[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

Any way around it? I'd love to be able to use tweakscaled cargo bays to build sophisticated service modules, and unlike procedural fairings, I can radially attach RCS thrusters to the (non-door) sides of a cargo bay.

Sadly, I observed this behaviour too. I installed a few new promising mods and it took me a while to find out which mod caused that. Finally, I abandoned TweakScale rather than Procedural Parts after it broke half of my vessels. But as you say: I'd love to use both.

I suppose that more mods could expose similar behaviour. For instance Infernal Robotics use some scaling too. It would be great if KSP developers provide common support for part scaling, so that mods would not clash in this way.

Hiyas,

As you might have noticed, I'm having a bit of a break from modding for a while. Got a fellowship exam to pass (yes that is as full-on as it sounds). Will be back in a few months.,

Drat. I found an issue with the tanks' connection strength (a deadly combination with the docking ports having too high of a magnetic force) and came here to ask how difficult a fix would be to get stronger node connections on procedural parts.

Is there another coder taking over for the time being? If not, I suppose I could finally buckle down and see if I could contribute a fix myself. I know C#, but don't currently know anything about Unity or KSP modding from a code perspective.

I have tried everything in order to fix the tech limits in my career mode, and no matter what I do, it never works. I have created a .cfg file in my game data with the code for invalidating all the tech limits, and still nothing. Then I tried just changing all the tech limits to 'start', and still nothing.

I'm so lost on what to do at this point. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

I have tried everything in order to fix the tech limits in my career mode, and no matter what I do, it never works. I have created a .cfg file in my game data with the code for invalidating all the tech limits, and still nothing. Then I tried just changing all the tech limits to 'start', and still nothing.

I'm so lost on what to do at this point. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Try making a MM config file with this code:

@PART[procedural*]
{
@MODULE[ProceduralPart]
{
@TECHLIMIT,*
{
@diameterMin = 0.01
@diameterMax = Infinity
@lengthMin = 0.01
@lengthMax = Infinity
@volumeMin = 0.01
@volumeMax = Infinity
}
}
}

It's a modification of the code found in the OP which simply removes the requirements rather than loosening them.

Is there a way to get the procedural liquid tanks working with 64bit KSP? The TAC lifesupport resources tank works perfectly, the LiquidFuel/Ox tanks don't. I can change the shape and size of it all I want, the amount of fuel in the tank never changes. It always stays at the standard amount.

Hi!

Someone sent me a .craft that contains the parts "proceduralTankLiquid" and "proceduralStructural". I was told to install this mod, as it seems to be the one where those parts belong.

Long story short: They won't load. Mod Manager also tells me they are missing.

I couldn't find them in the part folder of this mod

I can use procedural liquid tanks (so, the mod is installed correctly)

Is version problem?, Maybe they belong to another similar mod?

Thanks a lot in advance, I didn't read through the 50+ pages, and the crappy search option of the forum only linked me to this thread (related with this)

cheers :)

Long story short: They won't load. Mod Manager also tells me they are missing.

Try a fresh install, without using mod manager, as it could be installation related. Otherwise it might be related to them using or you using real fuels, as different tanks are and aren't accessible depending on if RF is installed.

Also great robot work. Hopefully procedural parts will allow you to make even more awesome looking robots.

Try a fresh install, without using mod manager, as it could be installation related. Otherwise it might be related to them using or you using real fuels, as different tanks are and aren't accessible depending on if RF is installed.

Also great robot work. Hopefully procedural parts will allow you to make even more awesome looking robots.

Thanks OtherBarry!, I'll try on a fresh install, I too think it could be the problem... sadly I won't be able to do a video with it if I can't use my own save, and that's the idea behind!

Thanks for your compliment!, I always used pwings and love them so much (hell, I did use a thousand of them to make a cup for the kerbin cup tournament)... other procedural parts are amazing, and will help for sure :)

Can you make procedural engines? That'd be really useful for non-standard fuselage sizes.

Try TweakScale. Procedural engines are very complex to make, as well as very hard to balance. Or you could do what I do and use some part clipping and an upside-down conical tank to hide the top part of the engine so that only the nozzle sticks out. Works well for covering up gaps as well as keeping a consistent texture.

Can you make procedural engines? That'd be really useful for non-standard fuselage sizes.

I recommend the procedural thrustplates. You can put multiple smaller engines on a 2-meter tank for a example, fairly simple :). The small AIES engines are especially awesome in that regard.

I recommend the procedural thrustplates. You can put multiple smaller engines on a 2-meter tank for a example, fairly simple :). The small AIES engines are especially awesome in that regard.

Forgot about these. They're fantastic, especially when combined with procedural interstage fairings. On the AIES note, if you don't want the added weight of the thrust plate (they're really heavy), the smaller AIES engines will all radially attach to the bottom of tanks, which is great for smaller probes and landers.

Do these procedural parts support emissive textures? Is it possible to add them myself through .cfg file? Thanks.

Nope and Nope. If your good at texturing/coding, feel free to have a try at implementing it yourself. Swamp_Ig is on leave for a while, so I'm just keeping the mod running until he gets back. Hopefully then we'll get some new features, and proper cost scaling for when 0.24 comes out.

Here are some additional textures to this great mod.

They look great! Thanks! If your not already using them, have a look through the recent github commits, where'll you'll find a few new texture related features, such as proper bump maps and shininess. I'll see if I can get Swamp_Ig to update the OP with a link to your textures.

I'm experiencing a weird behaviour: a procedural tank is exploding 'due to exceeding G-force' when under 1000x warp. Does anyone else have seen that happening?

Nevertheless, it's a great, great mod. Many thanks to swamp_ig for making and sharing it. xD

Looks like .24 definitely broke this one. Which is a shame, as it is one of my absolute favorite mods as far as parts content goes. I hardly make a ship without at least one procedural something on it.

Looks like .24 definitely broke this one. Which is a shame, as it is one of my absolute favorite mods as far as parts content goes. I hardly make a ship without at least one procedural something on it.

I reported the problem earlier while running the comparable 64bit version of 23.5 but swamp_ig is currently unavailable to fix the problem : /

... Swamp_Ig is on leave for a while, so I'm just keeping the mod running until he gets back...

I don't suppose you could produce an "interim build" just to fix the compatibility issue, could you? Just to get us by until Swamp_lg gets back?