[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

You could always add liquid fuel to the cargo bay in the cfg file if you want to use it as an ssto.

You could add liquid fuel and oxidizer as you like and remove the 'FSanimateGeneric' module. This would essentially make it into a fuel tank by removing the open/close door functionality.

You could add liquid fuel and oxidizer as you like and remove the 'FSanimateGeneric' module. This would essentially make it into a fuel tank by removing the open/close door functionality.
You could always add liquid fuel to the cargo bay in the cfg file if you want to use it as an ssto.

Ah ok, I'm not one to go modding other stuff. hehe NOT I love to mod and still learning how KSP does its magic thanks for the hint there and I'll go bogger something together. Nazari, helldiver, is it ok if I place a edited config file for the new body minus the cargo door animation with fuel and oxidizer within it in this thread?

um, what would a good fuel/oxidizer amount be good for this modification?

Whenever I attach anything to the ports on the inside of the cargo bay, the shuttle goes into an uncontrollable spin somewhere between the SRB's decoupling and before the main fuel tank decouples. Any suggestions.

Just open your cargo bay config, highlight the cargo bay animation module, and paste this over it

RESOURCE

{

name = LiquidFuel

amount = 360

maxAmount = 360

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Oxidizer

amount = 440

maxAmount = 440

}

put whatever number you'd like for the fuel. You can also comment out the animation module if you'd like to restore it some time by adding // in front of each line, instead of pasting over it.

Whenever I attach anything to the ports on the inside of the cargo bay, the shuttle goes into an uncontrollable spin somewhere between the SRB's decoupling and before the main fuel tank decouples. Any suggestions.

Anything? can you post a pic or pics of what cargo has caused this and how everything was attached?

Edited by Nazari1382

Anything? can you post a pic or pics of what cargo has caused this and how everything was attached?

This is the setup

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7303/12574086805_096f8497a0_m.jpg

The next three images were taken in a 4 second window right after the SRB's decoupled.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3671/12574568184_30e891c5e0_m.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2877/12574571004_57d83376c0_m.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3666/12574119315_20cdce0a1c_m.jpg

This is the setup

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7303/12574086805_096f8497a0_m.jpg

The next three images were taken in a 4 second window right after the SRB's decoupled.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3671/12574568184_30e891c5e0_m.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2877/12574571004_57d83376c0_m.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3666/12574119315_20cdce0a1c_m.jpg

Flickr isn't really a viable source for sharing pictures. Why don't you use imgur or imageshack? I only suggest this because your images are no longer visible.

Flickr isn't really a viable source for sharing pictures. Why don't you use imgur or imageshack? I only suggest this because your images are no longer visible.

Sorry it's my first time ever importing pics. So I didn't know which program to use. Thanks for the advice

This is the setup

http://i.imgur.com/caCTplgs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VLbl0RL.png

http://i.imgur.com/mGtan6js.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8JLiw9Ps.jpg

are your shuttle engines on? i see the fuel gauge but no effects on the engines. i'm just asking so we can rule out this possibility

Just returned from a successful satellite launch and KSO rendezvous with KSS for crew change (Jeb was getting bored). Tried to get a hero shot in front of the lander and none of the crew could exit the KSO. The message was "Hatch is obstructed, can't exit." I tried it both with and without the ladder extended. Any ideas what's wrong?

vLWx8ET.png

During SSTO testing with a fuel bay, not a cargo bay I've been having sudden ship separation while rolling down the runway. I did have kerbal joint reinforcement mod installed. So I quit out and removed it and its STILL doing it. I suggest that you place maybe two nods for the wings and wheel bays with two nodes of connections they might be able to withstand a powered flight off the runway.

I do understand that this is not what you had in mind for your craft, and if you don't wish to redo it just for someone to so a powered takeoff from the runway I will understand, and will support what ever you decide to do, or if you will do it but need to finish other more planned sections like you space station parts. Just let us SSTO nuts know what you plans are and all.

Many thanks in advanced

Damaske

Is anyone else's center of gravity missing in the VAB? My center of thrust and lift show up just fine, but when I click on the icon for COG, it will flicker once and not show up again.

You need to go into the engine config and remove or comment out the following:

RESOURCE

{

electricCharge

amount = 0

maxAmount = 0

}

Or you could make the 'maxAmount' 10. Or 1. Or 42. Or 13 stomptillion. Well, maybe not that last one... Anyway, it's the 'Zero' that messes up the CoM indicator.

I don't know why parts makers are even putting that in there. What's the point of specifically defining a resource only to say 'nyah nyah, you can't have any'?

I can't get this (or the Buran in the Soviet Pack) to work with MechJeb. I can dock (not really with the Buran) and rendezvous (kinda), but I can't get either of them to land.

Landing has to be done manually, MechJeb doesn't really have a spaceplane landing module.

I can't get this (or the Buran in the Soviet Pack) to work with MechJeb. I can dock (not really with the Buran) and rendezvous (kinda), but I can't get either of them to land.

Landing spaceplanes with MechJeb is a art more than a science I've found. Basically, you need to do all the work when it comes to reentering the atmosphere and getting a good approach, then you can activate spaceplanes guidance once you're on approach to line you up but you still need some hands on since you need to deploy landing gear and flaps manually.

I've been adding side mounted jet engines from B9 to assist in landing so YMMV but this is my process when using MechJeb.

1. Retrograde burn as described in guide to landing at the start of this thread

2. Fall through atmosphere with nose slightly angled up to burn off some speed

3. At 25km I activate spaceplanes guidance and set it for a glide angle of 3-5 degrees

4. Deactivate OMS engines and activate jet engines.

5. Throttle up to 50-75% depending on distance from space center/speed

6. Once you reach 1.5-1 km from runway cut engines and deploy airbrake

7. Action group 4 to lower wing flaps just as rear wheels touch and engage brakes on landing gear.

Assuming I was at a 100-150km orbit when I started this I can land without damage 9 out of 10 times. Still working on the process for when I'm at 250km and reentering from servicing my telescope. :(

Ah ok, I'm not one to go modding other stuff. hehe NOT I love to mod and still learning how KSP does its magic thanks for the hint there and I'll go bogger something together. Nazari, helldiver, is it ok if I place a edited config file for the new body minus the cargo door animation with fuel and oxidizer within it in this thread?

Here ya go. Copy and replace with all the contents of the cgholdkso.cfg file located in the KSO Parts folder or you can rename them and make seperate parts. I put in the same amount of fuel/oxidizer from a Rockomax X200-32 fuel can but feel free to modify.

*Source: KSO Cargo Hold Part CFG V113:

PART
{
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
// Generated By KSP_Config Create (Script)

// --- general parameters ---
name = cgholdkso
module = Winglet
author = helldiver

// --- asset parameters ---

MODEL
{
model = KSO/Parts/cgholdkso
}

scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z, Node Size
node_stack_top = 0, 2.393909, 0.005699465, 0, 1, 0, 1
node_stack_bottom01 = 0, -2.391524, 0.000, 0, -1, 0, 1
// inner bay nodes
node_stack_bottom02 = 0, 2.086, 0.008, 0, -1, 0, 1
node_stack_bottom03 = 0, -2.056, 0.008, 0, 1, 0, 1
//side nodes
node_stack_bottom04 = -0.8878, -0.11, 1.114832, 0, -1, 0, 1
node_stack_bottom05 = 0.8878, -0.11, 1.114832, 0, -1, 0, 1
// gear
//node_stack_bottom = 0.873, -1.0259, 1.2515, 0, -1, 0, 1
//node_stack_bottom = -0.873, -1.0259, 1.2515, 0, -1, 0, 1
node_stack_bottom06 = -0.8724402, -1.02499999, 1.250262, 0, -1, 0, 1
node_stack_bottom07 = 0.8724402, -1.02499999, 1.250262, 0, -1, 0, 1

// --- editor parameters ---

TechRequired = highAltitudeFlight
entryCost = 8500
cost = 800
category = Structural
subcategory = 0
title = KSO Cargo Bay
manufacturer = Murika Superstellar Inc.
description = Built by a consortium of Kerbin's finest contractors, the Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter is a paradigm in spacecraft design. The KSO cargo bay can hold payloads up to 1.5 meters in diameter and has primary attachments points fore and aft as well as on its floor. The bay also includes an APU that generates power and recharges the onboard batteries.

// --- attach parameters ---
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 3.36
dragModelType = override
maximum_drag = 0.15
minimum_drag = 0.02
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 20
breakingForce = 50
breakingTorque = 80
maxTemp = 2900
fuelCrossFeed = True
dragCoeff = 0.2
//deflectionLiftCoeff = 3.49

//MODULE
//{
// name = FARWingAerodynamicModel
// MAC = 2.264
// e = 0.75
// MidChordSweep = 22.16
// b_2 = 3.601
// TaperRatio = 0.188
//}

// --- Custom parameters ---

RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
amount = 1440
maxAmount = 1440
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 1760
maxAmount = 1760
}

// MODULE
// {
// name = FSanimateGeneric
// animationName = Take001
// startEventGUIName = Open Cargo Bay
// endEventGUIName = Close Cargo Bay
// toggleActionName = Toggle Cargo Bay Doors
// availableInEVA = True
// availableInVessel = True
// EVArange = 2
// }

MODULE
{
name = ModuleGenerator
isAlwaysActive = true
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.25
}
}

}

EDIT: to rename it: change the line where it says name= to that of your choice and make sure you save the file with that same name but with a .cfg extension on the end. For example: if I renamed this part to SSTOFuelHold, I would change the name line to "name = SSTOFuelHold" and then save it as "SSTOFuelHold.cfg" in the KSO Parts folder. This preserves the original part and creates a duplicate with the above configuration.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

You need to go into the engine config and remove or comment out the following:

RESOURCE

{

electricCharge

amount = 0

maxAmount = 0

}

Or you could make the 'maxAmount' 10. Or 1. Or 42. Or 13 stomptillion. Well, maybe not that last one... Anyway, it's the 'Zero' that messes up the CoM indicator.

I don't know why parts makers are even putting that in there. What's the point of specifically defining a resource only to say 'nyah nyah, you can't have any'?

Thank you. That is weird that resources are given to the parts that won't even have them. Maybe they could get rid of or fix it in a future version of the KOS. It's nice when trying out different boosters or payloads to see if your CoM and CoT line up.

The Tenth of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and Sixth Flight of the Tenacious! STS 110's objectives are to complete KSO Space Station Construction Phase II by deploying and installing the KSO Habitat Module #1, which can house six kerbals, transfer four kerbals into the module, and then return to the KSC runway. The KSO Space Station will contain six additional planned modules, which will be brought up in the next KSO shuttle missions. Upon completion, the KSO Space Station will hold 14 Kerbals, two green houses, one telescope, a single-kerbal science lab, and over 8,000 units each of liquid fuel and oxidizer.

Most of the footage is shown in 4x speed for quick viewing.

STS 111 Will bring up the KSO Space Station Greenhouse Module #1.

Thank you. That is weird that resources are given to the parts that won't even have them. Maybe they could get rid of or fix it in a future version of the KOS. It's nice when trying out different boosters or payloads to see if your CoM and CoT line up.

Oh, this isn't specific to the KSO engines. All of dtobi's shuttle engines have it, in fact I think every engine I've downloaded in the last month or two has had that line in it. I think it's something that modders were told to put in, but nobody at the time knew that there was a bug with (I'm guessing) Unity.

Anyway, all of that is pure theory on my part. All I know is that it works when you remove or fix that one thing. :) I'm glad I was able to help.

Later. :D

The Tenth of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and Sixth Flight of the Tenacious! STS 110's objectives are to complete KSO Space Station Construction Phase II by deploying and installing the KSO Habitat Module #1, which can house six kerbals, transfer four kerbals into the module, and then return to the KSC runway. The KSO Space Station will contain six additional planned modules, which will be brought up in the next KSO shuttle missions. Upon completion, the KSO Space Station will hold 14 Kerbals, two green houses, one telescope, a single-kerbal science lab, and over 8,000 units each of liquid fuel and oxidizer.

Most of the footage is shown in 4x speed for quick viewing.

STS 111 Will bring up the KSO Space Station Greenhouse Module #1.

Two questions if you please, What mod do you have that adds the pretty Aurora at Kerbin's poles, and 2 what mod is that expandable habitat from? Love both, would like to have. If you could tell me, or even post a link to them, that would be great and much appreciated.