Suddenly my game is in 3D

I have played this game since a year now and suddenly its in red and blue 3D, however I havnt changed any settings, nor does it show a 3D option in the settings, the only mod I have installed is coolRockets. Any advicewould be appreciated. And yes I have tried unistalling all mods and a new ksp installation, to no affect. (It wouldnt be catastrophic if I owned red and blue 3D goggles, but I dont).

Edited by Almond

These are all of the settings right here: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Settings

My guess is that you changed the screen resolution, and it hasn't had time to adjust yet?

Also, it may be something wrong with your computer, but i don't know too much about computers so i wouldn't be too much of a help there , but my guess is it would have to be something with the contrast?

If all else fails, watch a 3-D movie and bring the glasses home :P

If all else fails, watch a 3-D movie and bring the glasses home :P

Unfortunately, this doesn't work anymore. The 3D now uses, perpendicular polarity offset projections. Not many monitors have the capability to do that, though a few of the 3D TVs can do it.

So finding red and blue glasses is an archaeological achievement. :P

Unfortunately, this doesn't work anymore. The 3D now uses, perpendicular polarity offset projections. Not many monitors have the capability to do that, though a few of the 3D TVs can do it.

So finding red and blue glasses is an archaeological achievement. :P

Did you check online? They can be had for just a few bucks. It's really not that hard to find them.

Red-cyan glasses are not "archaeological" at all, they're abundant on just about every auction site like eBay, or sites like DX.

They aren't obsolete in certain cases where wireframe models are being watched, and that works perfectly fine. It's ok for some photos, too. Not everyone has the money to buy expensive 3D screens and associated active glasses.

The "3D error" with KSP does not produce a 3D image at all. It's just randomly shifted red and cyan images. If you watch it with red-cyan glasses, you get a messed up image and a headache after a while...

So I analysed the problem and found its source. The problem was not to do with the game but it was the nividia graphics card, the 3d program decided it would be funny to make all games, not just ksp 3d if they were compatible, however the program wasnt installed correctly and so changing options had no affect, upon reinstalling nividia everything worked well again and yes I did find red and blue 3d glasses and enjoyed ksp in 3d, (there is nothing like seing jeb burn in the atmosphere in 3d.)

By some strange co-incidence, I hit this problem yesterday as well.

Updating from Win 8.0 to 8.1 will do this, since it seems to mess with the nVidia settings.

Upgrading to the latest video driver and control panel fixed the problem. The old control panel didn't even have the config options to set Stereoscopic 3D off.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.