Multiple Kerbal Space Companies

Hello there, i have a suggestion for career mode. I believe that having multiple kerbal space companies(controllled by AI) in career mode will make the game more lively as it will be cool to see some AI to launch their own rockets into space, and maybe even more fun to sabotage their space station,rocket or finding a way to steal their science points. It can be realistic too as in the real world, there is alot of competition. In fact so much that some corrupt people/companies use underhand methods to get the advantage. I want to do that ingame :cool: .

Of course a police AI should be added too if the AI keeps on sabotaging the player or the player keeps on sabotaging the AI. Maybe alliances could be formed between companies. In short, i am suggesting AI so that we(the players) can do a bit of "espionage" warfare or indirectly attacking other companies. I find that this can be added along with multiplayer(should it be added)

I think you guys know what i mean, sorry for the lack of details of it. I am very tired now. Maybe i will improve this post another time when i can

the AI's would always be smarter than you or less smart than you

for example, you placed a lot of rocks in orbit and they kill lots of AI's but you have a magic rock shield

or you could place a lot of rocks on their spaceships and they would blow up

I dunno about full-fledged competitors, but the Kerbol system does feel a bit empty without any other activity going on besides your own. It would be cool if, say, you could designate a location as something (a colony on a planet, a station for refueling or research) and then there'd be automated flights made to those locations and just some general background busyness. Refueling stations could have regularly scheduled flights, colony's could send out rovers or planes to explore the planet, etc. Nothing that gets in your way, just stuff to give it a more lively feeling, like the inside of the SPH and VAB.

Now that I think about it, that could be extended into contracts (rescue this broken down rover from your Mun Colony, blah blah). Probably would be too hard to implement or be too system intensive though.

Hopefully multiplayer will help though.

It's certainly an interesting concept, I definitely think someone should make a mod for this eventually. Competing space agencies sounds like it could be fun to screw around with, especially if you can possibly communicate with them so you can see what each other's up to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.