Apollo 13 Replica - v0.1

foamyesque

To address your concerns: At present there IS no docked configuration; I\'m working on making one, but I\'ve been sidetracked by the ME3 demo. And a very irritating timewarp bug that prevents CM jettison that I\'ve yet to isolate.

Are the sound files in the main KSP sound directory?

Yes the sounds are in the directory. For the shaking problem i think it\'s KSP. You know, go to orbit and drop a tank, it will go left. Time- warp X2 it will go right.

And the suborbital... That\'s surely because i\'m not a ace pilot, so the shaking makes piloting harder.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes the sounds are in the directory. For the shaking problem i think it\'s KSP. You know, go to orbit and drop a tank, it will go left. Time- warp X2 it will go right.

And the suborbital... That\'s surely because i\'m not a ace pilot, so the shaking makes piloting harder.

I don\'t know why they aren\'t working for you, then. Can you quote the .cfgs for the F1 and J2 engines, both gimballed and non-gimballed versions? I am in particular interested in the sound lines, if any.

As for suborbital: You are remembering to detach from the launch clamps, right? Outside of that, the rocket flies a bit differently than you might be used to; the S-II stage has much lower TWRs than the usual Kerbal orbit-insertion stages, so you need to allow time for it to reach orbital velocity (and/or build some up with the S-I stage, which has a much better TWR).

Any progress update on the docked configuration and the other stuff?

me3mpwherehasmytimegone.png

Not really. Still on the board though.

I don\'t know why they aren\'t working for you, then. Can you quote the .cfgs for the F1 and J2 engines, both gimballed and non-gimballed versions? I am in particular interested in the sound lines, if any.

As for suborbital: You are remembering to detach from the launch clamps, right? Outside of that, the rocket flies a bit differently than you might be used to; the S-II stage has much lower TWRs than the usual Kerbal orbit-insertion stages, so you need to allow time for it to reach orbital velocity (and/or build some up with the S-I stage, which has a much better TWR).

Of course i jettison the launch clamps....

PLEASE update this project. I love it to death and no one here has quite matched your attention to detail when it comes to the Apollo program. Thank you so much for your work and I look forward to further updates!

I have the same problem with the rocket not launching. i would love to be able to use this awesome mod you have built. some guidance on what my problem could be would be greatly appreciated. All over great job on the attention to detail on the aesthetics.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...