Scaring Jeb...or any kerbal, for that matter.

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a cinematic in which I need, for several scenes, the kerbals to be scared. Currently, my kerbals are all on Vall; and as with just about any kerbal, once landed, all they do is laugh, regardless of whether or not they screamed the whole way down. And it doesn't really help that Jeb is among them. I need that petrified look of terror for about two minutes worth of footage.

So...do any of you know how to "scare" a kerbal (aside from killing them)? I am willing to edit the persistants.sfs file if that is what it takes.

Any and all ideas are welcome!

Thanks,

Universe

Scroll all the way down in your persistant.sfs looking for the crew roster.

First of all make sure badS is set to false. A badass Kerbal will smile through pretty much anything.

Secondly you want to set both the brave and dumb values low. You want the to scare easy but not too stupid to not notice the danger they're in.

Yes, the badS flag is important. I think only Jeb and one other Kerbiet have it enabled, and it literally makes them un-scare-able. Set it to false and you're golden.

Objection: a direct re-entry from Minmus (straight down) will scare Jeb.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.