[Request] Kessler bomb?

I need debris.Lots of it.Why? It would be fun if one would hit my rocket :D

I tried to make one kessler bomb

hHAJBwj.png

As you see,result isn't very nice

I need something..like this

9761813086_35f5cd566f_o.gif

So do anyone know any rockets that have the Kessler superpower?

Yes there is! Just point the mouse to the upper part of the screen when on map view and right-click on the Debris tag. :)

thanks it works,maybe there is a way to see their orbits too? (without hovering mouse over)

Take Dannys'
+ VAB copy/paste and slap it on top of a rocket; (or hyperedit for a faster route).

Behold the horror of 1000+ debris, it lags outside of render range!

snip

I can't wait to try it out :D

Wait,can debris lag even without loading it?

I created Kessler syndrome accidentally when I was using the unpatched version of Remote Tech 2. For those who are unaware, there is a bug in the .23 release (now patched) that duplicates ships on occasion which are not active . . . sometimes several times over. The result is that when you switch to that ships (yes, it has suddenly become plural!) you experience something I would call a Kraken bomb: every single part on every ship is suddenly given tremendous phantom force, causing an explosion of debris that would do Alderran proud.

The fact that this occurred at 75km equatorial orbit around Kerbin on a large space station was . . . well, not good.

Like this?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

craft file

Craft is just shy of the Dv to get to LKO. Maybe some stage 1 drop tanks or something would help. I just used infinite fuel for the last bit to see if it would work. It makes about 300 debris IIRC.

Then I reloaded my quicksave

Edited by John FX

It just showed debris icons,without their orbits

You need to mouse over them and wait a bit (it takes a while to show hundreds of orbits at once i guess)

Also, Danny's tree of doom is really great, it explodes with kraken-level force, and spreads debris over a wider area (activating it a few meters away from a station is guaranteed to obliterate it)

But it's pretty heavy and needs lots of additional strutting (and prayers) to avoid wobble (and memory shortages)

Edited by Hachouma

You need to mouse over them and wait a bit (it takes a while to show hundreds of orbits at once i guess)

Also, Danny's tree of doom is really great, it explodes with kraken-level force, and spreads debris over a wider area (activating it a few meters away from a station is guaranteed to obliterate it)

But it's pretty heavy and needs lots of additional strutting (and prayers) to avoid wobble (and memory shortages)

I can still only get the piece of debris I mouseover to show the orbit. How do you get all the orbits of all the debris shown?

I can still only get the piece of debris I mouseover to show the orbit. How do you get all the orbits of all the debris shown?

Mouseover a lot of them by zooming out a bit so they take up the same space.

Edited by Hachouma

• 2 months later...

I know this is an older thread, but I have the original craft file from the OPs gif, was simply named the "kessler bomb", and came from here, http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/1mru5g/kessler_bomb/, and credit for the craft goes to reddit user /u/Rufuscallahan. Be warned, this is a near 1200 part ship, and does not fly with FAR.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=CAB1776F04131D35!262&authkey=!AAXXZLeJEZmF2S0&ithint=file%2c.craft

Mouseover a lot of them by zooming out a bit so they take up the same space.

Much MUCH better to display all of the debris orbits in the map at the same time with one click by right-clicking on their icon in map view. If you mouse over the top, a tab drops with icons for every type of vessel that works just like the one on the tracking station. Useful for congested parking orbit like 70km circular LKO, if you keep your vessels classified.

Rune. Little known UI fact.

• 7 years later...
On 3/16/2014 at 1:20 PM, JiWint said:

I wonder how laggy was it to get it up

Frames per minute!

On 6/3/2014 at 1:03 AM, CHUBBYSUMO said:

I know this is an older thread, but I have the original craft file from the OPs gif, was simply named the "kessler bomb", and came from here, http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/1mru5g/kessler_bomb/, and credit for the craft goes to reddit user /u/Rufuscallahan. Be warned, this is a near 1200 part ship, and does not fly with FAR.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=CAB1776F04131D35!262&authkey=!AAXXZLeJEZmF2S0&ithint=file%2c.craft

Thanks for the credit!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.