I have summoned a new kind of Kraken. The exploding Kraken.

The Destroyer

So, I went to launch my probe to Duna, but due to a fuel error, I had to abort. For some reason, it wouldn't stop spinning unless I hit X4 warp.

JVvMT3n.jpg

So I tried to land.. in the tracking dish, at 4x warp. It exploded, and this happened.

PMHBt3m.jpg

Hmm, nullref and lag. What could th- WHAT THE HECK!

dKn4kkx.jpg

tLafA8L.jpg

Cometsplosion?

Did you go through the ground or , at least, any parts go into the ground?

If so, you have discovered my kraken (the Drill Kraken): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37109-Easter-Hunt-%28no-spoilers-though%29-%28picture-heavy%29

I've already encountered the drill kraken. I had no idea, I had to revert because the game was going at 2 FPS.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with the aerodynamics model in this game breaking down. Just be glad you don't have the breakdown locked to your persistence file. On one of my saves, any craft with no control surface will uncontrollably flip around at 10KM no matter what you do. Put a thousand reaction wheels on if you like, it's still going to misbehave.

I've already encountered the drill kraken. I had no idea, I had to revert because the game was going at 2 FPS.

Yeah,I just picked up this exact big recently, also. Real pain in @$$. On good days, an entire copy of my ship will also apper right next to me during the flight, and proceeds to fall to its FpS killing death.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with the aerodynamics model in this game breaking down. Just be glad you don't have the breakdown locked to your persistence file. On one of my saves, any craft with no control surface will uncontrollably flip around at 10KM no matter what you do. Put a thousand reaction wheels on if you like, it's still going to misbehave.

Strangley, it never happened before.

But it sure did produce pretty infinite-explosions! :D

It turns out, I have summoned a NEW kind of kraken. That's BOUND to my craft. In space, in atmosphere, anywhere, it will start moving, then rotating, going faster and faster. The spin kraken.

EDIT: Turns out, the STUPID AEIS battery is shifting around like mad on the craft, coliding into another object, creating force.

Edited by The Destroyer

It turns out, I have summoned a NEW kind of kraken. That's BOUND to my craft. In space, in atmosphere, anywhere, it will start moving, then rotating, going faster and faster. The spin kraken.

EDIT: Turns out, the STUPID AEIS battery is shifting around like mad on the craft, coliding into another object, creating force.

That's the collision detection kraken. You can have fun with that one. Try this for kicks: stick 8 FL-T200 tanks on the end of 8 long metal girders and watch the self-destruction!

This is the Gyro Kraken, usually caused by some parts clipping into each other. :) Just go through your design to try to identify the offending piece(s)

Yeah. That's what I said, I looked at the probe and the AEIS battery was actually... MOVING towards the center of the rocket, going by pieces and causing massive torque 0_o

One of my probes was destroyed by a deep space kraken, but perhaps it was an spacecraft failure.

The probe was in deep space so i decided to shut down the main engine to avoid firing it by mistake ( Right click and shutdown) but when a reloaded the game and before i had time to do nothing the probe exploded in pieces, a complete mission loss.

I think I've had that first kinda Kraken (thou I didn't know it was a kraken)

4r2Ewp0l.jpg

It's only ever happened to me when using mods and so far I've only seen it around KSC. In the above pic I was testing missiles from a harrier type craft. Most times it's happened I've had to kill the game, but if I do manage to get the menu up and end the flight this tends to happen;

F1uZJE9l.jpg

Every figure out who to fix or what mod it was?

No, its an intermittent bug. Every time I've tried to be all logical and scientific about it and take each mod out and then replace them one by one I've been unable to recreate it. After adding each mod and testing I get back to having all my mods again and things seem fine. Then when I least expect it, baaaannnnnnnnggggggg(in very slow motion).

It seems a bit like it might be more dependent on the craft rather than any one mod, or maybe its a specific interaction between two mods. I just know that I've never seen it when playing pure stock. I'm flummoxed!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.