Flight Simulator X/Space Orbiter/X-plane 10 Pictures

JJJacksonTyler

As much as I adore KSP for rocketry, it's atmospheric aircraft system needs ALOT of work. (No offense, KSP dev team. I only mean good things. It's just that unity can be a bit...frustrating at times. But the aerodynamic system needs some retouching)

But I already have a solution for that at the moment.

Microsoft's Flight Simulator X!

The best, truly the best in aviation simulators. It is absolutely amazing.

Don't take my word for it, look at these pictures!

This is me flying the Bell X-1. An experimental aircraft that can reach speeds of Mach 2.3, and can reach altitudes of 100,000 feet.

E4IEILI.jpg

KEfdLan.jpg

xrv1vVc.jpg

IYUiohr.jpg

V6uOSGT.jpg

Ne8ZgkD.jpg

pq8ZGtJ.jpg

Au5hhJg.jpg

This forum is not just for planes, but also pictures in Space Orbiter. If you have a good picture from orbit, please post! I am a fanatic of all-kinds simulation, but please keep it relevant to aviation. I posted the 3 major aviation simulators that I know of, but if you are playing an older version of flight simulator (2000, 2002, 2004, ect.) or X-plane, feel free to post away!

Space Orbiter Pictures: Please make sure your pictures are either within the atmosphere or within LEO. (Low Earth Orbit).

Edited by JJJacksonTyler

Ahhh, FSX, I've played that for years. Literally since it came out I've played it semi-activley. I've landed on carriers in VC, boeings at night, trying to train to be a real pilot :)

"Space orbiter"? I assume you mean Orbiter 2010? That's pretty fantastic simulator.

X-Plane 10 is incredible for graphics- my PC can render waaaaaay more detailed objects in X-Plane than FSX, but X-plane lacks good user instructions and such. And it's expensive!

Yeah. I know X-plane is better with scenery and environmental graphics, but with a little retouching (addons such as Real Environment X...ect) FSX can look good as new.

I have been playing the Flight Simulator Series since 2002. It's an awesome game. Being as loyal as I am to MSFS, I have been a little hesitant to switch over to X-plane 10.

I used to play that before my joystick... uh, failed. Its kind of hard to land an F/A-18 on a carrier with just the arrow keys.

Very true. My joystick was only about 18 bucks, but I have had it for 5 years. I've only more recently started using FSX (I stopped playing for a little while) because of the "discovery" of awesome payware aircraft (including this Bell X-1) that make the game unbelievably awesome.

Yeah. I know X-plane is better with scenery and environmental graphics, but with a little retouching (addons such as Real Environment X...ect) FSX can look good as new.

I have been playing the Flight Simulator Series since 2002. It's an awesome game. Being as loyal as I am to MSFS, I have been a little hesitant to switch over to X-plane 10.

Mhm, FSX could look real good. But not on this rig, it would lag-to-death. X-Plane I had fantastic graphics and good performance.

I must increase the graphics settings of FSX....mine looks nowhere near as good as that.

Neither does mine. FSX has the potential for great graphics, but you must have a good rig, and perhaps a few bucks to spend.

Check out this: http://www.fspilotshop.com/real-environment-xtreme-rex-essential-plus-overdrive-p-3929.html

It completely re-invents the FSX graphics engine without affecting physical performance of the game whatsoever. It's great.

I don't want to start a holywar but which simulator has a better (more detailed) physical model? FSX, FlightGear, X-Plane all seem to have quite advanced physics.

Here is russian Tupolev Tu-154M :)

ePmo6SW.jpg

Take off: http://i.imgur.com/Fhsvg2x.jpg

Cockpit: http://i.imgur.com/I13nQUK.jpg

Another screenshot in flight: http://i.imgur.com/msnAPwU.jpg

All the pics are not mine.

I love TU-154s!

Sadly, ÃÂÑÂрþфûþт is going to remove them from their fleet.

On this pic I land a Wizz Air A320 at LHBP ("Ferihegy" in FSX, today called "Ferenc Liszt Airport). I usually fly with airlines related to my country, except for long-haul flights (Wizz is the only Hungarian airline after the flag carrier Malév's bankruptcy ;.;).

Jm9pAkq.png

And here is an older screen of a Malév B738 (I can't play with these aircraft since the "black day")

kztlcFC.png

Edited by jmiki8

• 1 month later...
Ahhh, FSX, I've played that for years. Literally since it came out I've played it semi-activley. I've landed on carriers in VC, boeings at night, trying to train to be a real pilot :)

"Space orbiter"? I assume you mean Orbiter 2010? That's pretty fantastic simulator.

X-Plane 10 is incredible for graphics- my PC can render waaaaaay more detailed objects in X-Plane than FSX, but X-plane lacks good user instructions and such. And it's expensive!

Yeah, I love orbiter 2010. You know what is extremely entertaining, is a modpack for it called AMSO.

(Apollo Mission Simulator...huh)

Anyways, you can download sound packs for all the Apollo flights. Choose a flight, and ACTUAL historic audio will play when you reach a certain MET.

It is an absolutely tremendous experience, you really do forget you are playing a video game.

Although Space Orbiter is extremely difficult next to KSP given the lack of visuals. I've pretty much tackled and mastered lunar flights, but interplanetary transfers are still a mind-boggle to me. I haven't done 1.

Here's a picture of me (background), Lotus (cockpit), and Jester (middle) flying formation in FSX in Lotus's brilliant L-39 Albatros trainer add-on. It's so accurate the original operator of the Albatros, the Czech Air Force, uses his add-on with FSX as a low-cost trainer for their real pilots.

3362080120_6ab33625f8_b.jpg

Edited by pebble_garden

• 3 months later...

These are all fantastic!

I personally cannot prove that FSX is better than Xplane or Flightgear - since I haven't tried the latter two. All I know is - I've been flying with Flight Simulator since FS2002 and it's been a great franchise. Sad that it got discontinued.

Well then, have two of mine :)

Blur1_zps80bb9d97.png

enb2013_9_6_0_51_27_zps34f1977e.png

Taken in FSX with some retouching. Granted, the flight models of stock planes, along with most freeware ones, are rubbish- particularly stall, flare and spin behaviour- but it's still nice to do some sightseeing or difficult weather approaches.

Yep, this was during a mission. When flying back to base, one of your engines gives out and most instruments fail, then you have to land on a short jungle airstrip. Fun :P

If that's the "cursed idol" one, thaen that's my favorite. I wish I had some good screenshots to share, but I don't have anything of decent quality playing on a laptop (minimum graphics on everything and still 7fps at best:( ).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.