[0.23] FirstPersonEVA

FlaccidUnicorn

Source Code: I grant anyone licence to do anything they want with the source code without restriction. Those of you who look at the source will probably be able to tell that I have little experience coding in C#, so I'm sure I did some things less than ideally, but it works, so I'm content.

Depends on HullcamVDS: forked from Mechjeb hullcam by Albert VDS. Specifically, it depends on the plugin, not the parts. The licence for HullcamVDS is stated as GPL.

GPL licenses are highly annoying as they require derivative works also to be licensed under GPL. Especially version 3 can be a pain in the butt. But what exactly derivative means when one just links to a gpl'ed library can be pretty fuzzy and unclear.

Sometimes I wish game developers would force modders into using BSD/MIT licenses simply to avoid drama and headaches.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd really love to see this reuploaded, the other EVA cam mods don't offer as much immersion.

EDIT: woops, didn't see it on the previous page

Edited by KAO

Sometimes you just can't resist but to crack open a cold one.

Tested and confirmed functional in 0.25.

Download the Source and put the .dll in the Plugins folder.

Then download the HullcamVDS and do the same just for the plugin files.

Expect some occasional clipping though.

Sometimes you just can't resist but to crack open a cold one.

Tested and confirmed functional in 0.25.

Download the Source and put the .dll in the Plugins folder.

Then download the HullcamVDS and do the same just for the plugin files.

Expect some occasional clipping though.

Do you mean just drop those two dll files in the main plugins folder in the main KSP directory? Haven't got this working on 0.25

• 1 month later...

How exactly do you get this mod working? I am fairly decent with modding and I have read every comment here and tried everything I can possibly think of but it simply will not activate, the other cameras work fine but the kerbal cam seems to be nonexistent using - or = doesn't get me into it, and right clicking the kerbal also gives no new added options for cam. I currently have the 3 files needed in the KSP/Plugins folder, that didn't work so I added the entire firstpersonEVA folder to KSP/Plugins no luck there so I added it to KSP/Gamedata no luck there, so I copy and pasted it into all 3 above locations and I just simply can not get this thing to work which is a real shame for me because I am heavily into realism and would LOVE to do some space station repairs in first person.

Any help on this would be awesome, I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong with this one.

How exactly do you get this mod working? I am fairly decent with modding and I have read every comment here and tried everything I can possibly think of but it simply will not activate, the other cameras work fine but the kerbal cam seems to be nonexistent using - or = doesn't get me into it, and right clicking the kerbal also gives no new added options for cam. I currently have the 3 files needed in the KSP/Plugins folder, that didn't work so I added the entire firstpersonEVA folder to KSP/Plugins no luck there so I added it to KSP/Gamedata no luck there, so I copy and pasted it into all 3 above locations and I just simply can not get this thing to work which is a real shame for me because I am heavily into realism and would LOVE to do some space station repairs in first person.

Any help on this would be awesome, I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong with this one.

just take the hullcam .dll and the settings cfg that comes with it and put in the same folder that the first person eva .dll is in

I figured out what the problem was, if you have the first person mod folder INSIDE the gamedata folder it will break it, even if it's also in the plugins, I removed it from the gamedata folder and it works great now! thanks for the help I absolutely love this mod, can't do a EVA with out it now :)

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.