[1.0.5] [RELEASE 0.8] Sido's Urania System : 7 new planets and 8 moons !

Sido

I can't help you, you talk me about aurora and a "planet mod 2" ...

There's no planet mod 2 at all, we talk here about clouds.

I don't know why they don't appear, maybe you can ask the question on the mod thread for ask the question ?

This doesn't work for me. Actually, I'm missing every planet inside of inaccessable for the planetary base pack, everything but joker in the sentar system, and this system doesn't show up at all. I've done multiple reloads, downloads, reinstalls, and placed the files inside the folder inside the planetary mod, but nothing changes.

Yes, I deleted the 3 example folders.

Edited by jallious

This doesn't work for me. Actually, I'm missing every planet inside of inaccessable for the planetary base pack, everything but joker in the sentar system, and this system doesn't show up at all. I've done multiple reloads, downloads, reinstalls, and placed the files inside the folder inside the planetary mod, but nothing changes.

Yes, I deleted the 3 example folders.

Did you check the box to load the Urania system?

o2K6mjw.png

Did you put the config lines in BOTH the config files in BoulderCo? I couldn't see them unless I put the lines in both the files.

Both Config file ? it just said 1 ?

EDIT in the common or city lights ?

EDIT I don't have a user.

Edit In the cloud folder all i have is a textures folder and a cloudlayers.cfg file

EDIT just went in the game and opened the cloud mod window and saved now, I have the usercloudlayers.cfg

EDIT does this look right this is the user 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p54aanswuhokvk/userCloudLayers.cfg

EDIT I change some # and Can see it now alittle ty tygoo7

Edited by Mecripp2

Both Config file ? it just said 1 ?

EDIT in the common or city lights ?

The cloudLayers and the userCloudLayers

EDIT: The user is in the clouds folder.

EDIT: Hmm...then I don't know. :P

EDIT: Your welcome :)

Edited by tygoo7

Those planets look absolutely awesome.

However one problem, this mod seems to break Ferram Aerospace Research (the improved aerodynamics mod), if I turn off Urania FAR works fine, however when Urania is loaded

FAR stops working.

+1 it break FAR but only with Urania V0.5, all works fine with V0.4

Sido - you're really awesome. Obviously we all love this mod a lot and hope to get it working smooth. Can you please go back to this post and answer the questions in it? I know you're busy so I really appreciate your time very much. Cheers!

LINK: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66882-0-23-Sido-s-Urania-System-16-new-planets-and-moon-%21?p=943671&viewfull=1#post943671

In this case this can't be the cause of the pack, but only of the mod.

Maybe ask the question to the mod thread.

Well no because I have PlanetFactory CE installed, and FAR only breaks if I select the Urania system.

It works just fine for the Sentar Expansion.

Well no because I have PlanetFactory CE installed, and FAR only breaks if I select the Urania system.

It works just fine for the Sentar Expansion.

Well, the pack use the same arguments than those use by the sentar system... not more. That's strange again, anyway planetfactory Ce is in a really alpha State so i'don't really know.

Remember that's is just a pack, not a plugin, this pack don't use any dll so i don't think it can enter in conflict with an other mod. i can be wrong of course but it's strange.

Maybe it's the clouds ? i don't use FAR so i can't tell you.

Sido - you're really awesome. Obviously we all love this mod a lot and hope to get it working smooth. Can you please go back to this post and answer the questions in it? I know you're busy so I really appreciate your time very much. Cheers!

LINK: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66882-0-23-Sido-s-Urania-System-16-new-planets-and-moon-%21?p=943671&viewfull=1#post943671

If you follow the instruction, there's no problem, a lot of people do it right.

If you got a problem, it's that you doing something wrong.

I install this pack on a clean ksp install without any problems so i think you can do too.

And once again, my installation is very heavy with a lot of mod on a 5 years old computer with 8 Gb of ram :

byELTzH.jpg

My game is really smooth and i don't have any problems :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0omJtU9W3X0

i'm sorry but the answer i already give you is the best i can give to your problem.

++

Edited by Sido

If you follow the instruction, there's no problem, a lot of people do it right.

If you got a problem, it's that you doing something wrong.

I install this pack on a clean ksp install without any problems so i think you can do too.

And once again, my installation is very heavy with a lot of mod on a 5 years old computer with 8 Gb of ram :

http://i.imgur.com/byELTzH.jpg

My game is really smooth and i don't have any problems :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0omJtU9W3X0

i'm sorry but the answer i already give you is the best i can give to your problem.

++

Thanks! I'm going to go back and do each part from scratch again. But for the in-game graphic settings, do you have all the sliders in the middle? or on low?

BTW - I'm super happy to see how much you have loaded and this means "I" screwed something up - I just have to figure out what I did. Yea!!

Thanks! I'm going to go back and do each part from scratch again. But for the in-game graphic settings, do you have all the sliders in the middle? or on low?

BTW - I'm super happy to see how much you have loaded and this means "I" screwed something up - I just have to figure out what I did. Yea!!

My game actually loading well with these settings :

A5w17aY.jpg

Would anyone mind sharing there cloundlayers.cfg with the aurora on it setup for, I keep getting it to wave all across kerbin from north to south pole.

That's normal, the aurora's png files made aurora to the north AND the south.

I get the but, I get this shockwave of the aurora that runs from the north all the way to south.

EDIT and it would have help if the numbers where set to get the aurora in the first place with out having to open the cloud window and changing numbers again awesome job on the aurora in the video.

Edited by Mecripp2

Well, the pack use the same arguments than those use by the sentar system... not more. That's strange again, anyway planetfactory Ce is in a really alpha State so i'don't really know.

Remember that's is just a pack, not a plugin, this pack don't use any dll so i don't think it can enter in conflict with an other mod. i can be wrong of course but it's strange.

Maybe it's the clouds ? i don't use FAR so i can't tell you.

Well perhaps it's a problem with FAR itself, maybe it cannot handle the atmosphere compositions or something.

It seems to be a problem just with this planet pack. Sentar works fine even with FAR. Perhaps it's because your planet have different settings that somehow conflict with FAR?

Edited by prullenbak

I get the but, I get this shockwave of the aurora that runs from the north all the way to south.

EDIT and it would have help if the numbers where set to get the aurora in the first place with out having to open the cloud window and changing numbers again awesome job on the aurora in the video.

You normally don't have to touch anything in the clouds layers. It work really well as it is. the aurora in the video is the aurora's pack.

Well perhaps it's a problem with FAR itself, maybe it cannot handle the atmosphere compositions or something.

It's possible, planetfactory can't actually not set all the atmosphere arguments. But i get a look at these specific problem.

Oh a couple more questions and a note.

* Should Sentar System be disabled when running your mod? Or is that just a personal reference option? Or does have to be on?

The game crashes for me if I have it enabled, but when it's disabled, everything is fine.

Oh, and Sido, what is the phase angle for Urania?

The game crashes for me if I have it enabled, but when it's disabled, everything is fine.

Heu... you mean the inclination ? it's 2°

So that's what was causing my crashes! I can finally run this! Sido, you should add that to your first post. You confused me because you have a screenshot that shows both planet-packs enabled and that was the cause all along.

Also, Sido, can you make a 2nd version where the Urania system is at a much greater distance orbiting the sun (further out than Eloo)? Or is that something I can easily change myself?

Edited by jpinard

So that's what was causing my crashes! I can finally run this! Sido, you should add that to your first post. You confused me because you have a screenshot that shows both planet-packs enabled and that was the cause all along.

Also, Sido, can you make a 2nd version where the Urania system is at a much greater distance orbiting the sun (further out than Eloo)? Or is that something I can easily change myself?

I run with the sentar system, i can't run my pack without sentar expansion enable.

lyhFWNb.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.