Hi! "New Guy" Kerbonaut here

Todd "Eagle" K.

Hi everyone,

I recently received KSP for my birthday (late Jan) and really want to be a good, dare I say "great" Kerbonaut. I've had a pretty slow start of things and have recently started watching a lot of youtube videos (Thank You, Scott M. where ever you are!) to help me figure things out. I really don't want to "sacrifice" any of my Kerbals in the name of exploration and science, so I'm trying really hard to not make any mistakes. My number one goal is to put a "fully armed and operational battle station!:mad:", no, wait, I meant fully functional and operational space station:) into orbit. I would appreciate any and all advice and hope that I can give back to the forum as well. I'm 43 years old, I live in Southern California, and have spent several years in the Navy flying around in the back of 3 different types of aircraft (helicopters) and providing exceptional medical care to my fellow Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen. "Fly Navy, Forever!". One of my most challenging things is letting go of those days in the military. I hope that can take what I have learned and be a better civilian today. Finally, I am really exciting about starting this journey with Kerbal Space Program. Thank You for your attention.

Respectfully,

Todd

Greetings! No, sacrifice is not always the way to go. Unless you have unlimited access to small, green funny creatures that are forced willing to do almost anything.

As for your station, there are a lot of good video tutorials on youtube, and I highly recommend MechJeb to calculate Delta-V and automate your spacecrafts in times of need.