A Comparison of KSP Rocketry to Other Video Games

Tex

No-one mentioned X-Wing, Tie Fighter or X-Wing vs Tie Fighter yet?! for shame!

Classics, if you don't mind the Star Wars universe... but people on the forums seem to be more Trekkie :P

It was accurate in that they had power-sources far exceeding our own or the Kerbals, and that to just turn around and fly the other way you had to go through 0m/s to get there - so as someone else has mentioned, lots of flying in curves!

EDIT: Just ninja'd a little by previous poster bringing up Star Wars! meh, I'm gonna go make myself a Millennium Falcon, should be possible with the SLS! :wink:

Edited by Cmdr. Arn1e

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-War_%28Independence_War%29

I-War was notable for its use of Newtonian physics; unlike other popular space combat games such as Wing Commander and Descent: Freespace, the flight model is subject to inertia caused by a ship's mass and the absence of drag in outer space. In addition to common flight dynamics, vessels can move and accelerate in all directions: up, down, forward, backwards and sideways.

I-War was an awesome game, a bit buggy and hard as hell. And back then i had absolutely no idea about real space flight. I only knew X-Wing and Wing Commander and was pretty confused about the strange way the ships moved:D

When you begin to understand how things work, you find the vast majority of "entertainment" a giant pile of crap. You sit picking holes it in - much to the irritation of others :D

Knowledge is a wonderful thing

I usually find it a waste of energy to try nitpicking sci-fi stuff, most of the time. I only really make a big deal of it if it's trying to say it's very accurate when it actually isn't.

That doesn't mean I lack an extra appreciation for physical accuracy, though. Space combat in Frontier (Elite II) was really fun - it was like jousting, but with lasers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.