The ARM megathread

KvickFlygarn87

Usual? IIRC the only version released after marathon was .18 Folowing versions were released few days after a marathon. Let's look at some statistics:

.21 -- Marathon - July 20 ; Released - July 24

.22 -- Marathon - October 11 ; Released - October 16 (Release date was announced a day before at KSP Weekly)

.23 -- KerbalKon - December 12 ; Released - December 17

.23.5 -- Marathon - March 24 ; Released - ????

Sooo... I think it will be similar to .22 and release date will be announced at Devnote Tuesdays => Wednesday/Thursday are most likely the release dates.

It is only my estimation.

Oh my bad, thanks for this nice recap ;)

I only remembered a stream where at the end everyone was posting in the chat "OMG it just has been released!"

And then Yargnit said with his "famous smile" :" Yes guys, update is out, have fun !"

Thought it was 0.23.

:D

After viewing the Solar Gamer video, it looks to me like he was a little confused. The context of the video with respect to existing part tweaks might lead one to think that the Radial 24 engine is being tweaked. Yet when he mouses over the part for selection, it reveals no changes to thrust, iSP or any other factors which might alter its performance. On the other hand, he briefly moused over the 48-7S without discussing it. The mouse over reveals that the thrust for it has been tweaked from 20 kN to 30 kN. The video did not show its iSP, so I suspect a reduction in iSP to balance the change.

Otherwise it is an

looks like we will get the update on march 28-30 ith..... judging by the patterns in the release--marathon dates of previous releases.

I'm sure of this... oh no, now I'm too excited again :(

Yes, 4-5 days is the pattern alright. It would make since for them to release it on a weekend also, so we could play it more.

Just to reiterate, the devs are ironing out some bugs at the moment and the rest of the team are busy tidying up revisions on other ARM-related promotional things. In short, there's movement afoot.

More version numbers to study.

HOCgaming's vid - v0.23.0.432

Pleborian's vid - v0.23.0.436

Scott manley's vid - v0.23.0.441

Each youtuber surely uploaded thier video a few days ago to accommodate youtube monetization. HOC and Pleborian were under the impression that the release was imminent and so made their vids public at midnight, immediately after the embargo lifted. This is how you maximize vids because fewer people will watch if they can actually play the game. But Manley's vid was later, and makes no mention of a release date. He also did some recent in-person interviews with the devs at GDC. These facts, along with his use of a later version number, would suggest that he (1) created his video significantly later than the others, and (2) may have some inside knowledge of a release date. So keep an eye on him.

Have all of the media team now released their vids?

*I was watching Manley's vid as I typed this. He is doing his ARM coverage in two parts and PartII is not out yet.

One thing to consider is the time Zone difference; HOC and Pleborian would release earlier than Manley simply due to that.

I may be wrong on the next point, but issuing unique release numbers to each media gamer might make sense in the event of a game being leaked, etc. Not that this would ever happen, mind you. :)

Just to reiterate, the devs are ironing out some bugs at the moment and the rest of the team are busy tidying up revisions on other ARM-related promotional things. In short, there's movement afoot.

You know you want to leak details.

Is it done yet? (repeat ad infinitum until banned from the forum) :wink:

I actually hope the devs are taking their time with it to squish every bug they can find, then giving the code a final polish before pushing it out of the door

Boris

PS I'm wondering if we can play pool with the asteroids.......

the ANTICIPATION! I've almost lost interest in usual Kerbally activities just in case the patch goes live and I check back and go "...oh bugger, how much time have I just wasted in the last version when I could have downloaded and been playing the updated version for however long!"

I haven't been on this forum for a while, I have no idea what's going on... is this NASA thing a new update or what? I'm confused...

This is a patch which adds in Asteroids to the current solar system (NOT a usual game update), and adds new parts to make the mission easier to do... it's not really something you can just ignore, either, as there will be some 'close encounters' with Kerbin which would play havok with anything you may have put in orbit! (If the Asteroids are like ships, they will transfer speed to the surroundings due to some complex coding... so one minute your space-station could be fine, next time you check it's a floating cloud of slowly separating bits of debris for no apparent reason... way to force players to keep an eye on those big damn space rocks, never mind if you can do anything about it, if ones coming in close, watch out that nothing is in it's orbit path lol!

After viewing the Solar Gamer video, it looks to me like he was a little confused. The context of the video with respect to existing part tweaks might lead one to think that the Radial 24 engine is being tweaked. Yet when he mouses over the part for selection, it reveals no changes to thrust, iSP or any other factors which might alter its performance. On the other hand, he briefly moused over the 48-7S without discussing it. The mouse over reveals that the thrust for it has been tweaked from 20 kN to 30 kN. The video did not show its iSP, so I suspect a reduction in iSP to balance the change.

Otherwise it is an

I think you're a little confused also. ;)

The Rockomax 48-7S has been at 30 kN thrust since .23 dropped last year. That's why everyone's saying it's so OP right now.