Minor Details

I'm starting this thread for suggestions that are probably not significant enough to warrant their own thread. If you have a small change that you feel should be incorporated into the game, post it here! If it is a major change to game mechanics or is controversial, it probably deserves its own thread.

My own modest suggestions:

Key Bindings: Add alternate key bindings for those keys that may not be present on some keyboards, such as laptop keyboards or tenkeyless keyboards. While these can be added by the user in the settings having default alternates is a simple change that makes the program more device agnostic. The controls I see that could benefit from this are:

- Zoom Controls (Numeric keypad + & -)

- Staging Controls (Insert, not present on many keyboards)

- Toggle Navball (Numeric keypad .)

Time Warp Allow an override for current maximum on-rails timewarp. If I have an interplanetary craft in LKO it would be nice to be able to warp to the transfer window at maximum warp without the workaround of switching to another craft. Maybe Ctrl + . with a warning dialog similar to physics warp? Being able to warp in the tracking center would be great, too.

What small details would you like to see changed?

"collective" threads with multiple suggestions are not very good idea. However minor your suggestion is, it still deserves its own thread to allow proper discussion.

Adding configuration options for keys which are not configurable now is a good idea.

Increasing time warp was already suggested so many times it is even mentioned on the What Not To Suggest list. It may not look like that on first glance but there are some serious problems with time warp levels already in game. The thing is, there is still some simulation and checking done on the ship even if it is "on rails". Even with current time warp limit you can fly right through a planet, and some weird things happen with electricity.

To be fair, I'm not asking for greater timewarp levels, just access to the existing ones without altitude restrictions. It doesn't break the game, as you can switch to another craft at a greater altitude and warp to your heart's content.

Ah... sorry, I did not read it well enough. My bad.

I think these restrictions were meant to protect you, e.g. from crashing into the planet at high time warp. Because especially on very eccentric orbits, the rate at which the ship moves along the orbit changes drastically between Ap and Pe.

Or it may also be meant as some relief on the terrain refresh process.

But I agree with you that the game might be a bit smarter about it and perhaps allow higher warp when it's clear I'm not crashing into anything. Rendezvous in low orbit is pain sometimes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.