First Person EVA!

Hey fellow Kerbal Killers(or Saviors, if you try to keep them from dying.),

I just thought of the idea of having a first person EVA camera! So it's more immersive and hands on while you are of EVA! It would be easier to try and board a craft, seeing as you have to try and finangle the camera around to get close to it, but if it was first person, you'd be the Kerbal trying to get it! It would make it easier to fly about in EVA if you're trying to get somewhere.

It wouldn't be too hard to code I'd imagine. Just press C while controlling a Kerbal and it would zoom in to a first person camera set in his face. You would have a sort of Helmet HUD surround the camera, but not too intrusive. It would show things such as propellant left, speed, and the standard Nav-Globe. Doesn't have to perfect, it'd just make it easier to move about as a Kerbal and immerse you in the flying part of it.

The HUD could also be able to be used for mods too! I can picture a mod that shows the amount of air left in the suit, and stuff like that. Gravity anyone?

In my opinion, it's a great idea and would make the game sort of first person. It'd be fun for moon walks, and personally easier for me since I can't zoom in because I have no scroll wheel.

I welcome suggestions, modifications, and opinions!

Thanks!

Brian

*snip*

easier for me since I can't zoom in because I have no scroll wheel.

Playing on a laptop, I take it? You should go into the settings menu and assign some keys to zoom in/zoom out (I use -/=, but it's arbitrary). The map is almost impossible to use without zoom.

-snip-You should go into the settings menu and assign some keys to zoom in/zoom out (I use -/=, but it's arbitrary). The map is almost impossible to use without zoom.

Yes, I will try that! It's almost impossible to try and use the thermometer without machine gun clicking the side of the rocket! It's also really hard to get a rocket looking perfect and placing struts in cramped spaces without zooming in, leading to my rocket falling apart. Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: Oh man! SO much better. Should've looked there in the first place. :D

Edited by AwesumnisRawr188
Don't question me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.