[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

STS 103 Munar Surface Probe Deployment and Landing!

(Still using version 1.05, will switch to 1.11 for STS 105)

You have really hit the role and purpose of the KSO on the head with your videos. Awesome, and I'm always watching them to spot bugs and such.

Is there a way I can delete the camera portion of the mod? Those blue arc indicators are killing my frame-rate in the VAB.

That is an RPM thing. Raster Prop Monitor adds cameras to docking ports and hence you'll see a blue arc coming from them.

I don't like them either, I don't find any use for them since we all know which way a docking port is pointed.

Will see what we can do in our version of it.

Edited by helldiver

anyone know whats going on with my game? i really want to try the shuttle.

What specifically goes wrong when you launch your game? if it freezes up at the end of loading then it's likely a memory issue meaning you have too many mods :)

What specifically goes wrong when you launch your game? if it freezes up at the end of loading then it's likely a memory issue meaning you have too many mods :)

what are you!? MAD? there's no such thing as "Too Many Mods" hell man, i'm not even sure what that MEANS... XD

what are you!? MAD? there's no such thing as "Too Many Mods" hell man, i'm not even sure what that MEANS... XD

I know, i'm surprised by how many mods i have installed lol

just look at my gamedata folder

uEPCz8a.jpg

The whole list doesn't even fit in one 1920x1200 window lol xD

I had the 1.08 version of the shuttle, and it flew like a dream, but i skipped 1.09 as it caused any interaction of the shuttle on the launch pad to freeze up. I did a clean install of it, still freezing up completely

can you give me your save file?

Is there a way I can delete the camera portion of the mod? Those blue arc indicators are killing my framerate in the VAB.

RasterPropMonitor patches the cameras to docking ports. You can remove it by deleting JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/dockingports-patch.cfg

Hey Nazari and Helldiver! Thanks for the excellent shuttle I love it! However, I and a few others have found a memory leak/issue with the mod where it begins to bog down KSP after only a short time of play. (This time is even sooner if there are other mods installed, but that's normal). I'm not sure what bit of code or mod extension might be causing it, but it does appear to be directly connected to the Mini Shuttle. Even completely new installs with no other mods starts to take a diver after only one flight. Just wanted to point it out as something to look into, but again thanks a bundle and super love the mod!

After much tweaking and training on a separate save, I integrated the kos in my space program!

First mission: STS03, to deliver a docking node adaptater to the IKSS. A remote controled space crane will be used to dock the adapter.

0k9SEau.png

AHgSnPW.png

vQfT0km.png

U9UlnfE.png

This mod adds a whole new dimension to KSP, and the planned features are even more awesome. Thank you boh for your dedication.

On another side, DRE support seems to work well now, although the wings and cargo bay ablative shields sometimes won't deplete. May be too thick now ^^

Oh and those nice emissive lights, I thought about how great it would be if they had KAS support... :wink:

Did it on mine, but from KAS wiki:

MODULE
{
name = KASModuleGrab
evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)
attachNodeName = null
customGroundPos = false
dropPartPos = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
dropPartRot = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
physicJoint = false
addPartMass = true
evaTransformName = jetpackCollider
storable = true
storedSize = 1
bayType = null
bayNode = top
bayRot = (0, 0, 0)
attachMaxDist = 2
attachOnPart = true
attachOnEva = true
attachOnStatic = false
attachSendMsgOnly = false
grabSndPath = KAS/Sounds/grab
attachPartSndPath = KAS/Sounds/attach
attachStaticSndPath = KAS/Sounds/grappleAttachStatic
detachSndPath = KAS/Sounds/detach
}

Edited by Initar

Texture Compression IS an issue, but usually it causes the whole display to fail spectacularly, not just a little bit. What I can say is the example HUD prop doesn't work very well for me. Mihara thinks its a shader issue that will need a custom one written to get around. This might be useful if you want to try it out, check if the example prop provided with JSI HUD works properly. There is the HUD Mihara added to the various vessels, but the original design is still available on the example MFD. I just wonder if that is also borked for you? I wrote a custom one which borks, which is why it hasn't been released but the example one usually behaves and I'm trying to find out why. Seems to do with saturation values.

But that wouldn't explain why the ADI shows up incorrectly. Send me your computer ;) I GOTTA SEE IT FIRST HAND! I really wish I could reproduce this, I hate stabbing at the dark.

I've not had any issues with the "stock" RPM/MFD mod HUDs that I can recall. Although, with the wrangling I did to get my RAM usage below crash levels things might have changed! :wink: The video Westi29 just posted in this thread looks exactly like mine (though I'm sure that doesn't really help). If you take a peak, it is there it's just black/gray instead of green. I'll see if I can try the default JSI one, and I'll post back here if it works.

After much tweaking and training on a separate save, I integrated the kos in my space program!

First mission: STS03, to deliver a docking node adaptater to the IKSS. A remote controled space crane will be used to dock the adapter.

You have a standard docking module with KSO now though....:cool:

Helldiver, is there any reason why the VAB version of the shuttle .craft doesn't have the SAS part - that also makes unmanned missions possible - in the nosecone?

Reason? My own stupidity...

Will be fixed in 1.12...

Sigh.

Heads up... V-005 is missing the freaking avionics. Remove the nosecone, and put the avionics back in (it's in the VAB menu).

SPH version has it.

Thank you Robau for spotting that. I was freaking out in my tests this morning. Re-upping in a moment with some clean ups and with updated craft file.

Heads up... V-005 is missing the freaking avionics. Remove the nosecone, and put the avionics back in (it's in the VAB menu).

SPH version has it.

Helldiver - what does the avionics add to vehicle control? I've been flying 1.11 all afternoon and am finally landing consistently ...

I'm just going to say it again, this mod is amazing. Finally was able to land in one peace and actually stop in one piece (several attempts in career mode, tweaked the craft to be just right after several 'RUD's.) Love it and can't wait to us it more.

For everyone following the HUD issues:

Looks like it may be an issue with RPM/MFD. I tested this with a clean install with just KSO added. Hud still messed up. Took out the GameData/Hyomoto/ folder, replaced the Ghost HUD config items with the example JSI hud config info, and it was "normal" for me, but I'm beginning to think it's not what's intended. This may be related to the PFD (which I've never seen with RPM or MFD on my end).

Image links:

KSO HUD, full install: http://cl.ly/image/2G3D3s143S3E

Stock Cockpit HUD, with RPM: http://cl.ly/image/3F312p1j1F1I

Presumed PFD in stock cockpit and HUD: http://cl.ly/image/110P0i3d1Z2l

Might need to move this conversation over to the RPM and/or MFD threads...

Helldiver - what does the avionics add to vehicle control? I've been flying 1.11 all afternoon and am finally landing consistently ...

On your next trip up, put one in your next 005. Improves the yaw when RCSing in space since it provides the extra counter torque needed to help with the roll caused by the KSO's design.

You'll notice the difference :D

helldiver would consider adding an EDO pallet for extra fuel and mono propellant?

EDO_pallet.jpg

also would you consider switching the generator you have in the payload now to a monopropellant converter like the one in the FASA gemini mod?

helldiver would consider adding an EDO pallet for extra fuel and mono propellant?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/EDO_pallet.jpg

also would you consider switching the generator you have in the payload now to a monopropellant converter like the one in the FASA gemini mod?

1) Very good idea, coming for phase II. Should have been in Phase I, I simply forgot.

2) Very good idea. Will talk to Nazari about it.