Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

I wish I had time to play ksp. I have two major essays due tomorrow. XD XD

On an offhand note, would an increase in mass which resulted in an increase in force result in less acceleration initially but more distance covered due to greater inertia. I have a thing for run on type sentences.

I wish I had time to play ksp. I have two major essays due tomorrow. XD XD

On an offhand note, would an increase in mass which resulted in an increase in force result in less acceleration initially but more distance covered due to greater inertia. I have a thing for run on type sentences.

Welcome to my world. Population: us students

My first battle (against myself)

My 'Draco Mk2' VS My 'Athena' Class Light Frigate

0OV7cgq.png

Target Acquired.

bTUwR5Y.png

First Armour-piercing missile strike.

1Ew1VxK.png

After first strike, the Athena had been Decapitated.

Ex25TrJ.pngAfter second strike, the entire ship was nothing but a debris field and the Draco still had four missiles left.

Edited by Megalodon 720

The armor on the Athena class seems to be slightly myopic. I would recommend a central spine and branched armor sections along with isolated fuel tanks and an enclosed command module to prevent total destruction. Ships like my UNSC destroyer, charon class, and most other ships comrade jenkins and I have made follow the model. I believe you should look into advanced armor. It means the difference between life and death.

Your completely right thanks man. The armour on the Athena is strong and usually shrugs off most hits (even with my AP missiles) however if a missile gets between the armour sections around the rim of the craft then it gets obliterated from the inside out. Ill probably make a version with better armour placement to make it harder to hit the central tanks.

Actually, i just realized that the reason the Armour on the athena is almost impervious to attack is that i was aiming at the side, where it is wedge-shaped, this meant that the missiles were bouncing off without exploding. Hence the 'strength'.

Actually, i just realized that the reason the Armour on the athena is almost impervious to attack is that i was aiming at the side, where it is wedge-shaped, this meant that the missiles were bouncing off without exploding. Hence the 'strength'.

Armour in KSP works unintentionally the same as real life. If a projectile strikes at an angle greater than 70°, it's sure to bounce off. If it strikes at an angle less than 60° and hits very hard, it will likely destroy the part it hits. If the mass of the projectile is low but the speed is high, instead it will glitch partway through. This coincidentally behaves much like armour penetration in real naval combat.

This is why I-beam missiles and cannon flak are so effective.

Here is my new light frigate, the 'Caesius' Class. Has 3 reloadable missiles, droppable external tanks and a 'Spine' to hold it together better.

LPVbVXZ.png

Tell me what you think.

EDIT: I've also given it a low profile and wedge shaped armour to deflect missiles.

Also thanks to daemonCaptrix for the info there.:wink:

Edited by Megalodon 720

Your missiles look a little old-fashioned. What did you base them on? How well do they fare against heavy armour?

Surprisingly well, i tested them on my older light frigate which also had the 'wedge' armour and the single missile almost severed the ship in two.

If you have better reloadable missiles i would appreciate it a lot if you could show me a picture.

It also looks good during reentry just moments from a massive explosion.

Edited by Megalodon 720

What do you mean by clip or shell? At the moment my missiles are in sets of three and are attached with docking ports rather than decouplers therefore i just need to dock with the ship while carrying the missiles and then i have a fresh set.