Satisfaction!

Javster

I'm very happy, because KW gives me the tools to get small shuttles to my LKO/MKO (350 km) station, and subassemblies allow be to strap that huge booster onto a plane, which allows for crew rotation (even though I'm not using my station because I'm waiting for an IVA view for the lab...)

I also like making shuttles and landing them. It's entertaining to land at KSC, even when I overshoot.

Reply about what satisfies you while playing KSP!

EDIT: 17/06/2014 update: still waiting on that lab IVA

Edited by Javster

Ultimate satisfaction: reentering kerbin's atmosphere after a long (interplanetary) flight and having that coming home feeling

only to realize you are very low on fuel and you forgot to repack the parachutes after lifting off from duna and you are already beginning to get the flame effects from re-entry

I am satisfied when something completely insane works on the first, second, third, fourth try!

It makes me laugh way too much.

Saw in another thread that you're attempting to get your Kerbapult to Minmus. You might end up dying of laughter when you pull that awesomeness off!

Persistence wins!! I'm now able to get out past the Mun and back to a safe landing in a stable rocket ship, now I just need to improve my aim to get close to the Mun (ok I got my Navbal symbols mixed up, ahem) and then turn my orbiter into a Mun lander. At least I'm picking up some science again.

Fly me to the Mun, let me play among the stars, let me see what spring is like on Jool and Duna...

I'm totally satisfied when I design a successful SSTO plane and get it into orbit with enough fuel to rendezvous and return.

This, unfortunately for me, happens 10% of the time.

The other 90% it blows up on the runway, fails to reach orbit by huge amounts, or gets into orbit with almost no fuel, and the designed gets scrapped or I do countless revisions.

Nevertheless, failure is always fun in KSP.

I'm totally satisfied when I design a successful SSTO plane and get it into orbit with enough fuel to rendezvous and return.

This, unfortunately for me, happens 10% of the time.

The other 90% it blows up on the runway, fails to reach orbit by huge amounts, or gets into orbit with almost no fuel, and the designed gets scrapped or I do countless revisions.

Nevertheless, failure is always fun in KSP.

Try this:

uRy1ueH.png

The forward fuel tanks are liquid fuel only, oxidizer was tweaked out.

This thing will circularize in the atmosphere . . . on jets.

And I did that by accident. Add docking ports, RCS, and monoprop, and you could rendezvous with a station in Munar orbit.

Ultimate satisfaction: reentering kerbin's atmosphere after a long (interplanetary) flight and having that coming home feeling

That's the one, right there. I feel so good when that fire starts up around my reentering craft.

Saw in another thread that you're attempting to get your Kerbapult to Minmus. You might end up dying of laughter when you pull that awesomeness off!

If I can get it to orbit, I can get it to Minmus.

Forecasts predict an 80% chance of maniacal cackling.

Just managed to get Jeb to my Mun base, after landing far, flying a bit closer, landing, then getting Jeb to fly himself to the base.

(I don't know if I have enough fuel to get back after all that semi-precise landing... At least Jeb can relax in a spacious Hitchhiker. Also, he seems permanently terrified.)

At least Jeb can relax in a spacious Hitchhiker. Also, he seems permanently terrified.

WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?!

The mind cannot fathom the sort of horrors which must have been unleashed to place Jebediah Kerman in that sort of state.

Took off in my SkyHawk SSTO, stopped at my aptly-named "LKO Gas Station" for a Rockomax Orange, flew all the way out to Laythe, orbited, and came back toward Kerbin. Dropped off my empty fuel can in Minmus Orbit, then dipped into Kerbin's atmosphere. Flared back and let my reentry trails glow bright yellow (no Deadly Reentry or Ferram Aerospace Research in my messing around file), came in to land in the dark when I saw my four markers (probes with lights) in a pattern I recognized all too well. Dropped my gear, turned to 90 degrees, and touched down right on the runway. Couldn't believe my luck. Was worth getting yelled at for waking everyone up in the house with my short shout of joy.

Although I enjoy the satisfaction of having completed it.. the re-entry is nearly always sadly anticlimactic ime. It'd be great if I could find a more dramatic way to come home - particularly when the re-entry module from my Jool 5 system was exactly the same as what I first came back from the Mun in.

My satisfication in KSP comes when one crucially placed struct enables my space ship to actually get into space.

Boris

"other engineers said I was mad to build a spaceship that big, but I built it anyway, it exploded on the launchpad, so I built another, that exploded on the launchpad, so I built another, that one burned down, fell over then exploded on the launchpad, but the last one made it into orbit"

"But I dont want to be an astronaut dad"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.