B9 5.0 pre-release (with download)

K3-Chris

Because every new cockpit is enormous amount of work and because it makes zero sense to spend all that time on a plane part that would look out of place on any spaceplane, fitting only atmospheric craft. This is a game about going to space after all.

Because every new cockpit is enormous amount of work and because it makes zero sense to spend all that time on a plane part that would look out of place on any spaceplane, fitting only atmospheric craft. This is a game about going to space after all.

Ie, the plane with a huge bow glazing - it is suitable for space games, and divide it all glass frames - no?

@Nsomnia:

Try running the game in OpenGL mode. You can do this by running it with the -force-opengl command line option. I would also suggest using texture managers like Active Texture Manager basic or TextureReplacer. Even though their reason for existence is to help ease the 32 bit process memory situation, they help a lot with the 64 bit version too. This reduces the memory footprint of the game and makes things load quicker. But this is just opinion.

@trackpad.user:

The OpenGL version works quite well. So I would say that it isn't completely broken. The Direct3D9 version does have more issues though, and since the Unity runner defaults to that, then I would guess that is why people claim it is broken.

Also, since going through the configs for my mod-compatibility sweep, I noticed the HX RCS parts are using LFO. NathanKell let me know, while I was doing some RCS stuff for the RF Stockalike configs, that ModuleRCS has a bug in it that prevents PROPELLANT nodes from working properly. To get multi-directional bipropellant RCS, you'd need ModuleRCSFX at the moment. Otherwise, the RCS only fires in one direction, which makes it rather useless.

AHA! I had them in monopropellant to begin with, and changed them because K3|Chris asked. Vindication!

LOL that's great, No I wasn't asking for a release date or anything like that zgrillo2004 maybe you didn't read it or just didn't understand my post?. I was just simply asking if you was going to allow us to try the pre-release, a simple no is sufficient.

Actually, what I meant is its fine to get trunk, just be aware that anything may change, don't get attached to any crafts or savegames.

Not sure if it's a bug or I'm dumb, but the SABREs, specifically the SABRE Ms, are burning oxidizer in air-breathing mode. I've got plenty of intake air, and I'm using stacked precoolers. Is this supposed to happen? I know it's pre-release and all, but I figure I'd treat it like a beta tester.

@Alshain How the heck did you get your SABRE intakes animating? Mine refuse to comply :( (Updated exsurgentengineering.dll floating around somewhere? Or possibly KineTech animation plugin?)

I'm not sure, I never noticed an animation on the Sabre intakes. I just liked the way they looked.

Not sure if it's a bug or I'm dumb, but the SABREs, specifically the SABRE Ms, are burning oxidizer in air-breathing mode. I've got plenty of intake air, and I'm using stacked precoolers. Is this supposed to happen? I know it's pre-release and all, but I figure I'd treat it like a beta tester.

That doesn't happen for me, are you on a clean .24.2 install?

That doesn't happen for me, are you on a clean .24.2 install?

Running commit d9050bd4adba here, and the SABRE M seems to be working ok as far as I can see. One minor bug is that it's not showing the fuel and overheat bars on the stage list for me, but LF & O usage seems to be fine in both modes. The only other issue I have with it is whether or not to accept the nerf it got under NEAR, not sure that it's acceptable to me, but that's a quite different thing altogether.

Just pushed a commit that gives the HL Cockpit a visible lower door on the side btw, it was there before in the model so you could use it if you somehow knew it was there, but now you can actually see it, and it has a bit of an emissive element to it making it easy to find in the dark (for night time EVAs) should help you get kerbals in and out of the HL cockpit on the ground, hatch on the top is a bit hard to reach for a kerbal.

YgWeWQy.png

Attach a ladder bellow the door and you'll have easier access.

Might get a visual tweak later, I'd like to give it something closer to the shuttle's side hatch:

4493045473_24d06e5984_z.jpg

Edited by K3|Chris

@Nsomnia:

Try running the game in OpenGL mode. You can do this by running it with the -force-opengl command line option. I would also suggest using texture managers like Active Texture Manager basic or TextureReplacer. Even though their reason for existence is to help ease the 32 bit process memory situation, they help a lot with the 64 bit version too. This reduces the memory footprint of the game and makes things load quicker. But this is just opinion.

@trackpad.user:

The OpenGL version works quite well. So I would say that it isn't completely broken. The Direct3D9 version does have more issues though, and since the Unity runner defaults to that, then I would guess that is why people claim it is broken.

I've tried every which way on 64 bit and can't get any more than 45 minutes of game play though I see this opengl tip keep coming up and being that lap only uses one core I think that will hurt performance at the gain of stability. I know my way around lap been here for many many versions but x64 likes to crash when it calls on totally normal functions and such. Thank you though. I'm sticking t x86 with ATM

Saying the 64-bit version of KSP is "Broken" based on your own personal experience is wrong.

Do not mislead people into thinking something is "broken" or "not working" if it doesn't work for you.

It has it's own bugs and crashes, but they are rarely reproducable, and rarely repeat themselves. All in all, it is not the most stable thing, but it is very far from broken.

Next time you decide to share your opinion about something, do so by showing potential readers it is your personal opinion and do not mislead them into thinking they can't use something, because you thought it's broken.

Kinda harsh I think when someone says x86 is broken means it works but not well. Like my laptops sound output plug is broken but my laptop still works but I still call it broken cause a key feature is unavailable to me.

Lets just say bug reports from x64 isn't something we'll process for now, x64 trips over itself in new and interesting ways we can't repeat or make heads or tails of, or works just fine, it's not predictable enough to work with at this point.

When your debug workflow involves the equivalent of a magic-8 ball you need to step back and re-think your approach.

Edited by K3|Chris

Sorry to be a derp here, but is there a command pod or cockpit for the HX system?

Cockpit? More like a bridge, with huge windows...... And a reaction wheel that could crush an orange tank.

And don't forget the Captains Chair....

Edited by Donziboy2

Lets just say bug reports from x64 isn't something we'll process for now, x64 trips over itself in new and interesting ways we can't repeat or make heads or tails of, or works just fine, it's not predictable enough to work with at this point.

When your debug workflow involves the equivalent of a magic-8 ball you need to step back and re-think your approach.

Exactly, I cannot reproduce why my 64bit KSP crashes, and each crash is due to a new reason. How to debug?

- - - Updated - - -

okay can somone PM a link to the sketches >_>

Sketches Here