EVA tech tree

I really think it would be interesting to have a tech tree for EVA kerbals, in the tech tree certain things could be unlocked for your Kerbal such as more EVA monopropellant, better tools (for science production), new abilities such as building struts, etc.

This is an interesting concept. Be that as it may, it does seem like the kind of idea that may be implemented as the game is developed more. I am of the opinion EVAs will be extended on their own, without need of any tech tree, as the game nears 1.0.

Also, welcome to the forums! (I notice this is your first post)

I love this idea! Although it could be added to the current science tree as a branch from the beginning. I would like to see a parachute, like the mods have,but stock, stronger boosters, an auto correction system that makes it so you don't drift(not sure if it already has this, as I haven't been on too many EVAs in space except to catch a rocket.), and maybe different aesthetic parts. What I would also like to see is a first person camera of the EVA. That would be AWESOME! That should be in the base game though and already unlocked.

Fantastic Idea imo.:cool:

It'd be nice to be able to do different stuff while on EVA.

It'd also be nice to be able to build stuff on EVA.

Someone could make a mod that introduces a material bay, loaded with materials from Kerbin, that you could assemble on another planet to make a base. The base could consist of stages and to make it easier, each one requires a certain amount of material bays to be added on to it to produce that stage, such as the foundation, windows, and walls, etc.

The EVAing Kerbals could each have two tools out of a set, to do different things, so you need more than one to do everything, or atleast two trips to get the tools.

I'd like to see thermometers for EVA, along with a barometer, anemometer(measures wind, and why don't we have this?), and other tools like a shovel and stuff.

The possibilities!

I'd like to see a repair tool and a science tool (a Kerbcorder...), so kerbals can fullfil different roles... And suddenly the kerbal you left elsewhere becomes the most important green guy on the planet. Improving EVA through the Tech-Tree would be nice i think.

I'd like to see a repair tool and a science tool (a Kerbcorder...), so kerbals can fulfill different roles... And suddenly the kerbal you left elsewhere becomes the most important green guy on the planet. Improving EVA through the Tech-Tree would be nice i think.

I`ve been into different roles for Kerbals for a while now. Also semi automation like `follow this path and check readings then put readings into craft then send readings`

I`d like the repair ability to have a node on the tech tree. If implemented then in addition to `repair` there could be `build` or `unpack` so that we can finally actually build the Apollo rover( and fit it into the space it should fit into)...

I like the idea of EVA tech tree integration. The backpack could be on there and as already suggested, extra mono etc.

Maybe start tied to the hatch with a rope so all you can do is extend and retract the rope and move along ladders (I think that`s not too far from the actual development) then there is a limit to how far from the hatch you can go initially.

Then EVA would be dangerous without the jetpack...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.