UNSC Infinity - More of a Work In Progress And Input Needed

andrew123

One of ONI's black projects. Major changes have occurred to both the ships and frigates since this post to increase ship length to about 2.2 km.

The Infinity is also progressing along. This is just the bottom section for the frigates.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

0_o

Edited by andrew123

Is the ship seriously 2.2 km so far? My Kod that's big. Wonder if you'll be able to see the whole thing from the bridge.. nothing like bumping a station without even realizing it, then later finding out you destroyed the entire front of the ship in the process, just what you needed with such a big ship... Lel. But seriously, can your computer handle that? Or do we need to overclock Squad to update KSP to x64?

Good luck with this monster.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am working on a second one ( around a 1/3 of your size ) the hull is finished but it wants to fold in half when I throttle up. You will defiantly need struts.

Edited by Hawkins65
Misspelling

Don't worry guys. I'm pretty sure this amd fx 6300 vishera with technically 3 cores and weak individual thread performance will handle my ship just fine. I mean, my old laptop cpu was a more powerful i7 and wouldn't handled even my other creations well.

I expect San Diego to have a new crater soon. I just hope my craft file will escape vaporization.

Edited by andrew123

• 1 month later...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82118-KSP-64bits-on-Windows-%28this-time-it-s-not-a-request%29

What was that about the ram limit again? 64 bit windows programs to the rescue.

I realize that this creation will probably crash my computer multiple times. I'll try making it as large as I can, wait for more headroom to be added into the game, then improve the design.

PS: I was a ksp player long before the steam release. I also don't intend to stir negative feelings.

Plus, "buff"? I believe you should ninja edit that to bluff.

If not, thank you. :) XD

Are you part of the pre 0.16 "master race"? I would rather not have ksp users segment ourselves like the computer and console players.

I have plenty of science missions on my record. If you think KSP should never be used for anything resembling "child play", remember that we each payed for it to do as we please.

Also, I have plenty of experience with gigantic ships. Do you consider whackjob as the avatar of all that is unholy in this new ksp userbase?

woHT10T.jpg

UNSC destroyer. Midway class.

Saber fighter. Shoot down those split jaws.

Edited by andrew123

Sorry about that, I agree its one big ship but there are limits to number parts that may or may no load this has been a issue in the past with older builds of the game. Your doing good work as I see nowbuy those last screens. You know I like VTOLs :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.