Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

Most likely exams, same with me

Pray for me or wish me luck (or what ever you believe or do) for me tomorrow as I take my last to exams of this semester

Really could have used y'all's best wishes. I don't think I did good on the exams

FINALLY!!! I made a large ship I actually like, it has superior weaponry to the rest of my fleet (However due to problems during construction, the ship and a lot of the missiles must be launched separately) I generally try to keep part count below 200 and this is just below that without the missiles, so while it has space for 4 missile magazines it'll probably only carry two at a time.

unItFjg.pngEDIT: Actually it comes in at 214 parts but that'll be ok, two missile magazines are 36 parts so it should be fine amongst larger ships (Well if it went up against Spartwo's Supercarrier i'd probably just be incinerated by my computer (may i ask how many Parts that comes in at?)).

Here it is with the Britannia Weaponry paintjob

zsU89n2.png

Edited by Megalodon 720

Well, first of all, I'd like to say "Hi" couse I'm new here. I've been playing KSP for a while now, and I have recently found the "Spirit of Kerbin" series on YT, which after some research led me here. And now, after some time of preperations I think I can say that I'm ready to join this not-so-small club (if You gentlemen would kindly agree, of course), maybe not on Spartwo or Zekes level but I think my ships are actually not that bad for a newbie.

So here's a beginning of my little fleet:

http://imgur.com/a/KUswi#0 (I don't know how to add a gallery from imgur, anybody help please?)

I have 5 ships in it for now, but I must admit that only the newest one, "Piranha" is worth anything. All of them have some huge disadvantages:

-they are low on dV (the only exception is "Shark" with around 4k, which still isn't much, and also it's sooooo slow)

-ridiculous part count

I'd be very thankful for any kind of advice

P.S. - sorry if I wrote something wrong, english is not my main language

Have you tested your ship yet, Megalodon? I'd advise shooting it with different ships others have made and seeing how yours holds up.

Also, I really really want to post that SSTO fighter jet I made, but I'm low on free time. :(

Well, first of all, I'd like to say "Hi" couse I'm new here. I've been playing KSP for a while now, and I have recently found the "Spirit of Kerbin" series on YT, which after some research led me here. And now, after some time of preperations I think I can say that I'm ready to join this not-so-small club (if You gentlemen would kindly agree, of course), maybe not on Spartwo or Zekes level but I think my ships are actually not that bad for a newbie.

So here's a beginning of my little fleet:

http://imgur.com/a/KUswi#0 (I don't know how to add a gallery from imgur, anybody help please?)

I have 5 ships in it for now, but I must admit that only the newest one, "Piranha" is worth anything. All of them have some huge disadvantages:

-they are low on dV (the only exception is "Shark" with around 4k, which still isn't much, and also it's sooooo slow)

-ridiculous part count

I'd be very thankful for any kind of advice

P.S. - sorry if I wrote something wrong, english is not my main language

If you want i can give you some of my crafts so that you can reverse engineer them, that might help, although i'm not the best. (and i don't know how to make crafts downloadable so someone will have to tell me.)

If you want i can give you some of my crafts so that you can reverse engineer them, that might help, although i'm not the best. (and i don't know how to make crafts downloadable so someone will have to tell me.)

File host(I use mediafire, it lets me count downloads)--->Upload the .craft--->Download--->copy the URL--->paste it here.

To clarify.

~700

h7JGF8v.png

~900

tJT8O7t.png

@Megalodon 720 - Spartwo has uploaded a lot of his ships on THIS blog, I've been testing my designs on/against them for a while. Also, Zekes' The Drekevak XIV-I is available for download. BTW, Zekes, what is this made of? I downloaded an earlier version and I was able to destroy it with one well-aimed SRB which would split it in two, but this? I-beams can destroy the insides, but I didn't manage to even scratch its outside armor with, like, anything I have, or what I have seen o.O

[h=2][/h]

That's one nice destroyer you have here, I must admit. I find it really interesting as it has pretty tough armour and nice weaponry (or at least a space for it - what missiles/torpedos you place on it?), but if I can advice you something it has two weaknesses. As most of my designs, it has much too low fuel (i think that with full ammo it will have dV a lot below 1km/s). Also, you might want to put more armour on its back, becouse i found out that one well aimed salvo of I-beams leaves a ship without engines, fuel and even a control module. Also, it is best to use small RC modules instead of those manned, becouse they are much harder to hit

Here's one of the missiles designed specifically for Zeus however there are a lot of missiles i have made that fit in side the weapons bay, in fact that's why i launched it without missiles so i could give it the missiles it needs for the job at hand.

Tj2zCfA.png

Also, through several tests i have found out that the armour is strongest at the bow of the ship (hence why it rams so well)

Using manned modules on the Zeus was Vital because i needed the stronger reaction wheels (i try to keep part count down to 250 or lower)

Edited by Megalodon 720

Don't you think it's rather small? It might be good for fighters and you can fit like a trillion of them in those missile bays but I don't think that'd do anything to a ship with solid plate armour

Also, I would like to know what you, sea dogs, think of my new battlecruiser prototype. It's not finished yet, but i have really good feelings about it. Now the hardest part - armour, but if there's anything obviously bad which I haven't spotted, I would rather know it know to fix it before applying armour

Sr8tomT.png

Ok, just finished my newest SSTO fighter...

I call it the Monitor.

gYTUFDl.png

Armed with 3 linked-fire aircraft missiles (as well as the capability to carry smaller bombs), this fighter's more than capable of taking out jets, ground units, and other SSTOs...

AOEAOA3.png

It's also quite agile.

H0jTk6e.png

Weapons firing:

CKt5cpC.png

pEPLADu.png

And touchdown!

3Wazs8G.png

1mhlRUe.png

It flies off of 1 turbojet and a pair of Rockomax 48-7S engines for flight, and can SSTO quite well when flown right.

It also has a junior docking port for refueling and docking, but I might make a variant with a mid-sized port.

Also, I took one to Laythe with a mothership... ( I will have my next battle post up shortly, once I locate the pics from my last move. :P )

N171cd0.png