Kerbal Construction Time/StageRecovery Dev Thread

magico13

Was just coming to say that after a few runs the ship thing reappeared after RT2 was removed. Grr!! I hate it when it looks like a problem is pinned down, then it jumps back up again. Found it while trying to track down the cause of a strange 'rocket fire' animation playing during screen loads.

Congratulations on your final final! :D

If data is saved to persistent.sfs, when I remove this mod, is it going to cause compatibility problem?

It shouldn't cause any issues. The ScenarioModule that all the data is saved in will just no longer be included in future saves, so all information from this mod will be lost. It shouldn't have any effect on anything else though.

Was just coming to say that after a few runs the ship thing reappeared after RT2 was removed. Grr!! I hate it when it looks like a problem is pinned down, then it jumps back up again. Found it while trying to track down the cause of a strange 'rocket fire' animation playing during screen loads.

Congratulations on your final final! :D

Yeah, the rocket fire/smoke on scene change is the same bug I think. Just a side effect of loading the ship causing the game to fully load the model into the world. I haven't found a KSP function that allows me to get the parts from a ConfigNode of a ship, but I should be able to write my own.

:o Well that will certainly save me a lot of work trying to figure that darn think out if it is all part of the same bug :P I only started getting it recently and thought it was connected with another mod that was updated. *head smacks into desk* :P

:o Well that will certainly save me a lot of work trying to figure that darn think out if it is all part of the same bug :P I only started getting it recently and thought it was connected with another mod that was updated. *head smacks into desk* :P

It was reported in the past along with the ghost ships, so I'm fairly certain they're related. The only attempt I've made at rewriting the ship loading has not worked, but that was a while ago. I'll try to see if I can get it in the next release, then I only need to load the ships when necessary, instead of all the time. It could even reduce some RAM usage :P

OK, I have installed this mod and loaded up my main save into it. In the VAB it shows that lots of parts (mostly types of engine) are not available. Is that supposed to happen? Is it something to do with the sandbox setting? My main save is a sandbox game.

Ignore me - I had borked my install :(

Hopefully whatever happened didn't do any permanent damage/you had backups (I always backup my save after each play session, since with all the mods I'm running something is bound to break). Was it an incorrect install of this mod specifically? Or just a general issue/other mod? Cause I don't know how this would cause that, but KSP gets really weird when things get messed up.

Hopefully whatever happened didn't do any permanent damage/you had backups (I always backup my save after each play session, since with all the mods I'm running something is bound to break). Was it an incorrect install of this mod specifically? Or just a general issue/other mod? Cause I don't know how this would cause that, but KSP gets really weird when things get messed up.

Somehow I had managed to delete the part.cfg of a part that I use a lot, so lots of my standard designs would not load, and then I started getting confused. Anyhow I have fixed the part pack that I had damaged and my life is rosie!

I am loving KCT already :) There is however one thing that I have run into that could be addressed. In the VAB I have noticed that when I click on the GUI the click also acts on whatever part the GUI is overlaid on which is driving me nuts. I noticed that this does not happen for the MechJeb GUI - I dunno what the difference is but that might provide a starting point for finding a solution.

Anyhow - awesome mod!

I'm really loving this mod, its nice to have system enforced delays between launches since I know I'd never have to willpower to do it myself. Right now I'm wondering if concurrent building is going to be implemented in the near future because I'd like to be able to set my times to something realistic like a few weeks / months, but also allow for 3-4 vehicles to be building at the same time to balance things out.

I am loving KCT already :) There is however one thing that I have run into that could be addressed. In the VAB I have noticed that when I click on the GUI the click also acts on whatever part the GUI is overlaid on which is driving me nuts. I noticed that this does not happen for the MechJeb GUI - I dunno what the difference is but that might provide a starting point for finding a solution.

I think I know how to fix this, so I'll try to get it in the next build. At least for the immobile windows in the editor. I think it requires locking down controls, so it wouldn't work for the main editor window. Though I can see if there's another way that will work for any of the windows.

Right now I'm wondering if concurrent building is going to be implemented in the near future because I'd like to be able to set my times to something realistic like a few weeks / months, but also allow for 3-4 vehicles to be building at the same time to balance things out.

I've got it already setup for the next release. That feature is currently in testing and seems to be working fairly well. It could be a week or two before the release though as I have a bunch of other things I want to implement as well.

I've got it already setup for the next release. That feature is currently in testing and seems to be working fairly well. It could be a week or two before the release though as I have a bunch of other things I want to implement as well.

Nice!... I'm looking forward to it :)

Magico, I have a big request of KCT. Can you add the ability to edit your projects in work to, lets say, add new science experiments unlocked from the last mission? I imagine it would be hard, if not next to impossible, but I thought I'd ask...

I want to implement that kind of functionality, since adding a forgotten part shouldn't take forever, but it won't be next version. It's going to be somewhat difficult to implement I think. Next version might have the precursor to this: the ability to view the ship in the editor (in case you forget what it looks like/what parts you have). Edits should just be one step further from that.

Is anyone getting a bug where upon loading the game and going into the tracking station you are only able to time warp and move the camera, but not select any ships, or exit, or change which ships are shown? I have a user reporting this but I haven't seen it before and want to see if I can track it down. The tracking station is giving me all sorts of grief with the not removing ships from storage, crashing upon vessel completion with RT2, the issue with debris going through the planet, and now this. I'm tempted to just disable the ability to do things from the tracking station, but I don't think that will actually get around some of these bugs. Hopefully rewriting the code that gets the parts from the ships will fix some of them, but that is being difficult to implement.

Is anyone getting a bug where upon loading the game and going into the tracking station you are only able to time warp and move the camera, but not select any ships, or exit, or change which ships are shown? I have a user reporting this but I haven't seen it before and want to see if I can track it down. The tracking station is giving me all sorts of grief with the not removing ships from storage, crashing upon vessel completion with RT2, the issue with debris going through the planet, and now this. I'm tempted to just disable the ability to do things from the tracking station, but I don't think that will actually get around some of these bugs. Hopefully rewriting the code that gets the parts from the ships will fix some of them, but that is being difficult to implement.

Thats the same tracking center bug I have reported except mine normally happens after an active ship is destroyed. I can provide my entire mod list incase theres a conflict somewhere causing it.

Thats the same tracking center bug I have reported except mine normally happens after an active ship is destroyed. I can provide my entire mod list incase theres a conflict somewhere causing it.

It definitely doesn't hurt! Perhaps there's a conflict that is manifesting in really strange ways, or I genuinely have some bug somewhere that only comes out in rare cases. When the other user gets me their logs I'm going to try to figure this out. I still have your save file, so hopefully I can recreate the issue with it and all the mods you use. I've been focusing on new features lately and haven't gotten around to bug fixing yet, since the new features will also produce their own bugs, so I may as well fix them all at the same time :P

Full mod list

warning massive wall of text incoming

Toolbar

Active Texture Management

AviationLights

B9 Aerospace ( with .23.5 and Gear Fixes and all dependencies)

BeastlyScience

Cargo Transfer Bags

Chatterer

Connected Living Space

Custom Biomes

Deadly Reentry

Distant Ohjects

Dmagic Orbital science

Editor Extendsions

Enhanced Nav Ball

Environmental Visual Enhancements

FASA Launch Clamps

FAR

Firespitter ( DLL only)

Through the Eyes of a Kerbal

Hull Camera VDS

RPM

Kerbal Dust Experiment

Kerbal Attachment System

KerbQuake

Klockheed Martian Space Shuttle Engines

KSPX

KW Rocketry

Launch Count Down

LTech Science

Mk2 and S2 Crew Tank Internals

MechJeb

Final Frontier

1.25-2.5 Service Bays

Rover Science

Procedural Fairings

RCS Build Aide

Real Chute

Real Fuels

Science Revisted

Nova Punch 2

Romfarer's Robotic Arms Pack

SCAN Sat

Mk2 and Mk3 Cockpit Internals

Ship Manifest

Tarsier Space Tech

TAC Life Support and Fuel Balancer

Tweakible Everything

Universal Storage

Vessel View

Sadly KSP is one of my LEAST modded games I have ( one which I wont name I've increased the size of the game on disk by atleast x10)

Edit: tried putting it under a spoiler tag but isn't working.

Full mod list

warning massive wall of text incoming

Toolbar

AviationLights

B9 Aerospace ( with .23.5 and Gear Fixes and all dependencies)

BeastlyScience

Cargo Transfer Bags

Chatterer

Connected Living Space

Custom Biomes

Deadly Reentry

Distant Ohjects

Dmagic Orbital science

Editor Extendsions

Enhanced Nav Ball

FASA Launch Clamps

FAR

Firespitter ( DLL only)

Through the Eyes of a Kerbal

Hull Camera VDS

RPM

Kerbal Dust Experiment

Kerbal Attachment System

KerbQuake

Klockheed Martian Space Shuttle Engines

KSPX

KW Rocketry

Launch Count Down

LTech Science

Mk2 and S2 Crew Tank Internals

MechJeb

Final Frontier

1.25-2.5 Service Bays

Rover Science

Procedural Fairings

RCS Build Aide

Real Chute

Real Fuels

Science Revisted

Nova Punch 2

SCAN Sat

Mk2 and Mk3 Cockpit Internals

Ship Manifest

Tarsier Space Tech

Tweakible Everything

Universal Storage

Vessel View

Sadly KSP is one of my LEAST modded games I have ( one which I wont name I've increased the size of the game on disk by atleast x10)

Edit: tried putting it under a spoiler tag but isn't working.

Fixed it for you, but I have not had the issue that is being described.

From reading over my last logs from when I had KCT installed ( I dropped it to finish this playthrough without my tracking center going haywire) what looked to be happening was KCT would throw an error followed by mechjeb followed by a bunch of KSP unity DLLs flipping out then everything else chain crashing ( with the game still running). Screwy tracking center persists after a reload as well and removing KCT from a pre bugged backup does not reproduce the problem. Also to note the spam of NULL errors in the space center scene as well ( tho I get a few on first loadup without KCT but with it its near constant to the point Final Frontier and Distant objects refuses to load from tool bar in the KSC scene But KCT TACLS and KAC work)

Last logs and save I have are here ( since there buried a few pages back now)

save file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYzqg0314S0SXB2dHljUlFqQlk/edit?usp=sharing

output log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYzqg0314S0OUxjaXZfSVcwcnc/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Kalista

Like I said thats what happens on my end and it fails to happen with KCT out of the picture tho I do not believe KCT is by itself doing it. IMO its prob KCT and one or more of my other mods doing somethin the other doesn't like that sends the game into a error tailspin thats causing the problem. That or the tracking and space center is pure evil (EVE and DO made it lag like crazy late game till I turned debris to 25).

Mods from the list that I can be ruled out from conflict are:

Toolbar

Deadly Reentry

Dmagic Orbital science

Enhanced Nav Ball

FASA Launch Clamps

FAR

Firespitter

Hull Camera VDS

Kerbal Attachment System

LTech Science

MechJeb

Rover Science

Procedural Fairings

RCS Build Aide

Real Chute

Nova Punch 2

SCAN Sat

Tweakible Everything

I have had problems with Tarsier Space Tech so that might be one to check if something is going funky there. The ones I listed for ruling out I personally tested with KCT without the problem occurring. It could also be something with Distant Objects interacting with the phantom ship in the Space Center.

Both (technically all three, since Kalista gave me two) reports that I'm getting indicate that a vessel was crashed prior to the issue ocurring, and then the Tracking Station was accessed. I think the vessel crashing, perhaps with a mod interaction but perhaps not, is causing the issue. If it is an interaction issue, and JeffreyCor's list is correct (as in, those mods aren't the issue) then it looks like it's only custom biomes, editor extensions, or final frontier, as those are the only other mods that are common between the two cases. Which makes me think it's probably just with KCT (but the chance of someone seeing it with just KCT installed is slim, since it's unlikely anyone plays with just KCT, even my dev environment has other mods). I can't tell if it's a side effect of loading the ships in the Space Center scene, which I just finished writing new code that doesn't do that anymore. If either Kalista or the other user (I don't know if he wants me to mention him, since he PMed me and we've been talking that way) are willing to try out a very in-development version to see if the bug is fixed, let me know.It likely has its own bugs to deal with, but knowing whether or not the changes I've made fix the problem would be good.

achievments mod

CustomBiomes

DeadlyReentry

EditorExtensions

EngineerRedux

EnhancedNavBall

KAS

ProceduralFairings

Figaro Global Navigation Satellite System

HyperEdit

Kethane

kOS

MechJeb2

MissionController

DockingPortAlignment

FinalFrontier

Persistent Trails

Precise Node

Protractor

RealChute

RemoteTech2

Simple Part Organizer

TAC Life Support

Custom Tree Loader

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Modular Kolonization System

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.