Found out why KSP was crashing...

HafCoJoe

I have a 32 bit GOOD computer and KSP was crashing like crazy mainly because my CP is full to the brim on space. I deleted all files in my recycle bin, added 30 gigs. Fixed :I

Edit: (Ha! Get it? Full on SPACE)

Edited by Avera9eJoe
:3

Not necessarily strange... if the C partition is maxed out, and KSP goes on its usual RAM-gobbling frenzy, then Windows will attempt to increase the size of the pagefile but fails (because there's no room). This can lead programs running into OutOfMemory errors, which always result in a hard crash.

The C: partition also grows organically over time by such simple things as uninstall information for Microsoft security updates and user data ("my documents", downloads, desktop etc). It's a good idea to occasionally do some spring cleaning.

I have a 32 bit GOOD computer and KSP was crashing like crazy mainly because my CP is full to the brim on space. I deleted all files in my recycle bin, added 30 gigs. Fixed :I

I highly suggest CCleaner. I had my CPU running at 90% without me even doing anything. After using CCleaner, I got my CPU down to 2%! More CPU power for KSP now :D

You should never allow your hdd/ssd to become completely full. Programs need space to write temporary files.

Yeah the computer wasn't "totally" full its just that 5 people use the computer and it had about 15GB left :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.