KRF Formula K World Championship

NQMT

Kendin Kerman riding in krr02F-KMk2 completed race 1 with a lap of 1:31 (6:00 - 7:31).

Standing Start

FiqaOvz.png

Crossing the finish line

ZlwytdV.png

Path map, 2m line width

0hMTR2b.png

The car handled the kraken obstacles while crossing terrain tiles mostly well (though it still its share of rolls). I ran through the course many :confused: times. There's probably a couple more seconds that could be squeezed out.

Okay, so seeing as a lot of people are getting better results, I thought I will capitalize on that as well and improve mine. Here is what I managed to scraped from the bottom of the barrel:

NeoX GP - Time: 1:28

Start: MET 9:50

xmjs.png

Finish: MET 11:18

2ag6.png

Track record:

azv4.png

Pressure turned out to be too great for Camrod, as he buried the car in a nearby oil tanker - thankfully it was empty, and strangely indestructible. He was already driving on the edge, as he had lost the front wing halfway through the race, during one of the tense kraken moments:

6yd1.png

All that I can say is: I cannot wait for Season 2 part pack as I am having serious trouble with steering lock above 28m/s - and in order to activate my 2 wheel turning system I need to be driving straight. Any amount of turning causes the rear wheels to lock up at an angle and sends me sideways into a wall or ... an oil tanker.

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

...All that I can say is: I cannot wait for Season 2 part pack as I am having serious trouble with steering lock above 28m/s - and in order to activate my 2 wheel turning system I need to be driving straight. Any amount of turning causes the rear wheels to lock up at an angle and sends me sideways into a wall or ... an oil tanker.

I found RCS to be critical to turning, especially at the higher speeds. Learning to 'maximize RCS usage' by switching between translation/rotation modes was instrumental in cutting off several seconds (and steering at higher speeds). On my KMk2 version I relocated the RCS to the edges of the wheel axles. I also have action groups to toggle each RCS, assisting with steering.

Nice run and impressive staying within the lines; I had better times than the one I submitted, but would veer off past the sidewalks onto the grass on the last couple very-sharp turns.

Yeah, I had some iffy turns I'm not sure of even in this one. But at least on this occasion I actually managed to complete a lap xD That Kraken next to the satelite dish is a real killer for me.

So how do you set those groups up anyway? Would that not be inconvenient having to press random buttons on top of regular steering? I find it fairly awkward pressing Shift all the time while trying to steer and switching between 2 wheel steer and 4 wheel steer.

On the side:

I think next season, there will also be a rule about break lights and mounted cameras as well as RCS placement to try and force some limitations on players, standardize vehicles and force everyone to think outside the box ^^

I already tested break lights with the Aviation Lights plugin - if set to toggle lights on via Brake action group, they only come on when the breaks are applied. Very neat feature to have.

Race One has now been closed. Race Two will be open soon.

Note: GROOV3ST3R has already set a time for Race Two, as he is going on a short break and will be back in the competition in around two weeks.

You won't need to.

Race Two: GROOV3ST3R GP

UgCuHQk.jpg

This race was named after GROOV3ST3R, who was nearly the original season champion before the thread was closed, and the rules refined.

Race Standings:

1st: GROOV3ST3R - 1:35 (5pts)

2nd: donfede - 1:37 (3pts)

3rd: Frafor - 1:39 (2pts)

4th: CaptainGiblets - 1:48 (1pt)

5th: vger - 1:50

6th: Blaze 9X - 1:51

7th: DisarmingBaton5 - 1:55

8th: DaPatman - 1:56

9th: randomness5555 - 2:38

Edited by Kyrian

Wait-They weren't a seperate link!? ........ My bad. Going to give this a go, at least this time I know what time I have to beat.

Edit-

No sign of the second course in the first link. What am I doing wrong? Was there another link for the courses?

Edited by randomness5555
Checked first link

I'm on holidays at the moment as you may or may not know. Kyrian has posted my time as I've pulled in a favour from him since I'm unable to post any times for another week.

Randomness, if you can rebuild your car according to screens in this thread, I'm sure you can continue on with the tournament :) it'll be fine. Greetings from Canary Islands ;)

Update: HORRIBLE THINGS HAPPENED (We've been having lots of power cuts recently) and I lost my F1 save(Corrupted. Damn.) . And owing to not backing up the craft's I've lost my car. I will be dropping out of this tournament :\

Hi randomness -- please reconsider. Talking with Kyrian via PM, I had suggested the idea of allowing racers that did not score points to get a chance to update their car. Sounds like this may be the right opportunity for you do do so :) .

Aight... late-starter and wannabe Evel Knievel (actually, don't we all have that in us if we're playing this game?) looking to get in on this.

A little inquiry on the design rules though. 2.2. Rear wing must be on a separate pylon, connected to either the base of the car, or the pylon keeping the driver safe from a roll.

What is meant by pylon here? Is this specifically referring to the "Structural Pylon" part? Hard to tell even when looking at the screenshots of other rovers.

Thanks for the spoiler tip. Now if only I could figure out what the deal is with action groups. Never had to use them before because I never saw a need to lock any controls. Any changes I try to make to the control surface in consuction mode don't seem to stick. I set pitch yaw and roll to inactive, go to the launchpad, and it's moving again. Tried putting 'activate spoiler' as a toggle into an action group, that didn't work either. Every time I go back to edit the vehicle, both the action group and the settings I applied to the surface are gone as if I never changed anything. And the FAR flight tweaks only seem to effect the control surfaces while the car is still attached to the command module. *scratches head*