The Insane Contraption Challenge

The Insane Contraption Challenge

The Story

Jeb is a "nice" pilot and always gets creative when it comes to emergency situations. He always thinks of a way to get out of a dangerous situation (or to enter a dangerous situation); but the problem is that he is terrbile at designing the craft by himself! The crafts designed by the other Kerbanauts and by Wehrner von Kerman himself he repulses as being "Boring", "having too many struts and parachutes and not enough boosters" or simply "being unusable for any stunts". So he started a competition for people to design any crafts for him.

Rules

In this challenge, you have to create an insane contraption which would make Jeb enjoy his life again. It might be a torture machine that causes 50 gees, a never-thought of stunt or anything else that is not the everyday rocket where your unlucky kerbanauts have to sit in and await their death.

The Rules

Any mods might be used as long as they are sensible and do not involve cheating. HyperEdit can and is encouraged to be used if a contraption that only works on a certain planet has to be transported there.

Jeb and ONLY JEB MUST pilot the craft. No making Bob and Bill throw up or faint of the G-forces.

Screenshots must be provided for evidence.

Points will be awarded for:

Creativity - 0 to 10 and

Usability - 0 to 10 (A catapult that can sling Jeb to Orbit is obviously better than one that slings him to half the runway.)

Additional points might be awarded if i find a contraption particularly interesting.

Bonuses

Pancake Maker - Subject Jeb to 30+ G - Gees divided by two and rounded to the nearest whole number are the extra points.

Evidence of Fear - Make Jeb Scream. +30 points.

Into Space - [currently Kerbin only] the contraption brings Jeb onto an altitude of more than 30 kilometres (only for stationary contraptions. Exceptions are if Jeb is in a small separating craft.). +20 points.

Safety: No Exceptions! - Jeb does not die or gets lost in the usage of the contraption. +20 points.

Home Sweet Home: Jeb returns to Kerbin (+20 points) or even back to KSC (+30 points).

Leaderboard/u]

1st:

2nd:

3rd:

4th:

5th:

6th:

7th:

8th:

9th:

10th:

Well, I'll check sometime and see if I forgot to delete that... menace I made for the longest ship topic, because the way that thing moves definitely qualifies as being "highly stressful" for any potential pilot.

Until then, I'll just submit this. The video in question has 3 kerbals manning it, but there is no reason it can't be piloted by just one. Its biggest selling point is not so much excessive Gs as it is the ability to hold very odd positions at high speeds due to an excessive amount of SAS. You can literally turn any direction you want while cruising along at 20k and hold that direction.

Jeb wants to fly sideways? he can fly sideways! Jeb wants to fly upside-down and backwards at 1000m/s? Jeb can do that! And he can do that without losing control or even structurally endangering the ship! And if he wants to do all those things from a command chair instead of a cockpit? Well, he can do that too, since there just happens to be one strapped to the side for, um, scientific purposes.

Edit: An update. I have managed to invent... well, a number of things. Including a catapult and a pogo stick. I'll post the video when I get around to finishing it.

Edited by Ryu Gemini

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.