KRF Formula K World Championship

NQMT

Also, Frafor, how do you measure the drag coefficient? I get no readings from FAR from the rover itself. Does it show up in the SPH?

In the SPH open the FAR Editor Analysis. In the static tab change the value of "Upper" to 0.5 or something like that and press the button "Sweep Mach". The red line is the drag coefficient. Other way is placing a probe core on the car and launch it. In the FAR Window open "Flight Data", the drag coefficient is the one that says "Cd"

Most of these shots are in the editor; I was short on time. Here it is anyway:

BRT-C02!

VzCgvbE.png

IS0mekS.png

ydvfDqi.png

VSUv2lQ.png

nVUOpXc.png

Changes made:

-Most I-Beams changed to cubic octagonal struts

-RCS tank moved slightly downward and backward

-Tires now on lighter axles/pylons

-More struts

-I-Beam behind driver removed

-Wings altered to allow lower downforce

-Mass reduction .77t

-CoM lowered

-RTG removed, batteries introduced

...and a few other things, generally to reduce mass. It is not nearly as safe in a crash, though it will still survive nearly everything.

Also, an interesting bug:

W5ZZL9t.png

Haha xD Looks like I have unwittingly opened doors to superlight space frame design. Cars will never be the same again ^^ It doesn't need to bounce off every wall and obstacle without any damage anyway - if you DO crash, I'm pretty sure you will want to restart your lap so it doesn't matter that your craft has disintegrated as long as the driver is kept safe.

Also, that's an interesting bug there.

Races are 1 timed lap, from a standing start.

Quick edit: next season there will be a cap on Cubic Octagonal Struts, a maximum of 10 will be allowed. Use them wisely.

Yet another edit: No cap on RCS this season, next season will be 15 units.

Refill / empty as much as you need to between each race.

Edited by Kyrian

Race One is now closed!

NeoX Grand Prix

This track was designed by NeoX who was a big part in the last Formula K competition.

dnopvRn.png

TIMES:

1st: GROOV3ST3R - 1:28 (5pts)

2nd: Frafor - 1:31 (3pts)

3rd: donfede - 1:31 (2pts)

4th: Kyrian - 1:36 (1pt)

5th: Blaze 9X - 1:46

6th: CaptainGiblets - 1:50

7th: DisarmingBaton5 - 1:56

8th: randomness5555 - 2:00

NOTE: Although Frafor's and donfede's times are identical, since Frafor was the first of the two to set that time, Frafor is given 2nd.

donfede, if you do not agree with this decision, either PM me and I'll explain more, or simply set a new, quicker time.

Championship standings:

1st: GROOV3ST3R - 5pts

2nd: Frafor - 3pts

3rd: donfede - 2pts

4th: Kyrian - 1pt

5th: Blaze 9X - 0pts

6th: CaptainGiblets - 0pts

7th: DisarmingBaton5 - 0pts

8th: randomness5555 - 0pts

Edited by Kyrian

Okay, though I had to put up with many crashes (both of the car and the game) I eventually finished a lap.

wmXMvl3.png

Start line-Time of 39 secs

3BeeGmj.png

Finish line-Time of 2.39 mins

Final time=Two minuites dead.

Mb6isSH.png

Proof of route

08vXIUs.png

And the *Small* mishap after the finish line where Bob wasn't able to brake in time. Eh, he seems fine.

Okay, I gave it a shot ^^ Here are my results:

NeoX GP - Time: 1:34

3:30 - 5:04

Starting at MET 3:30

p9ck.png

Finishing at MET 5:04

x8mk.png

Track record, 2m width:

iww3.png

The little bump where I actually drove on 2 wheels :)

x6jm.png

Benchmark has been set. Let the competition commence ^^

On the side: during the race, I managed to hit 30m/s:

244i.png

It might be possible to do more, if you risk it all on the Dish Hairpin corner - there's a bug with the road there, which will send your car up into the air if you aren't careful and will likely throw you off track if going too fast.

Also, in order to actually steer past 28m/s, I had to use my action group for locking the rear wheel steering - otherwise all wheels turn in the same direction and you can only drive straight.

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

So with many problems with persistent trails, forgetting to press f12 at the finish, and general ineptitude... I have finally finished after an hour and a half. I am still having issues with persistent trails. It draws the lines but wont save it :/. spent an hour trying to figure it out and tried reinstalling it several time. So on the picture of my path your going to have to look for a fine green line. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong...

However here are my results:

Start at 1:03

end at 2:49 for a time of 1:46

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Welp, the cap on cubic struts will pretty much kill the ability to make light and low-drag race cars. Might be interesting to see how that pans out later.

That's the point. The cap makes overly light, dragless cars difficult. It'll all come down to the designer.

Also, I'm sticking with my original car. No point making a new one. Also, it nearly fits the Season 2 regs, so I'll post the regulations in 2 or 3 weeks and I'll change my car to fit them.

Final changes to the wing and I'm starting race 1. Also, due to a snowstorm in the south-east, I my not be around for race 2 :(

Also, how do you get persistent trails to work, I open up the tab thing, but when I try to get a track, nothing happens

Edited by CaptainGiblets

15 units per race. 15 units a season is absurd.

Pretty much any measure I define will be every race. Wings can be reangled between races, wheel alignments, RCS etc. However I'm thinking of making a maximum of 3 chassis per driver next season, and standard-issue refuel trucks full of RCS might be a good idea.

I'm short on ideas, so if anyone has suggestions to make the racing faster and closer, please say them here and I'll consider.

- Kyrian

Great designs and races all. Pity I'm late to join, but it's fun checking this out regardless and motivation to be ready for the next season.

I'm short on ideas, so if anyone has suggestions to make the racing faster and closer, please say them here and I'll consider.

I've read a good bit of the thread, but not all. Has KMP come up as a possible way to compete? Mods would be dropped, but less necessary with all players present (and maybe a ref). Part count would likely be an issue (or another design challenge).

keep up the good posts,

kdonfede

--

"Adding K to every word..." :)