[1.3] kOS Scriptable Autopilot System v1.1.3.0

erendrake

Wait what? x^y? That simple? Arrrrgh :) that would be nice in the documentation. Anyway thanks thats awesome :)

Any other constants that are availeble? at the moment I already have a file that contains my own but it'd be good to know :)

I have a little problem: I can't create new programs: I write "edit [name of the program]."(without brackets) but it doesn't do anything.

Also, I found out that the plugin make my game crash very often: sometime the ship get corrupted(some part's missing), or the planet disappear.

I guess this isn't normal(citation needed),anybody have an idea of what I didn't do correctly?

I have a little problem: I can't create new programs: I write "edit [name of the program]."(without brackets) but it doesn't do anything.

Also, I found out that the plugin make my game crash very often: sometime the ship get corrupted(some part's missing), or the planet disappear.

I guess this isn't normal(citation needed),anybody have an idea of what I didn't do correctly?

Which version are you running and where did you get it?

you should try the new pre-release from github https://github.com/KSP-KOS/KOS/releases/tag/v12.2P1

if you dont want to use a pre-release we should have a new full release with the editor in the next few days.

I downloaded the version available on the this thread(the latest one I guess).

I just tried the pre-release and it work! I can finally make some program(altrough they will be small program to do some small task I don't want to do myself(e.g: the complete abort sequence))!

Thank you :)

I downloaded the version available on the this thread(the latest one I guess).

I just tried the pre-release and it work! I can finally make some program(altrough they will be small program to do some small task I don't want to do myself(e.g: the complete abort sequence))!

Thank you :)

I think an abort sequence is a great use for kOS, and there is nothing wrong with a short script if it adds value :)

I just thought I'd share a first glimpse of my autopilot :)

Cool. Back in the pre direct input days I did some crude scripting to try something similar. Only having the lock command to control the craft made for an... interesting ride. I managed to have craft take off autonomously, fly to a certain location and circle around it, with the intention of making unmanned supply drops or remote monitoring possible. It tended to be quite wobbly though, causing inefficiency, instability and the occasional random failure. This looks a lot better.

I think an abort sequence is a great use for kOS, and there is nothing wrong with a short script if it adds value :)

Exactly, executing a couple of commands that need to be run quickly and reliably is what kOS is good at. It is no good fumbling around with buttons when things go awry.

what is the action group number for "abort"?

It will be useful for my abort sequence script.

----------------------------------------------------------------EDIT-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The plugin still break the game for me after a few launches(like two or three). Anybody has similar issue on mac?

Anyone know how to fix that?

Edited by goldenpeach

Is there any way to set or query the state of individual engines?

The current problem: sometimes, Rapier engines automatically switch to rocket mode just before my script toggles the appropriate action group (turning them back to air-breathing, sending the ship spinning).

I know that I could just trigger them with a larger safety margin. I also could check maxthrust. Both are somewhat indirect approaches, I'd rather check the engine itself if possible. Btw, if I could toggle engines directly from kOS without using an action group, that would be a big win.

@erendrake, current KOS version (12.2P1) cause KSP crash after reverting to launch.

1. Revert to launchpad after aborted flight - vessel becomes to uncontrollable command pod, hovering in the air.

2. After that, revert to VAB (it's possible yet). Launch again - ship with all launch clamps appears somewhere in a space with enabled engine effects, absolutely uncontrollable, and even "ESC" dialog don't working (window shows without any buttons).

Cool. Back in the pre direct input days I did some crude scripting to try something similar. Only having the lock command to control the craft made for an... interesting ride. I managed to have craft take off autonomously, fly to a certain location and circle around it, with the intention of making unmanned supply drops or remote monitoring possible. It tended to be quite wobbly though, causing inefficiency, instability and the occasional random failure. This looks a lot better.

I'm halfway there to figure out the rotten coordinate system of KSP. Once that's done I'm certain I can do much more with the current logic, such as the things you mentioned. Automatic takeoff already isn't such a big deal but without knowledge how to query the current roll it ends up being luck. I tried to keep the angularvelocity along the axis compensated but that naturally is liable to drift over time so thats no use :)

@erendrake, current KOS version (12.2P1) cause KSP crash after reverting to launch.

1. Revert to launchpad after aborted flight - vessel becomes to uncontrollable command pod, hovering in the air.

2. After that, revert to VAB (it's possible yet). Launch again - ship with all launch clamps appears somewhere in a space with enabled engine effects, absolutely uncontrollable, and even "ESC" dialog don't working (window shows without any buttons).

Can you show the KSP_Data/output_log.txt that occurs just after this happens (If you've played since then then you'll have to regenerate it, as it gets wiped each time you play the game)? I've seen this ages ago but the cause for me was running into the 3.8GB 32-bit program memory cap. What's happening if you see the black-screen launchpad is that KSP itself was unable to finish loading the terrain data for the planet Kerbin (which it didn't need while you were in the VAB). Going to launchpad causes a jump in memory usage so it's often the place where bugs due to the memory cap manifest. In my case it happened with the ages-old bug in kOS that caused the program to loop slower and slower over time, which was also causing it to use more and more memory each update tick, and the memory it was wasting wasn't being wiped when reverting to launch. But that bug has been gone for a long time now, so if you're still getting the black-launchpad then I'd guess there's a different memory issue (maybe caused by kOS, maybe not?)

Ok, I've post screenshots and /output_log.txt later.

And no, i'm getting not black-launchpad, but empty ship construction except probe core (with kOS) on normal launchpad (after reverting after flight). After kOS removing, issue is gone.

I'm halfway there to figure out the rotten coordinate system of KSP.

I feel that we could really use more top level coordinates when it comes to that. Dealing with the KSP system is just unnecessarily painful.

I feel that we could really use more top level coordinates when it comes to that. Dealing with the KSP system is just unnecessarily painful.

Heh, I agree. Thanks to this page by Steven however I think I figured out directions and positions - finally. That still doesn't answer my main gripe with rotation though. At least I think it doesn't but its late and I'm braindead.

Having a probecore in orbit for half a day measuring directions and another one on the launchpad for some more time for heading information (which flips twice a kerbin-day thanks to the rotational reference frames) was too much.

I'm getting a gamebreaking bug both in the current release version (12.1) and the prerelease version (12.2P1). Every single time I revert to the launchpad/runway, I end up with a floating cockpit, no other parts from my ship, and no control/physics. The only way out is to restart the game.

I love this mod, but this is the most significant bug I've yet seen any mod cause.

I'm getting a gamebreaking bug both in the current release version (12.1) and the prerelease version (12.2P1). Every single time I revert to the launchpad/runway, I end up with a floating cockpit, no other parts from my ship, and no control/physics. The only way out is to restart the game.

I love this mod, but this is the most significant bug I've yet seen any mod cause.

Are you using RemoteTech? If so would you try turning off integration in the kOS config file and tell us if that is still an issue? im trying to narrow down the source of the trouble

Edited by erendrake

*scratches head* at who was this aimed erendrake? :) I'm not btw, not in the copy that runs kOS.

Shoot, i had multi quoted some people days ago and didnt notice they were still selected :P

Are you using RemoteTech? If so would you try turning off integration in the kOS config file and tell us if that is still an issue? im trying to narrow down the source of the trouble

Nope. No remotetech, and integration is off. This is my list of mods:

Toolbar, Chatterer, FAR, Floorit, Kerban Joint Reinforcement, Kerbaltek, kOS, Infernal Robotics, Mechjeb, Scansat, and RasterPropMonitor.

I could try running the game with only kOS and seeing if it causes the same bug.