Well I can't sleep.

bandit4910

I used to work a graveyard shift, melatonin was the only thing that could get me to sleep through the day. I\'m off the grave now, but every once in a while i\'ll get some mild insomnia and it usually does the trick. Never once have I 'craved' the pill hahah. Beer on the other hand....

I used to work a graveyard shift, melatonin was the only thing that could get me to sleep through the day. I\'m off the grave now, but every once in a while i\'ll get some mild insomnia and it usually does the trick. Never once have I 'craved' the pill hahah. Beer on the other hand....

I\'ve been doing shift work for about 8 years. For four years of that I was doing 4 days 12 hours nights, 4 days off, 4 days days, 4 days off, etc. Now it\'s 2 weeks 8 hour nights, 2 weeks days. I don\'t think I handle it without sleeping pills. I did get a script for melatonin once, but I never actually got them. It was something like $60/20 pills vs $4/60 zopiclone. I think the addiction risk is overblown unless you abuse them. Though it does make everything taste funny for about 24 hours after taking a pill. Bleah.

It was something like $60/20 pills vs $4/60 zopiclone.

Woah, not sure what the dosage you had prescribed, but here it was like $5 usd for a bottle of 120 5mg melatonin pills non prescription.

So I\'ve always got a bottle at hand :)

Woah, not sure what the dosage you had prescribed, but here it was like $5 usd for a bottle of 120 5mg melatonin pills non prescription.

Haha, I\'m looking at my bottle right now, exactly what I have :D

Melatonin is prescription only here and not subsidized. So it\'s far more expensive.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.