KRF Formula K World Championship

NQMT

This needs an "unlimited" class. Or the modular wheel mod, then chassis design really starts to count for something.

I was thinking about using the TV PP wheels at the back for an 'unlimited' class.

I was thinking about using the TV PP wheels at the back for an 'unlimited' class.

What I would like to have, but do not have time to organize in any way: :v would be

Using FAR, the modular wheels and having classes that somewhat mimic real life.

Classes for engine cylinders, RWD/FWD/AWD, categories along those lines, etc.

I've found with the mods listed you can achieve results that are actually fairly similar to "real world equivalent" vehicles, and the way you design your chassis/steering geometry, front/rear/mid engine all of those choices have an immediate and noticeable effect on handling and performance characteristics.

And you're hitting real world acceleration and speeds..well..plus a little..so it's pretty exciting too.

I can't wait for multiplayer. :V

What are the TV PP wheels by the way?

Taverios Pizza and Aerospace wheels. They are some OP wheels based on the regular M1 wheels.

By OP, I mean REALLY OP. They hit speeds in excess of 100m/s and instantly shred regular rover wheels.

I asked the creator of MM wheels about something else before and he wasn't keen on having his parts in a separate download pack to what he originally intended it for. I assume this would extend over to other mods he has done. Also, I don't particularly like the art style of his wheels :S So I really don't think MM wheels will happen anytime soon, if at all.

Taverios Pizza and Aerospace wheels. They are some OP wheels based on the regular M1 wheels.

By OP, I mean REALLY OP. They hit speeds in excess of 100m/s and instantly shred regular rover wheels.

I asked the creator of MM wheels about something else before and he wasn't keen on having his parts in a separate download pack to what he originally intended it for. I assume this would extend over to other mods he has done. Also, I don't particularly like the art style of his wheels :S So I really don't think MM wheels will happen anytime soon, if at all.

I wasn't suggesting you do it, but I don't see why, like other challenges "you" could just list accepted/required mods for the challenge.

"You", meaning any person in general.

And the wheels are perfect, steelies with nice street tires. :o

I was thinking about contacting Touhou and asking him to make something specifically for the challenge or like a physics improvement or something.

We could really expand the challenge with that but that all depends on whether he will be interested in that and have time to do it.

I won't be allowing the MM mod on it's own just yet ^^

I'm tempted to enter, but I have a question before I do, and it's about the ruling of four of the wheels only. In F1 racing, there's a 6-wheeled F1 called the Tyrell P34. I'd kidna like to make a KSP analog for this challenge. Would that be OK, or do I still have to abide by the 4 wheel rule?

320px-Tyrrell_P34_2008_Silverstone_Classic.jpg

Present your design, and if I like it then I may allow it.

Two of the six wheels must be unpowered, however.

The reason I may allow it is because I adore the Tyrrell P34. It looked best in 1975 at the International Trophy when it was sporting an airbox.

tyrrell_p34__1976_brdc_international_trophy__by_f1_history-d6eh7zi.jpg

Edited by Kyrian

• 3 weeks later...

This thing's been dead for nearly a month.

Should I restart this or make a new thread for it?

I still want this little project to go ahead. I think it's a great way for people to show their designing/engineering skills.

Anyway, I'd like opinions. Continue?

Bad and good news.

Bad first? Okay.

This is closing.

The good news is, everything will be revised.

A new thread(s) will be up soon. The main thread will be for rule discussion, car sharing, and three subsequent threads will be for races. Two races for one thread, three for another. Maybe. This will stop the cluttering of the main thread, and there will also be a much longer timeframe to finish each race.

Hope to see you all soon,

Kyrian.

Edited by Kyrian