Race into space remake.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I am planning to a remake of BARIS (Buzz Aldrens Race Into Space) with an infinite timeline, with the goal to be the first to land man apon a KBO (Kuiper Belt Object). Apart from the longer timeline of the game, this remake will not actually have set rocket, instead it will have randomly generated rocket designed by other companys that could be brought. The reliablity of the rocket is set on the reliablitlity of each component, which is researched in a BARIS type way. There will be 4 different space programs that could be run : RKA, NASA, ESA, and JAXA.

First what do you think of the idea?

Second, if there is any good people at doing sprites of buildings please post on this thread or PM me as I can\'t for the life of me do any drawing on a pc.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

SpaceX

Add it

Now.

I was originally thinking along the lines of there being national space programs and comercal space programs. I might add it during development, but no promises. And a please would go a long way at some point.

This is excellent if done. I would, however, suggest that there be no goals: Instead, simply have the game autogen goals and leave all of Sol up to the players\' whims.

Thanks for the advice, that sounds better than having a set goal.

Not that you should take my idea\'s seriously but if you play as a 'country'...NASA ESA ect you get a budget based on performance and new goals acheieved which determins the next quarter budget. and your allowed ro go into the red.

As a spaceX, armadilo, Virgin galactic... you acheive your budget via missions acheieved in the previous quarted. but are never allowed to go in the red

Guest GroundHOG-2010

It would be in english since english is the only language I know (cept C#). If anyone wanted to make a translation once its finished, then I would easily find time to put it in the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.