, hermes_clouds, hestia_clouds, hyperion_1, hyperion_2, rhea_clouds, snow.

6 Download this .cf file https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l5me0eyhzkj4jip/W-o9Rn0sHr/cloudLayers-Urania.cfg

7.Place the coudlayer-Urania in your Clouds Directory.

8. ???

9. Profit!

Please let know how well it works and what you think of it.

So How much Ram do you have? Dont blame the Modder Blame Your Computer.

while I support you against that negative poster.. this statement is wrong.... you can have AS much ram as you want.. this game, will not run more than 3.6GB of memory... its not the pc running out of memory, its the game and its coding limitations. still doesn't make it the modders issue as were all running it fine. me with heavy mods, no crashes yet. bit of a pc geek and it was making my eye twitch when I read that.

when I used that install method it made my regular planets not work for some reason, and you didn't note that you need to put those files into the textures folder. I may have done something wrong but if anyone else has this problem, using Kraken483's CFG file I was able to merge the two and make this replacement for the "cloudlayers.cfg" file in the clouds folder of BoulderCo. so this may also help some people, all my planets have some level clouds. here is the .CFG https://www.dropbox.com/s/con531llvcb41xs/cloudLayers.cfg

obviously a stop gap because a lot of stuff is missing but at least they don't look like pearls with no atmo.. again, thanks Kraken.

Edited by CrazyCanadian
spelling

while I support you against that negative poster.. this statement is wrong.... you can have AS much ram as you want.. this game, will not run more than 3.6GB of memory... its not the pc running out of memory, its the game and its coding limitations. still doesn't make it the modders issue as were all running it fine. me with heavy mods, no crashes yet. bit of a pc geek and it was making my eye twitch when I read that.

when I used that install method it made my regular planets not work for some reason, and you didn't note that you need to put those files into the textures folder. I may have done something wrong but if anyone else has this problem, using Kraken483's CFG file I was able to merge the two and make this replacement for the "cloudlayers.cfg" file in the clouds folder of BoulderCo. so this may also help some people, all my planets have some level clouds. here is the .CFG https://www.dropbox.com/s/con531llvcb41xs/cloudLayers.cfg

obviously a stop gap because a lot of stuff is missing but at least they don't look like pearls with no atmo.. again, thanks Kraken.

No problem- I forgot to mention the steps you listed. I have my default planets in separate Config file, so tha'ts why I didn't notice the difference. Thanks for the catch.

I have my default planets in separate Config file, so tha'ts why I didn't notice the difference. Thanks for the catch.

yeah I did too but they didn't work all the sudden... however.. that was before I moved those files to textures folder. so, maybe because the files were missing it caused clouds not to load on anything.?? so .. i'm not going to reverse it to test because its working and don't want to mess with it. but it may have worked if I simply put the files in the right place and tried again. either way, I never got to see the clouds and such before... looks like it was pretty nice.. "Visual enhancements mod" looks like it is working on aurora too.

how are you people aero braking at urania? ... the outer atmosphere is like a brick wall. even if you just skiff it it will rip your ship apart at times unless its basic. is there a way to change its perameters to make it possible to use it?

Hi

Is it normal that this mod uses about 2.5gb RAM alone?

KSP uses normally ~1GB for me with texturereduction. With planetfactory+urania my KSP crashes, because the KSP process exceeds the 3.5GB ram limit.

edit: ok... planetfactory iself uses 2.2GB ram. Seems impossible to run.

Edited by b0s

Hi

Is it normal that this mod uses about 2.5gb RAM alone?

KSP uses normally ~1GB for me with texturereduction. With planetfactory+urania my KSP crashes, because the KSP process exceeds the 3.5GB ram limit.

edit: ok... planetfactory iself uses 2.2GB ram. Seems impossible to run.

did you use the "active texture management mod" that he linked on the 1st page.... because its Boss ... that's how this is running for us.. if you use Aggressive you don't need texture reduction packs at all.. if you look at my post above im running all of those mods without texture reduction on any packs.

so, did you install this mod. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-Release-2-15-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs%21

did you use the "active texture management mod" that he linked on the 1st page.... because its Boss ... that's how this is running for us.. if you use Aggressive you don't need texture reduction packs at all.. if you look at my post above im running all of those mods without texture reduction on any packs.

so, did you install this mod. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-Release-2-15-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs%21

This mod in NESSICARY to use a heavy mod load. I like crazycanadian use many mods. so make sure you grab Active Texture Management.

Sido, how do you texture a gas giant?

It seems urania was created from a gradient then added wavy and gas like distortions in it.

Im not a graphics Designer and sorta a adept in gimp it just looks like urania was created from a gradient.

Edited by Dooz

It seems urania was created from a gradient then added wavy and gas like distortions in it.

Im not a graphics Designer and sorta a adept in gimp it just looks like urania was created from a gradient.

i mean like get the texture to even work. im trying to make one but it refuses the texture with a weird error i dont understand.

1.Download and install EVE from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...umetricClouds! as usual.

3. Download and install Urania as usual, STOP WHEN YOU GO TO COPY THE CLOUD DIRECTORY!

3. Open the Cloud Directory from the Uranaia Download.

4. Open the BoulderCo Directory in your GameData folder.

5. ONLY copy over the following files- erato_clouds, Hecate_clouds, hermes_clouds, hestia_clouds, hyperion_1, hyperion_2, rhea_clouds, snow.

6 Download this .cf file https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l5me0eyhz...ers-Urania.cfg

7.Place the coudlayer-Urania in your Clouds Directory.

8. ???

9. Profit!

Thank you for this. It works great, but could you tell me how to bring the rings back. I liked them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just going to put this out there.

The stable, public download of Active texture management mod does not include PlanetFactory.cfg despite it saying it includes it in the first page.

This means urania and other planets are never touched by the mod and have outrageous sizes. This is why everyone keeps saying they're having trouble loading it or whether to use the basic or aggressive version of ATM. Anyone have the .cfg for ATM? Or how to make our own? I have looked around for a PlanetFactory.cfg for ATM and can't find it.

Still cannot run this on vanilla KSP and Active texture reduction... it exceeds the memory limits with its 100mb of texture data:( How can KSP bloat it up so much?

• 2 weeks later...

Im loving this pack so far, but one thing though. How does one Aerobrake with FAR over any of the urania bodies with an atmosphere? whenever I try to do it, the atmosphere gives no aerodynamic forces and then suddenly breaks my ship into a million pieces, making a proper aerobrake impossible, anyone know of a fix?

Im loving this pack so far, but one thing though. How does one Aerobrake with FAR over any of the urania bodies with an atmosphere? whenever I try to do it, the atmosphere gives no aerodynamic forces and then suddenly breaks my ship into a million pieces, making a proper aerobrake impossible, anyone know of a fix?

I only had this problem when using urania its self to aero break, when I used Ares and other planets around urania it seemed to work fine, and I did it with a very large vessel http://imgur.com/a/RzuJw#0

Just going to put this out there.

The stable, public download of Active texture management mod does not include PlanetFactory.cfg despite it saying it includes it in the first page.

This means urania and other planets are never touched by the mod and have outrageous sizes. This is why everyone keeps saying they're having trouble loading it or whether to use the basic or aggressive version of ATM. Anyone have the .cfg for ATM? Or how to make our own? I have looked around for a PlanetFactory.cfg for ATM and can't find it.

I didn't have this issue... im using aggressive and running like 15+ mods.

I only had this problem when using urania its self to aero break, when I used Ares and other planets around urania it seemed to work fine, and I did it with a very large vessel http://imgur.com/a/RzuJw#0

Were you using the Ferram Aerospace Research mod at the time of aerobraking or were you using stock aerodynamics? Cause I broke up using FAR, have not tested stock.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.