[1.0.5] Advanced Jet Engine v2.6.1 - Feb 1

camlost

Could we get the F100 from here added? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66220-Bond-Aerotech-Shimmy-s-Throne-1-3-1-F100-jet-engine-Updated-15-AUG-14

Also, there's a similar engine in here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82341-24-2-B-Dynamics-Retracting-vectoring-engines-etc-v1-1-1-%28Aug-11%29

It has TWC, though, so perhaps it'd be better to use it as AL-31FU. BD also has another, very small vectoring that has no RL counterpart. Might be worth adding as well.

Is there any way you could get this to work in NEAR?

The mod looks really useful, but it still wouldn't allow me to make an SSTO plane without upgrading basic jets to turbojets right?

The jet engines should be independent of FAR, but propellers need FAR API. You will find the game much more difficult, try build a plane that reaches Mach 3.5 at 20km altitude first (not a trivial task)

The jet engines should be independent of FAR, but propellers need FAR API. You will find the game much more difficult, try build a plane that reaches Mach 3.5 at 20km altitude first (not a trivial task)

To true.

I managed to do it in my RO install a while ago the craft still works, but it is a long way from being a SSTO space plane. I think it topped out at just over mach 4.

On the Rework branch, I now have working integration of JSBSim prop code. Right now there are only a few propeller engines that work (the Packard V-1650-9 in particular is the best to try things with) but it's so awesome to finally have a Mustang that performs correctly.

Edited by NathanKell

it shouldn't matter the air intakes because this happens also with the closed circuit mode. It just happens with the RAPIER and i remember the previous posts about this mod about people complaining about the same thing, before 0.24 version, but it didn't happened to me previously.

camlost is welcome to include the F100 with AJE, the 'afterburner' effect onset and pinch/open throttle animation was already set at 66.7% during development (as per NathanKell's request/suggestion)

Perhaps this would allow the stock basic jet model (currently filling the F100 role) to be repurposed for another engine like the TF33-P-3?

If there are any changes which are needed for the F100 to accommodate this, please let me know

Thanks so much!

I do intend to support it, I've just been busy with props right now.

Status update: I have some propellers working pretty much perfectly now! :D

P-51H:

kNS3k6Ml.jpg

I have the V-1650-9 with P-51H prop, the R-2800-18W with F4U-4 prop, the Mercury IX with Gladiator prop, the Merlin 46 with Spit V (I think) prop, the BMW IIIa with an approximation of the D.VII prop (modified from the Dr.I prop), the Liberty L-12 with my guess at an appropriate prop; the R-2600-7 with an appropriate prop (engine has issues in FAR though...), Griffon 101 with a tweaked 5-blade version of the P-51H prop.

See this branch:

https://github.com/NathanKell/AJE/tree/JSBProp

Edited by NathanKell

Thanks so much!

I do intend to support it, I've just been busy with props right now.

Status update: I have some propellers working pretty much perfectly now! :D

P-51H:

http://i.imgur.com/kNS3k6Ml.jpg

I have the V-1650-9 with P-51H prop, the R-2800-18W with F4U-4 prop, the Mercury IX with Gladiator prop, the Merlin 46 with Spit V (I think) prop, the BMW IIIa with an approximation of the D.VII prop (modified from the Dr.I prop), the Liberty L-12 with my guess at an appropriate prop; the R-2600-7 with an appropriate prop (engine has issues in FAR though...), Griffon 101 with a tweaked 5-blade version of the P-51H prop.

See this branch:

https://github.com/NathanKell/AJE/tree/JSBProp

Did you copy the data from a FlighGear model? Seems a lot of work to make one.

Anyway I thought about a simpler model and I may start working on it next week. Name it BJE :)

Hah! We were just discussing that in the FAR thread (under the name "Simple Jet Engines" but BJE is great, it even comes after A...).

I actually used JavaProp to generated my own curves for some of the engines, since the JSBSim prop models used for FlightGear are (a) not common and (B) poorly tuned since JSBSim greatly overestimates piston engine performance at altitude (notice how I had to turn the power coefficient *way* down for that prop, since it expects ~2500HP instead of the real 1800HP).

The YASim prop model is *very* poor, at least for warbirds; I found it basically impossible to get correct performance out of it.

Please do the following:

Get your plane on the runway, start the engines, and right-click on the RAPIER so it shows the menu (and the 0 thrust). Then take a screenshot and post it.

34nlc9z.jpg

Not exactly 0 thrust, but still, the plane just wont move nor consume liquid fuel (if air breathing, if its on a closed cycle it will consume normal liquid fuel and oxy)

1. add more inlet so the inlet area reaches 100%.

2. You still should be able to fly with 75kN. If you cannot move that's probably due to the landing gear, are you using B9 wheels without Firespitter.dll?

1. add more inlet so the inlet area reaches 100%.

2. You still should be able to fly with 75kN. If you cannot move that's probably due to the landing gear, are you using B9 wheels without Firespitter.dll?

I never made it to work B9 at all, so i am not using it. Please explain how can i make the inlet reaches 100%.

Put more inlets, and install FS anyway

For some reason FS literally removes almost all the parts of the game, so i avoid it

Inlets should not do nothing, even using oxydizer the RAPIERs give thrust but they dont move.

Edited by Dr. Death

So my problem with RAPIERs is because i dont have FS, FS gives me a problem, and a mod is conflicting with FS. You are a mod and a mod-makers, do you know any conflict with firespitter that can make parts actually dissapear from the game?

No. That's a sign you don't have things installed correctly and/or don't have the right version. Make sure you download the most recent version of every mod, and make sure you install mods exactly as their READMEs / posts instruct you to.