[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

How come RFTank0Switchable isn't in 0.9.10? It works pretty well with the RealFuels DLL you posted along with it.

I suspect it's because NathanKell has accepted swamp_ig's merge into Real Fuels, and when RF gets updated to include that, PP will update to 1.0 with RFTank0Switchable.

Is this a result of updating to 0.9.10? If so, download it again and see if the issue returns.

i cant say for sure, i just noticed it now, but thats not to say it's causality - redownloaded and will play around

oh and just as a note to the original problem as well, after a reboot the load vessel dialogue box wouldnt open on click in the VAB until i deleted the saved craft file that was giving problems in the first place

oh and just as a note to the original problem as well, after a reboot the load vessel dialogue box wouldnt open on click in the VAB until i deleted the saved craft file that was giving problems in the first place

Very odd. Hopefully redownloading will fix it. Otherwise this'll require some looking into. It sounds like the game is only loading certain sections of each part, which makes no sense.

Just downloaded the pack and installed it (put the folder in GameData and the .dll file in plugins). I don't see any new parts. What am I supposed to see? How to use this pack? Is there a tutorial for it?

I wonder how you guys figured out how to use it. There's no tutorial or documentation and haven't seen anything like an editor of some sort, nor new parts. I love KSP but the lack of documentation ruins it for me. Am I supposed to read through the 63 pages of this topic to know how to install and use it???

Just downloaded the pack and installed it (put the folder in GameData and the .dll file in plugins). I don't see any new parts. What am I supposed to see? How to use this pack? Is there a tutorial for it?

You should just copy the procedural parts folder into gamedata and leave it there. As is explained in the first post, if you right-click on the tank, a list of options for customising it will appear. From then on its very self explanatory.

alkopop79: I'm not sure how you can claim there's no documentation, since both the opening post and the all caps README file included in the archive have documentation.

Further, both places include installation instructions as well as "how to use" instructions.

Where did you download it from?

On and off since I first started using this mod a month or so ago parts seem to have attach nodes just randomly change whenever they're saved/reloaded. It's happened with every version I've used, but it doesn't occur all the time and I can't seem to purposely reporduce it, it just happens, but sometimes doesn't. This can manifest as parts attaching in all sorts of different ways, halfway through, on the side, not appearing attached at all (the node is actually further than the physical model). In particular SRBs seem to do this more often than not making pretty much any subassembly including them useless. With the SRBs, the nozzle is always horizontal and somewhere in the air above and to the side of the SRB's location. Again, I can't seem to come up with conditions to reproduce this every time, it's just sometimes after launching and returning to VAB, loading a saved ship, etc. Obviously it seems like attach nodes are not always saving their location correctly, what could cause that or how to fix it I haven't the slightest, but I know at least one other person earlier in the thread has encountered something that sounded like the same problem and they couldn't nail down how to reproduce it every time either.

On and off since I first started using this mod a month or so ago parts seem to have attach nodes just randomly change whenever they're saved/reloaded.

If you just reload the same saved ship, it usually sorts itself out.

I think this is because unity runs updates in random order. In flight the OnUpdate method is called in sequence, but this won't work for the VAB.

I'll see if I can figure out a work-around.

[...]

That would be nice! I seem to suffer from this problem most when stacking two large PP parts together, like a cone fuel tank as stage size adapter + full size (5x20m) fuel tank on the bottom of the cone. In that case the big tank likes to loose all connection points.

If you just reload the same saved ship, it usually sorts itself out.

I think this is because unity runs updates in random order. In flight the OnUpdate method is called in sequence, but this won't work for the VAB.

I think I'm having the same issue. If I load a craft with PTanks, the craft sometimes have gaps between parts. Also, on each reload, the craft is higher and higher off of the floor of the VAB. I know this wasn't an issue with StretchySRBs.

EDIT: Here are a couple shots of the problem.

EDIT #2: This seems related to the PFairings, once I remove them the nodes are no longer off upon reload. It still seems to shift the craft upward several meters on each save and reload though.

This is what it looks like when I load.

56B32729AC81C3A073A0B0A18916C3224B0AC3ED

And this is how it SHOULD look. The gold foil pieces are just Procedural structural pieces. Originally, they were built with StretchySRB parts, and even before I swapped them out with the new PParts, this would happen when loading up the craft. Note that it doesn't matter how many times I reload the craft, it never fixes itself and it always seems to happen.

E89496483D8F39D74A929DE3881251686F77C3D5

Edited by Castun

So, i suddenly lose the ability to switch textures on my tanks as well shapes, any idea what could cause this? Only thin i did was update to 9.10 from 9.8 what worked...somehow, but atleast it worked. Playing on RSS. Also, once i started to stretch them tanks, the nodes got 'stuck' inside of the tanks and attaching them to almost anything becomes a pain in the...you know.

And now that i started to wonder, would it been the tweakscale mod? It doesn't open any gui on any module probably because they are already scaled up and are not stock sizes?

I'm using the Tweakscale plugin and don't have that problem. Did you add the tweakscale module to all parts or anything like that?

I just installed the tweakscale on the gamedata like any other mods, didn't change anything, mainly as i don't have any skill for that.

I removed the tweakscale plugin and down graded to 9.8 on PP, but still no texture or shape switch option. And some things still have nodes inside of the modules.

As i don't wish to restart my RSS career, i think my endeavors on RSS is pretty much done, can't figure out what is causing that. Maybe the modulamanagers new version? It keeps updating faster than most mods... :(

I just installed the tweakscale on the gamedata like any other mods, didn't change anything, mainly as i don't have any skill for that.

Latest MM will backup your save whenever you add or remove a mod that fiddles with part internals. Have a look in saves_backup, they're backed up by date and time. You should be able to find one in there that isn't broken.

Also bug reports of "It's not working" are pretty much impossible to problem fix. Could you kindly look in your KSP.log and see if there's anything obvious.

Just reporting that the new version doesn't work properly. Changing shape is gone, and nodes are inside objects. Impossible to work with. Orbiting vessels are ok, they didn't break.

I love this mod, it made KSP "new" again.

Scratch that, now it works. :)

Edited by lajoswinkler

And i can report that similar behavior on my case isn't there anymore. Got normal GUI even on 9.10 modules. Apparently, it was the KSPAPIExtensions.dll that was required to tweakscale to work that caused to my PP to broke apart. So far, so good. Sorry about the wrong alert, the mod is very good.

I did update the mod a couple of times in the first 24h post release.

There was an issue with the addons DLL not working across versions, now resolved.

Not too far away (next few days) from another release aimed at getting tweakable SRBs working better with RF so stay tuned :P

I hate to be complaining all the time, since this mod is really indispensable to me...

PP 0.9.10 is still incompatible with Procedural Fairings 3.01. The stack nodes appear to work when I'm building the rocket, but parts are embedded into each other when the vehicle is launched, or when loading a saved vehicle in the VAB. I made certain to test with freshly downloaded versions of both mods immediately before posting this.

Here's an extremely simple craft file to illustrate: link

Just a probe core, a fairing base, and a fuel tank. Load it into the VAB, and the fairing base is hidden inside the fuel tank.

Here's hoping the solution is easy. Know that the problem only occurs because people love your work.

Just reporting that the new version doesn't work properly. Changing shape is gone, and nodes are inside objects. Impossible to work with. Orbiting vessels are ok, they didn't break.

I love this mod, it made KSP "new" again.

Scratch that, now it works. :)

How did you get it to work, mine isn't working either ?

I hate to be complaining all the time, since this mod is really indispensable to me...

It's not complaining when you post such useful bug reports. Plus if you didn't someone else would.

PP 0.9.10 is still incompatible with Procedural Fairings 3.01. The stack nodes appear to work when I'm building the rocket, but parts are embedded into each other when the vehicle is launched, or when loading a saved vehicle in the VAB. I made certain to test with freshly downloaded versions of both mods immediately before posting this.

Does this only occur with PF parts? Because a lot of people seem to be having general attachment node problems, which I suspect is a PP problem, not a multiple KSPAPIExtentions problem. Either way, swamp_ig is working on fixing both at the moment, as well as better RF integration for SRBs.

In the interim, try playing around with deleting/reinstalling KSPAPIExtensions from either mod and let us know if that helps. Also if you could look through your log files and see if there are any blatant errors in there, that would be great.

How did you get it to work, mine isn't working either ?

I assume he either did a clean install of the game/mod or just rebooted KSP.

I've only noticed stack node errors when Procedural Parts and Procedural Fairings are both on the same vessel. If I roll PF back to version 2.4.4 the problem disappears and everything appears normal.

Deleting the plugin from PF had no immediately noticeable effect, for better or worse. Deleting the plugin from PP made the entire mod not work anymore.