Kerbals vs Humans, Kerbin vs Earth

TeeGee

Since it's quite obvious that Kerbin and Kerbals are NOT Human, has anybody done a scale comparison of the 2 races ( size wise)?

I would like to see how tall Kerbals are in comparison to Humans and how large Kerbin is in comparison to Earth.

Also, since Kerbin is much smaller than Earth, is it safe to assume that the atmosphere on said world is NOT oxygen. If not, what element/gas could be dense enough to stay on a world with far less gravity than Earth? Is it even on our periodic table?

But if Kerbin is smaller than Earth but is far more massive (density wise) than maybe the atmosphere is similar to Earths, just that the planet is much smaller, and denser.

What do you guys think?

The Kerbol system is about 1/10 the size of the real solar system, for both planet and orbit sizes. Surface gravity on Kerbin, however, is the same as Earth, meaning it would still hold onto its atmosphere.

It also implies either that Kerbin, and the other bodies in the system, are unphysically dense, or that the gravitational constant is stronger.

And, of course, the smaller scale lowers delta-V requirements making everything "easier".

Also, since Kerbin is much smaller than Earth, is it safe to assume that the atmosphere on said world is NOT oxygen. If not, what element/gas could be dense enough to stay on a world with far less gravity than Earth? Is it even on our periodic table?

But if Kerbin is smaller than Earth but is far more massive (density wise) than maybe the atmosphere is similar to Earths, just that the planet is much smaller, and denser.

The second one is true, the rate of acceleration on decent shows us that the gravitational pull is the same as Earth's, so Kerbin must be super dense.

[TeeGee, please edit the tags on your pic and then re-add the link, one of the tags was inappropriate]

How do you mean? I posted a picture of the Earth and Moon vs Kerbin and Mun.

Yeah, that pic was fine TeeGee, but one of the tags was a bit off and there was a complaint about one of the recommended images.

I don't know if you can change the tags that were with that image, but I suggest you use Imgur instead, there's less likelihood of poop stained bottoms there :)

I encountered something odd the other day. You know the Whack-a-Kerbal primitives? Presumably they're 1x1x1, or at least the cube should be. But it's only about 2/3 the height of a Kerbal, suggesting that Kerbals are in fact roughly the same height as humans. Anyone else observed this?

Huh. Are Kerbol's and Jool's gravity wells really that small? Kerbin must really be amazingly dense if it generates more gravity than the local gas giant, and more than half as much as the system's central star :D

For reference, Jupiter has 24.8 m/s² compared to Jool's 7.85... and the Sun clocks in at 274 m/s² compared to Kerbol's 17.1. Take a moment to appreciate how easy the devs made it for us to get around the Kerbol system!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.