KF 133 Ansible Hypersonic Jet Craft

The KF 133 Ansible is a long range atmospheric fighter. Capabilities: Speed- Mach 7+, Alt- 6+ kilometers, Lift Capacity- 4.5+ Tons, Loop Radius- 1,700 meters, Can fly and maneuver at x4 physical acceleration, Can circumnavigate Kerban multiple times (I got bored after 5 orbits but still had fuel for more), take off speed is no more than 80 mps. I'm pretty proud of how clean I managed to get the lines on this one.

Craft File: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kf-133-ansible/

Some Pics for ya!

screenshot153_zpsc07e1236.png

screenshot156_zps676342f7.png

screenshot155_zps5633c6b5.png

I agree using a longer line of intakes looks much better than 2-3 of them. I also like to turn the last one backwards just for looks.

Until we get better stock intakes ill be using this same method on all my planes and sstos.

The reference is from the Ender's Game series. :)

XD I figured as much. It's referenced in several series but that's the one that sticks out. Shame they literally only mention it once and never explain it in the movie.

I won't call one better than the other but they are very different and I liked each for different reasons.

@Captain Sierra, Working on a ssto version. Tried making it a rapier platform, don't like the rapiers but thought I'd give it a go. Nope, didn't work. The only thing that build accomplished was to cement my distaste for the things. Right now trying to work out what the best rocket set up for it will be.

@guz667, That's one of the series that has an ansible, there are lots, though. I didn't pick any one for the reference, it just popped into my head as a good name for the ship.

Ah, thank you for the correction. :) I should have known, Ender's Game and that series are all that I know personally. ^^; Either way, great ship! Seems like a great candidate for an SSTO. I'm back and forth on the R.A.P.I.E.R.S. myself...love-hate I guess.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.