Seats are for wussies. Real Kermen stand on top.

Seats are for wussies. Ladders are for fish. Real Kermen stand on top of the rocket like a BadS.

Your challenge is simple. Stand a Kerbal (preferably Jeb, but it doesn't have to be) on top of a rocket and get him as far as you can.

Rules:

• One Kerbal must stand on top of a large diameter part. Nothing bigger, nothing smaller.
  • Nothing may fix him to the rocket, and nothing may be fixed to him. (So no KAS parachutes!)
  • He may not enter any command module at any point after launch.
  • Railings no higher than a cubic octagonal strut are allowed in the "Normal" category. They must be round the edge of the part, no using them to hold your Kerbal in a little space in the middle.
  • No railings in the "BadS" category.
  • No restrictions on how you get your Kerbal in place. Gravhacking and using the jetpack is fine, just remember to turn Gravhack off before launch!
  • No autopilots, piloting aids, or in-flight information tools other than what's in stock. Other mods are fine.
  • No using the Kerbal's EVA pack for significant manouvres. Rendezvousing with the rocket after drifting away is fine, making deliberate orbit changes or landing on moons is not.

No points system, I'll just rank the entries in each category by impressiveness.

BadS:

---

Normal:

1. Cantab - Reached space.

My entry:

I reached space, but failed to get Jeb back in place for the orbit burn. Landing was not survived.

Image set

Ok, so I've got this idea:

1) Build a box with metal plates and a chair inside (on top of the rocket).

2) Teleport a kerbal into the box using the chair and then dismount.

3) Go places with the kerbal inside the metal box.

4) Profit!

Does that count?

Edited by astropapi1

Might be worth adding no ladders to the list then if they aren't allowed!

There's "Nothing may fix him to the rocket, and nothing may be fixed to him" rule.

Ladders count as fixing the Kerbal to the rocket.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.