I accidentally my save

rasheed

Well, this is what actually happened.

If you reload the scene on the transition from SPH to Space Center it shows ALL running missions not loaded cuz the parts wasn't Loaded yet.

So yea.... 5 Satellites, 2 Space Stations and probes on the Mun And Mimmus, Deleted.

Well, this is what actually happened.

If you reload the scene on the transition from SPH to Space Center it shows ALL running missions not loaded cuz the parts wasn't Loaded yet.

So yea.... 5 Satellites, 2 Space Stations and probes on the Mun And Mimmus, Deleted.

Did any kerbals go Missing In Action?

I had this once as well. I still don't know what caused this, but for some reason: it decided not to load a couple of parts, and everything with those parts on it in flight was removed from the game. I think just restarting KSP did the trick for me, and if that didn't, it was reinstalling it.

As for save files: I try to make a backup at least once a week, both onto the other hard drive in my PC and to my dropbox folder.

• 4 months later...

If this is important to you, you could do worse than consider Jebretary. It`s a GIT based version control manager for every save, persistance, quicksave, craft and subassembly you make. Even the auto saved ships that were only launched and not saved otherwise are kept and versioned so you can return to any of them at any point. You can get an autosave from 3 days and 35 minutes ago and make it your quicksave for example. You can get that one craft that actually worked 2 hours ago that you only launched once, never saved, then changed and never made it work again. Every autosave and quicksave and craft and subassembly. Nothing lost.

Did I mention you can control this all from a browser page from another computer on the LAN if you like?

It`s awesome...

It can be found here.

EDIT : It will also tell you if any modded parts are in any craft in your VAB folder and give you a list of the parts needed to build all your craft. No more trying to figure out which mod you need to reload once so you can load your favourite craft...

Edited by John FX

Yeah, I pretty acidentally all the time too. :D

Just a tip bros: ALT+F5 allows you to name the quicksaves, so you can have different ones, and ALT+F9 allows you to select which one to load! Pretty nice, isn't it?

(EDIT: Changed from CTRL to ALT, my bad)

Edited by SolarLiner

Sorry for your loss. I haven't done that yet but usually if I launch some complicated ship or station part, I'll breathe a sigh of relief when done circularizing or docking then promptly hit revert flight instead of space center. Then I scream.

Edited by Duke23

In fact that I use some mods on nearly every craft (Engeneerer (all craft),RT2 Antennas, TAC Life for manned craft etc.), I have an extra save for that, which every modded part is used, and launched into space.

So when a new version of the mod or KSP is coming around, I test it first. Learned this the hard way...

Yeah, I pretty acidentally all the time too. :D

Just a tip bros: CTRL+F5 allows you to name the quicksaves, so you can have different ones, and CTRL+F9 allows you to select which one to load! Pretty nice, isn't it?

Seriously? I had no idea. That's tremendous.

I once spent a few minutes looking for my Eeloo probe, to see how close it was getting to the planet, before realising I must have F9'd on another ship and deleted it. I now have a stop and think rule before hitting F5 or F9. But having multiple F5s saved will be a huge help

Seriously? I had no idea. That's tremendous.

I once spent a few minutes looking for my Eeloo probe, to see how close it was getting to the planet, before realising I must have F9'd on another ship and deleted it. I now have a stop and think rule before hitting F5 or F9. But having multiple F5s saved will be a huge help

It's Alt-F5 and Alt-F9, rather than Ctrl. It is immensely useful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.