Anyway to move engine covers away?

Finally did a whole apollo 11 esq mission. Had a question though. When I want to disconnect the command module from the lunar module there is the cover over the engine of the service module. The one that automatically placed there when you put a stage separator on. So when you disconnect them it's just floating there between them. So when I go to flip the command module to dock up I have to do like a box maneuver around the engine cover to hook up. I tried to connect a little rocket on it to scoot it out of the way but it won't let me connect anything to it.

What do you guys do to get it out of the way? I tried "kicking" it with the nozzle from the service module but it just sort of sinks into it.

Cliffs notes::::: two ways to solve...separate explosive stage separators for the cowling with stock parts.

Or get the nova punch addon has cool fairings and such that split off.

Edited by Clr4ils

I don't need to go around it, I have another decoupler (actually I use the docking port) that I uncouple, drift away a bit then turn around and fire the decoupler on the engine ;)

This sends the fairing off into space and kicks me forwards, back to the lander :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.