[1.0.5] Advanced Jet Engine v2.6.1 - Feb 1

camlost

@Dr. Death, make sure your installation is correct: no corrupted files, MM version etc.

@NoMrBond, check out the pic and document and program in /AJE/AJETester. After configuring all the paramters, all you need to do is to add a AJEModule module to the part.

@Hodo, most of normal designs will fly flawlessly, right-click the engine to show inlet info. If the inlet area < 100% the thrust will scale down.

For some reason when I install this it causes all the B9 engines & separation motors as well as the stock SRBs and separatrons to fire in the VAB. Any way to fix it? I do have Real Fuels installed as well as Hotrockets.

@Hodo, most of normal designs will fly flawlessly, right-click the engine to show inlet info. If the inlet area < 100% the thrust will scale down.

Ok then I have one minor request for the plugin. Can we get a widget that shows the current inlet area percentage while in the SPH? Even if it is a right click on the engine and see if it meets a inlet area % requirement. And thanks for the answer.

@Dr. Death, make sure your installation is correct: no corrupted files, MM version etc.

@NoMrBond, check out the pic and document and program in /AJE/AJETester. After configuring all the paramters, all you need to do is to add a AJEModule module to the part.

if to install means to pick up AJE folder inside 1.3 and put it into gamedata, then yes, i installed it correctly

@Dr. Death, are you sure without AJE everything works? If that's the case your MM is not working somehow.

@velusip, That was for TV_Pizza. I forgot there was a small inlet in the AJE folder

So Camlost, I am seeing a few dozen different jet engines now in the AJE pack, there is no real difference listed in the SPH hanger, but each are quite different. Is there a readme with all of the different cfgs?

And did you rescale the turbine engine that is now listed as the 747 engine? Or did RO do that? Because that thing is HUGE now...

Their title and description describes I guess. And yes, the CF6 is rescaled to about 2.5m in diameter since the beginning, not by RO

Isn't there a smaller engine about the same shape in the real world?

Oh and I had a minor issue with the turbo prop engines. They list 2200HP and yet only generate 7.4kn of thrust when sitting on the runway? Is there something I am missing like prop pitch settings or anything like that?

You know this has nothing to do with separatrons or SRBs. Its probably an issue between HotRockets and other mods like tweakable everything

Tired it without HotRockets & Tweakable Everything and got the same issue. Even went as far as removing every mod except Real Fuels (tried both RF6 and RF5.3) and AJE and the same thing is happening. When B9 is installed, only the two podded turbofans work, the rest of the B9 engines run in the VAB and don't show a staging icon.

Isn't there a smaller engine about the same shape in the real world?

Oh and I had a minor issue with the turbo prop engines. They list 2200HP and yet only generate 7.4kn of thrust when sitting on the runway? Is there something I am missing like prop pitch settings or anything like that?

Which one are you talking about? I don't recall any turboprop having 2200 HP

Tired it without HotRockets & Tweakable Everything and got the same issue. Even went as far as removing every mod except Real Fuels (tried both RF6 and RF5.3) and AJE and the same thing is happening. When B9 is installed, only the two podded turbofans work, the rest of the B9 engines run in the VAB and don't show a staging icon.

Did you update the MM?

Which one are you talking about? I don't recall any turboprop having 2200 HP

I am not sure off the top of my head but it is the modern looking one from the KAX plugin, it has curved prop blades. The engines start and go into what looks like an idle speed but don't generate more than 7.4kn of thrust each. If that is the case then half the planes that fly over my house wouldn't fly.

Did you update the MM?

Running MM version 2.1.5. I might have a completely broken install though because once I uninstall AJE, the issue still exists with solid rocket motors (jets function fine), not sure if this is due to the stock engine config for real fuels or if it's related to AJE as the problems didn't begin until I installed it (AJE). I'm gonna poke about in the stockalike config thread and find out.

Could you make configs for Spaceplane+ and other plane packs (SXT, D12)? Stock ones are ugly and B9 is huge.

Could you make configs for Spaceplane+ and other plane packs (SXT, D12)? Stock ones are ugly and B9 is huge.

You can add cfgs for those.. they arent that hard. Just figure how big the intake size is and guestimate.

You don't have any inlets. You can choose the ones from stock and B9 as I only made config for those

He has 4 variable geometry inlets in the middle of the plane, unless that's a custom part from a mod.

You don't have any inlets. You can choose the ones from stock and B9 as I only made config for those

o so the one from spaceplane plus wont work ok thanks i change them to stock one

@Hodo am not sure how to add cfgs of my own.

Edited by romie

o so the one from spaceplane plus wont work ok thanks i change them to stock one

@Hodo am not sure how to add cfgs of my own.

It's pretty simple, you can just open the cfg file that shows the intake system in AJE, and add the intakes you are missing to it. Like in this case the spaceplane+ wing intake, just use the structural intake that AJE has in there for a refrence size seeing as they are about the same shape and size.

Camlost, I have two engine requests/questions for you or Nathan.

Is it possible to create an engine cfg for the YAK-141 VTOL engines using the TTVTOL engine models Taurus and the other one which I cant remember?

They are wonderful looking engines and I imagine would be great at representing some other jet engine turbines that were and are used.