My Little Pony Megathread

foamyesque

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I blame my occasional-popping-into-this-thread for Youtube\'s treatment of videos related to mine:

ss20120222022203.jpg

Gee, thanks ;P

Thats not the largest amount I have seen on that vid. I saw 9 MLP video links on there.

Just as much as I hate ponies, MLP:FIM, The Original MLP, and everything relating to ponies, I approve of this thread. Not because I\'m (by \'normal people\' standards) gay, retarded, or just plain stupid, but because I\'d rather have all the Ponyjunk stuffed in here, not spread out all over the forums.

Just as much as I hate ponies, MLP:FIM, The Original MLP, and everything relating to ponies, I approve of this thread. Not because (by \'normal people\' standards) gay, retarded, or just plain stupid, but because I\'d rather have all the Ponyjunk stuffed in here, not spread out all over the forums.

Thank you for not tagging along in the bandwagon.

Just as much as I hate ponies, MLP:FIM, The Original MLP, and everything relating to ponies, I approve of this thread. Not because (by \'normal people\' standards) gay, retarded, or just plain stupid, but because I\'d rather have all the Ponyjunk stuffed in here, not spread out all over the forums.

MY REPLY TO THIS...THIS....THIS...THI-

132434205267.jpg

Ok, I\'ve got a very difficult choice to make. Story is in the spoiler.

Backstory: I am a college student, away from home for my first year, and a true brony. My parent recently discovered that last fact, and do not like it. They think I\'m doing it as a troll, grabbing attention and trying to freak them out. They have the basic arguments of 'it\'s a show for little girls' and 'it\'s immature to watch kid\'s shows as an adult'. I tried explaining that it gives me an escape, but they said that the same can be used for drugs. They then warned me about the consequences of my reputation for watching this, and that they think I should stop.

Now here\'s the real kicker: I love and respect my parents. I take everything they say heavily, and I don\'t think there was ever a time that after giving em instructions I stood them in the face and said no. When they say they are concerned for me, they are really concerned for me. They have been beside me my whole life, and I do not want to lost their support.

I need answers. I need people giving me options on what to do, arguments for or against choices, and how to deal with this crisis. What I do not need is people saying 'yo f*** your parents it\'s your decision'. I need truly intelligent responses for liking the show, and what I should do.

Backstory: I am a college student, away from home for my first year, and a true brony. My parent recently discovered that last fact, and do not like it. They think I\'m doing it as a troll, grabbing attention and trying to freak them out. They have the basic arguments of 'it\'s a show for little girls' and 'it\'s immature to watch kid\'s shows as an adult'. I tried explaining that it gives me an escape, but they said that the same can be used for drugs. They then warned me about the consequences of my reputation for watching this, and that they think I should stop.

Now here\'s the real kicker: I love and respect my parents. I take everything they say heavily, and I don\'t think there was ever a time that after giving em instructions I stood them in the face and said no. When they say they are concerned for me, they are really concerned for me. They have been beside me my whole life, and I do not want to lost their support.

I need answers. I need people giving me options on what to do, arguments for or against choices, and how to deal with this crisis. What I do not need is people saying 'yo f*** your parents it\'s your decision'. I need truly intelligent responses for liking the show, and what I should do.

Usually parents are stubborn like this, anything having to do with a 'son', and a 'pony', makes them think that there son is a little girl.

I have a kinda-solution. Show them Lauren Frosts stuff, like, how she is embracing bronies, and such, and that might get them off your back for a little bit, realizing that it isn\'t 'exactly' for little girls.

Usually parents are stubborn like this, anything having to do with a 'son', and a 'pony', makes them think that there son is a little girl.

I have a kinda-solution. Show them Lauren Frosts stuff, like, how she is embracing bronies, and such, and that might get them off your back for a little bit, realizing that it isn\'t 'exactly' for little girls.

I\'ve tried that. I told them about the fanbase at my school, and the multitude of friends that enjoy it. The only that did was that they turned them into the bad crowd. Does anyone have a reason for liking the show other than:

Animation

Dialogue

Plot

Characters

Escape from reality?

is it due to thinking you might go 'queer' as it were? not that i have anything against the gay population, though they may be concerned with this concept. thats the most i could give you. i have only told 1 person (my best mate, a girl) that i am a brony, and she thought fine, i said it was number 4 of 4 on my to do before i die list.

is it due to thinking you might go 'queer' as it were? not that i have anything against the gay population, though they may be concerned with this concept. thats the most i could give you. i have only told 1 person (my best mate, a girl) that i am a brony, and she thought fine, i said it was number 4 of 4 on my to do before i die list.

No, they understand that watching it does not mean I\'m gay.

Update: They just called, and wanted to make sure I was okay. I told them that I was trying to figure out how to respond, and they were okay with that. I still need to know whether or not I should keep disrespecting them, or step back into line.

No, they understand that watching it does not mean I\'m gay.

Update: They just called, and wanted to make sure I was okay. I told them that I was trying to figure out how to respond, and they were okay with that. I still need to know whether or not I should keep disrespecting them, or step back into line.

well i wouldn\'t find it disrespecting them, (unless they seriously really dont want you to watch it) though i really cant tell you.

suggestion (1) you could just say that it is just a part of your life and that is the way it is. if they cant accept you for that, they might as well remove you from the family(harsh, but a possibility) (2) stop watching the program. FOREVER. (3) lie. tell them you don\'t watch it any-more, but still do. i havnt told my parents, and hope not to, but one day, they will check my internet history, and MLP is the thing i am most worried about.

ANSWER: only you should know what is right