[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

After disabling ATM you have to delete the texture cache already created in the Gamedata\ActiveTextureManager\textureCache\ProceduralParts(or whatever name you use) for the game to load the actual textures. If you can't find the exact Procedural Parts folder within textureCache, just delete the whole \textureCache folder and the mod will recreate it.

The issue is not with ATM... I installed PP into my dev install, which has never had ATM and got the same issues. It's apparently something with Load on Demand, but it's odd that it only happens when the propulsion tab is selected.

For anyone wanting to cheat the tech limits wanting some more generous wriggle-room in the low levels of career mode, there's now a section on the OP describing how to do it.

Note that the limits to tweaking do get less as you progress up the tech tree, you're not stuck with small tanks forever.

Enjoy :)

Very odd. Hopefully redownloading will fix it. Otherwise this'll require some looking into. It sounds like the game is only loading certain sections of each part, which makes no sense.

quick update on my previous issue - i've been playing around with things for a couple of days now and have NOT experienced this problem again - not sure what it was, didnt make any massive mod changes since now and then, i'm guessing some just really random fluke

For anyone wanting to cheat the tech limits wanting some more generous wriggle-room in the low levels of career mode, there's now a section on the OP describing how to do it.

Note that the limits to tweaking do get less as you progress up the tech tree, you're not stuck with small tanks forever.

Enjoy k_smiley.gif

I do that already, I just pointed out the thing about length cause I thought it would make more sense this way(only for the fuel tanks which are stackable, not SRBs), but your mod(and what a great mod, thanks for your work and effort k_cheesy.gif), your call.

Edited by petros_a_l

After disabling ATM you have to delete the texture cache already created in the Gamedata\ActiveTextureManager\textureCache\ProceduralParts(or whatever name you use) for the game to load the actual textures. If you can't find the exact Procedural Parts folder within textureCache, just delete the whole \textureCache folder and the mod will recreate it.

Um, no. If ATM's dll is deleted, then those files won't be loaded.

Um, no. If ATM's dll is deleted, then those files won't be loaded.

I thought that he disabled ATM only for PP by removing the specific config. Sorry if I misunderstood. Indeed if by disabling ATM he meant deleting ActiveTextureManagement.dll then you are correct.

I'm getting blurry textures to anything that is a tank, I originally thought it was a result of my MM config to remove the tech levels, but that turned out not to be the case. I've also tried disabling ATM for the mod, but that didn't fix anything either. Searching for blurry, fuzzy, or conflict didn't produce any results in this thread, so I'm lost as to what might be causing this. The problem doesn't apply to any of the structural parts, the heat shield, or the life support container. Also, when I had a look at the SRB, it's firing while in the VAB, with the nozzle somewhere in the middle, and a jet coming out of both the side and the bottom.

Procedural batteries are easy. Just copy the rcs tank and replace Monoprop with electric charge, though you may want to play around with the density figures. Procedural KAS containers are harder, as they're a module rather than a resource. Will look into it though.

Procedural kerbal is still in the works.... :D

It is the batteries I am looking for. I did what you said and changed monoprop to EC. I also tried messing around with the density, but when I load the game and part there is no option to change any of the tank parameters and it won't display weight at all. There doesn't seem to be there is any EC either. Would somebody please post an example of what it should look like?

I thought that he disabled ATM only for PP by removing the specific config. Sorry if I misunderstood. Indeed if by disabling ATM he meant deleting ActiveTextureManagement.dll then you are correct.

Blargh, quite right.

New release!

On that note - if you want to use tweakable everything you'll need to wait for an update.

So, this means an update from you or from tweakable everything?

In the moment the fuel in the tank don't scale with size.

New release!

Real Fuels Update

This release is focused on getting SRBs to work nicely with RF.

Now rather than 7 different RF parts (2 SRBs and 5 tanks) there's just one SRB and one tank. You can switch between the various types in the right-click tweaker API.

There's also a few bug fixes - now that my KSPAPIExtensions are getting broader use, a few issues are shaking out.

On that note - if you want to use tweakable everything you'll need to wait for an update.

I will be having a look at the issues with PFarings this afternoon (GMT+8), I think we may find that the problems are now resolved but I had forgotten to specifically test it. Just tested PFarings, appears to work fine.

For real fuels users, install the latest 5.3 release and then install the update over it, overwriting any files as required. MFT users can copy the RealFuels.dll and the KSPAPIExtensions From the second download into their MFT dir overwriting the existing DLL.

Your download includes a MM 2.4.4 DLL but 2.1.4 is the latest released version? Was this a mistake?

Your download includes a MM 2.4.4 DLL but 2.1.4 is the latest released version? Was this a mistake?

Nope. Swamp_ig is actually a time traveller, he sometimes forgets how primitive our technology is.

Great new update, now i am restricted on 10,000 litres tanks only, not even my method of visiting at science building won't let me extend them beyond 10,000 litres of volume. Are you trying to get people to stop playing or what? Build a moon going craft with 10,000 litre tanks...if you ever play the game that is.

Great new update, now i am restricted on 10,000 litres tanks only, not even my method of visiting at science building won't let me extend them beyond 10,000 litres of volume. Are you trying to get people to stop playing or what? Build a moon going craft with 10,000 litre tanks...if you ever play the game that is.

Check the OP for instructions on how to fix this...

Ok, so now I've finally figured out what happened to the RCS and Xenon tanks (deleted because they aren't needed with Real Fuels installed), but I'm still stuck on the SRB issue:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

As you can see, the issue is also creating shockwave effects while sitting on the pad. I remember finding someone else who had a similar issue a couple of months ago and it was related to not having the ExsurgentEngineering DLL, however, I do have this. I have tried reinstalling it, removing it, and adding KM_Gimbal as well, but nothing has corrected this. Also, for the record, I know it's a mod incompatibility issue, as this effect doesn't happen on my dev install which doesn't have all of the extra mods installed. Can anyone think of what could be causing this so I can try to narrow down the issue...

Possible issue, or i've done something wrong. For some reason, when I tweak a tank, the volume never changes. The tank does change but the internal volume never changes. I use a lot of mods, so I'm having a little trouble figuring out what might be interfering.

Edit: After some investigation, it's MFT that is giving it grief. I'm using MFT 4.3. I'll check to see if that updated and i missed it.

Edit2: After carefully reading the instructions (ahem!), I found the MFT instructions. Now it works fine :)

Edited by rosenkranz

Ok, so now I've finally figured out what happened to the RCS and Xenon tanks (deleted because they aren't needed with Real Fuels installed), but I'm still stuck on the SRB issue:

Usually this is due to an exception being thrown somewhere in initialization (the engines module never gets chance to turn off the effects).

If you look at your KSP.log then you get a much better idea of where the issue is.

Yeh... sorry. It is actually 2.1.4, don't worry about the name.

It will still work, and still get overrided when a new version comes out.

Sorry, my instructions probably weren't the clearest. I'll get to it in a few hours.

Thank you! I actually discovered that Tweakables was messing things up (just installed it last night and hadn't tried any PP tanks {Ew, that sounds gross}). I did kind of get it to work; I was able to scale the EC amount approximately to size, but weight I am still trying to get. I still would love to see what you have though since I'm sure you are way better at this then me.

- - - Updated - - -

Small complaint, Why does this come packaged with MM2.4.4? the latest released is 2.1.5 and it caused all science to stop working for me.

Look 3 posts above your question.

Usually this is due to an exception being thrown somewhere in initialization (the engines module never gets chance to turn off the effects).

If you look at your KSP.log then you get a much better idea of where the issue is.

Any suggestions for keywords to search for in the log when I get home from work?