The ARM megathread

KvickFlygarn87

My plan is to open up the saves and do a comparison ASAP, and figure out what the new bits are. Unless they have radically changed the save files, it shouldn't be hard to replace the parts that are necessary to get it working.

If that works and the devs haven't already programmed it in, you must report your findings to the world. FOR THE GREATER GOOD

Of course, I'll be doing the same once all my mods are updated...

If that works and the devs haven't already programmed it in, you must report your findings to the world. FOR THE GREATER GOOD

hotfuzzgreatergood.jpg

STOP THAT!!!

Of course, I'll be doing the same once all my mods are updated...

Yeah, I wasn't counting on the code changes... I really hope most of my mods will be unaffected.

Note that saves wont actually break, supposedly asteroids just don't spawn in...

Note that what we want is asteroids spawning in our unbroken saves.

Yeah, I wasn't counting on the code changes... I really hope most of my mods will be unaffected.

I expect anything that has to do with time and/or conics will need updating. That includes quite a few of the mods I use.

I expect anything that has to do with time and/or conics will need updating. That includes quite a few of the mods I use.

TAC-LS, KAC, and Remotech 2 are the ones I'm worried about. I don't expect many changes with KW, Ferram, or DER

Hey guys? I just had the most curious of thoughts while doing something kerbal (seeing how many SRB's it would take to send a satellite into a kerbin sized orbit) and when I went to the tracking station to clean the pad and destruct the debris in orbit, something caught my eye.

The RECOVER VESSEL button next to the TERMINATE and FLY buttons.

In ARM that button becomes TRACK.

SO. My thought, question or concern <how ever you wish to look at it> is this: how do we clean up the pad if TRACK is now our third button as oppose to RECOVER VESSEL. Because lets face it: launch clamps have no button on the altitude gauge for it like command pods and probes <assuming probes have that, never looked lol>. SO. thoughts?

SO. My thought, question or concern <how ever you wish to look at it> is this: how do we clean up the pad if TRACK is now our third button as oppose to RECOVER VESSEL. Because lets face it: launch clamps have no button on the altitude gauge for it like command pods and probes <assuming probes have that, never looked lol>. SO. thoughts?

It's contextual. It becomes TRACK when you highlight an asteroid and will be RECOVER VESSEL when that is appropriate.

Hopefully the Dev notes will explain what the dev's hit that was such a big deal. Im more curious about that than anything at the moment.

If the patch was good enough to show, but not good enough to release, for like a week then it must of been pretty devious! (i bet it has something to do with asteroids)

I wonder If this is possible: Land an asteroid on kerbin with a ship still attached then hit recover vessel? hopefully the devs accounted for that one already but that would be hilarious :P

I believe this happened in one of the KSP-TV playthroughs (Kofeyh?) of the ARM test build. Ship and asteroid both landed on Kerbin intact, but claw connection broke on impact, and asteroid rolled down the mountain, but was able to be 'recovered', iirc.

EDIT. Link: http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/b/514123003

around the 3:14:00 mark

Edited by Kanukki
added link

I'm hoping to start using some more mods with ARM, so likewise I'm hoping compatibility doesn't get broken.
I wonder If this is possible: Land an asteroid on kerbin with a ship still attached then hit recover vessel? hopefully the devs accounted for that one already but that would be hilarious :P
You'll recover it. Moving big rocks has been done. And NASA's Crawler-Transporters can handle a 5,400 tonne load, which is E-class asteroid level. In short, the "off screen" recovery of an asteroid is not unreasonable.

I'm hoping to start using some more mods with ARM, so likewise I'm hoping compatibility doesn't get broken.

I haven't had too many issues with the mods I personally use, but I can't give you a list of what does and doesn't work, since I only use a few. Usually though, the mods will update within hours or a few days :)

anymore updates/news??

It's been released. I think the biggest delay was their new digital rights management system. Turns out the download option for 0.23.5 is hidden if you've ever pirated music or lied on your taxes.

Capture.JPG

It's been released. I think the biggest delay was their new digital rights management system. Turns out the download option for 0.23.5 is hidden if you've ever pirated music or lied on your taxes.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Fl2lnGc_iOk/UzW1CfMG_jI/AAAAAAAAPYY/nuZd-9gIOwA/w506-h460/Capture.JPG

Nice troll, but seriously, don't troll :)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Fl2lnGc_iOk/UzW1CfMG_jI/AAAAAAAAPYY/nuZd-9gIOwA/w506-h460/Capture.JPG

Listen here you little rascal.

jk, nice prank. You really got me!

Edited by KasperVld

Right at this moment, there is completely no sense in playing KSP. If you were planning on porting your save to 0.23.5, nothing is stopping you, but remember-if you use a 0.23 save in 0.23.5, no asteroids will spawn, and nice everyone wants asteroids, pretty much everyone will have to start a new save. I am going to start a new one, and doing any missions in my old save doesn't make sense to me since the update could be released the second I start a mission in my old save.

Squad, better hurry up, otherwise you might lose a lot of players!