"moar boosters"

SpacedCowboy

Ok, I've been around this forum for a while but, what is the origination of that phrase? I always think I'll stumble over the explanation eventually somewhere but it hasn't happened. And what's up with the obvious misspelling? Is the MOAR an acronym for something?

Think of it like this: people who think more (moar) boosters are the answer probably have difficulty with spelling.

... and not because English isn't their first language.

Think of it like this: people who use it in these forums (usually) know that.

... so it's irony - they could spell it properly but use the incorrect form to indicate that it's incorrect advice.

But fun.

It could be as simple as the innate connotation the spelling difference has. Academically, "more" and "moar" sound the same, but with emphasis on the A, it makes the sound slightly primal. "More boosters" is a request; "Moar boosters!" is a battlecry. :)

Well! Anyone who reads that article will to too embarrassed to ever use 'moar' again! Hopefully.

You forget, this is the internet. If you go read some youtube comments your optimism will quickly be shattered into moar pieces than you can count :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.