KRF Formula K World Championship

NQMT

I'd also like to see Turn 5. Seems you may have gone over the corner with more than half your car on the grass.

Random note: I ran my lap passing most of next year's regulations. I'll do this until Race Three.

Next season's cars can be revealed between Race 7 and 9. Alternatively, they can be shown in the Season 2 thread when it is opened.

Edited by Kyrian

I just realised, that - rather embarrasingly - me and Kyrian are leading... in our own championship xD That can't be good for publicity.

Come on people, step it up ^^

Yeah, well I set the first time so everyone's tried to (and has) beat it. Also, are we allowed to submit a better time? My 2.00 is looking pretty bad now.

Nice improvement, CaptainGiblets! It's a shame you couldn't get in to the points.

I'll be doing a new lap, but this time with more RCS. I only had 15 units as per next season's regulations, I'm thinking of using 25-30 and seeing if that gives me any improvement.

Thanks, My car isn't as good as I thought it would be, good speed but doesn't have the acceleration to get it there. But I will learn from mistakes and be better next year. But I might do a 3rd submission and get a 1:45, I think I can get 5 seconds faster, if I study my line and KSP physics

Nice improvement, CaptainGiblets! It's a shame you couldn't get in to the points.

I'll be doing a new lap, but this time with more RCS. I only had 15 units as per next season's regulations, I'm thinking of using 25-30 and seeing if that gives me any improvement.

Edited by CaptainGiblets

Well, if it's heavy your have more control, so on the short circuits you have a advantage :)

Or a great disadvantage because he has to lug all that weight around with him, killing the boost he can get from RCS and his acceleration in the first place.

But, on a circuit like Monaco in F1 the weight would transfer into grip giving him better cornering speeds if he could get up to those speeds

Or a great disadvantage because he has to lug all that weight around with him, killing the boost he can get from RCS and his acceleration in the first place.

Equally, it would make it more difficult for him to maneuver the car due to it's huge inertia, wasting a lot of time slowing down enough for corners - or regaining speed after a corner.

The small grip advantage you ay have with more weight (and thus more traction) is insignificant when compared to added drag and reduced overall performance. There is a reason lighter cars are quicker around circuits - particularly street circuits - than heavy cars.

Below is my challenge submission craft. Let me know if anything needs to be adjusted, I recognize I am trying unconventional designs (not necessarily better; wanted to do something different, there are some very nice contestants).

Team Name: Kfsck kRacing

Driver: Kendin Kerman

Craft: krr02F (stock parts)

design and mission on v0.23 (mission with required challenge mods)

Weight: 0.9t dry

Top speed: ? m/w with RCS, 20 m/s without RCS

Javascript is disabled. View full album

kdonfede

--

"Adding K to every word..." :)

This is so awesome it scared a fart out of me

Below is my challenge submission craft. Let me know if anything needs to be adjusted, I recognize I am trying unconventional designs (not necessarily better; wanted to do something different, there are some very nice contestants).

Craft: krr02F (stock parts)

Top speed: ? m/w with RCS, 20 m/s without RCS

http://imgur.com/a/1AAH0

kdonfede

--

Found an illegality:

Vehicle is in violation of:

Aerodynamics:

1. Four (4) Small Control Surfaces permitted. 2 are to be at the front of the vehicle, and 2 are to be at the rear.

The vehicle has 1 surface at the front, 1 at the rear and 2 in the middle. Although this complies with the original statement of "Four (4) Small Control Surfaces permitted", it however does not comply with the law of placement.

Design must be changed, or there is a possibility of disqualification. I may allow the car to compete at my discretion. (PM me and we'll discuss.)

Sorry about that.

- Kyrian

Found an illegality:

Vehicle is in violation of:

Aerodynamics:

1. Four (4) Small Control Surfaces permitted. 2 are to be at the front of the vehicle, and 2 are to be at the rear.

The vehicle has 1 surface at the front, 1 at the rear and 2 in the middle. Although this complies with the original statement of "Four (4) Small Control Surfaces permitted", it however does not comply with the law of placement.

Design must be changed, or there is a possibility of disqualification. I may allow the car to compete at my discretion. (PM me and we'll discuss.)

Sorry about that.

- Kyrian

Updated challenge submission craft. Racer attempts to find compromise between the spirit of the rules, providing ground effect to every wheel, and advancing the art/science of Formula K.

Craft: krr02F-KMk2 (stock parts)

Top speed: ?35 m/s with RCS near empty, 20.4 m/s without RCS

Javascript is disabled. View full album

kdonfede

--