Rover delivering planes on Kerbin. what's your method?

pjesapjes

What is your way to deliver rovers on foreign places on Kerbin?

here is mine:

im not very good at landing on precise spot haha

I used the skeleton of Air-16 by Jeb Cubed and took the bombs out and changed the wheels. im also trying to build a drive in cargo bay on this craft.

this craft is awesome and i give Jeb Cubed all the credit for that. Thanks Mate.

What is your way to deliver rovers on foreign places on Kerbin?

here is mine:

im not very good at landing on precise spot haha

I used the skeleton of Air-16 by Jeb Cubed and took the bombs out and changed the wheels. im also trying to build a drive in cargo bay on this craft.

this craft is awesome and i give Jeb Cubed all the credit for that. Thanks Mate.

You might want to try the SCARAB, it's a utility dropship designed specifically for shuttling cargo around Kerbin. You can pick one up by clicking on the link in my sig. :)

Cupcake...

6ctiyCm.jpg

I have two methods:

Rover Launcher

It's not complicated. Rover + Wings + SBO on top, with a missile style launch. It wouldn't tavel very far under rocket power but would glide for miles happily.

Upsidedown Plane Death

I tried to get a rover droppable from a plane that I could fly at 50m/s just above land and drop my rover like a slow sciency bomb, then land. Obviously there isn't enough space under the stock airplane undercarriage so being the ****** McSpacky Pants that I am, Instead of just raising the landing gear / body of the plane using the metal structural parts, I attached the rover to the top of the plane, upside down.

So it takes off like a normal plane. I then fly upside down at <50m/s and <20m alt and drop the rover onto its wheels, then roll the plane back the right way. It works a few times as well!

Pictures will be up when I get home from work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.