Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

Man, it's sad to think.... but maybe he's gone for good. :(

In any case, his series was my primary inspiration, and I'm considering (once I've got my PC upgraded) making a similar series.....

Darn I feel so nostalgic.

EDIT: Also, where is BrightBritches' next battle post? I thought he said last night he'd have it up soon....

EDIT x2: I just realized whilst watching that the tech in our average-type capital ships is WAY more powerful than almost all the ships in Macey's series.

(The most advanced being his Vanguard-class, which even then lacks a skeleton for shock absorption.)

MU MT-12M and MT-13 inbound. Prepare for VTOL combat.

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

Never forget 19/3/2409. I got very nostalgic over it.

1dqnzxP.png

Nostalgimage.

EDIT x2: I just realized whilst watching that the tech in our average-type capital ships is WAY more powerful than almost all the ships in Macey's series.

(The most advanced being his Vanguard-class, which even then lacks a skeleton for shock absorption.)

Can you. get. to. Lathe(this question would be best pointed to the Vanishey Zekes whom can barely get to the Mun.

Edited by Spartwo

I doubt it. You may get hate if it sucks:P(it won't, promise) Anyhoo...

L7ZSMCr.png

I didn't mention I tested your destroyer which you asked to be fired at. It's munar gravity. Anyway, I came through and gutted everything leaving a shell, all but one of the weapons, and some pods floating away.

EDIT: Also, where is BrightBritches' next battle post? I thought he said last night he'd have it up soon....

It will be up in the next couple hours for sure, I said it would be up if all went to plan and nothing did :(

My train got delayed by 3.5 hours, so then the stuff I needed to do that night had to get pushed back to the next night, and now i'm finally caught up

Anyways, it WILL be up in the next few hours so we can get back to the pew pew :wink:

Can you. get. to. Lathe(this question would be best pointed to the Vanishey Zekes whom can barely get to the Mun.

I second the question, and second the citation of Zekes' ships as primary evidence.

When you need drop tanks for orbital maneuvering, I cant help but feel like you've done something wrong :huh:

As for myself, the majority of my larger ships (almost all of which have never seen the light of the forums) pack at least 5,000 delta-v entirely inside the hull. I think my little corvette/frigate thingies that are in the battle between scriptkitt3h and I have around 2,000 :)

Most, if not all my newer craft can get to Laythe... the speed at which they do, however, is variable.

(Ion engines, refurbished K-Drives, and such take a tad bit longer to make burns with than rockets/NERVAs, but means I get to worry less about filling my hulls with heavy, vulnerable fuel tanks. :P)*

Also, droptanks don't mean a craft has something wrong with it. (In the same way that real world fighter jets use external fuel tanks for extra-long trips.)

Also, if and when KSP MP comes out officially, I'm going to make fuel outposts at Minmus, Duna, and Jool to service a fleet without having to have ships with enough internal fuel to go superluminal.

*(From the Macey Dean vids, (at least this seems to be the case), the Vanguard-class was only susceptible to ramming mainly due to its skeleton being made from fuel tanks. If it had a few less LVNs, and a structural part skeleton with decentralized fuel, it may have survived the ramming in the final ep.)

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

Also, droptanks don't mean a craft has something wrong with it. (In the same way that real world fighter jets use external fuel tanks for extra-long trips.)

Well normally no, but this is like a fighter jet needing droptanks if it actually wants to you know, fight :P

So, to play this game I need to create some battleships, find someone to battle, set some rules, and exchange saves between turns? Also, what mods are allowed? Is that just decided between players? (the OP does not make it very clear what's you're supposed to do)

This looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Also, if and when KSP MP comes out officially, I'm going to make fuel outposts at Minmus, Duna, and Jool to service a fleet without having to have ships with enough internal fuel to go superluminal.

And I shall be waiting in a polar Moho orbit waiting to strike. I also plan to terrorize anything with weapons on KMP/DMP servers.

Spartwo how is the recreation of the Thor Class coming

Ehhh... There isn't enough to go on to be accurate. The same applies to the Suestra class.

I second the question, and second the citation of Zekes' ships as primary evidence.

When you need drop tanks for orbital maneuvering, I cant help but feel like you've done something wrong :huh:

As for myself, the majority of my larger ships (almost all of which have never seen the light of the forums) pack at least 5,000 delta-v entirely inside the hull. I think my little corvette/frigate thingies that are in the battle between scriptkitt3h and I have around 2,000 :)

Kudos to you. My standard tactic of getting out of range of the enemy but in range for me wouldn't work(The 2 turn victory tactic)

So, to play this game I need to create some battleships.

Yep.

find someone to battle.

yep. Or challenge everyone.

set some rules

nope. rules in op.

and exchange saves between turns?

Unless you want to use multiplayer.

Also, what mods are allowed?

rule 16

EDIT:

When my new 1440p monitor arrives, I'm going all out on battles.

These exist, I didn't know there was a mid point.

Edited by Spartwo

My destroyer class has at least enough internally carried fuel to go to duna from low kerbin orbit. I bet the non released droptanks could get it to jool, but I never tested them that far.

On the other ships, I never actually tested the delta v. I just didn't have enough time during the school year, but it's summer now. When my new 1440p monitor arrives, I'm going all out on battles.

Down 1 ship and barely having scratched the armor of the enemy, the Destiny moves in to fire 3 salvos at the weakened side of the ADA, determined to take down at least one enemy ship in the battle.

inDlnGf.png

Although more damage was done to the hull of the ADA, the internal structure appears to still be intact.

ugZH5l3.png

The Destiny dropped back into a lower orbit near the Overwatch, and a message was sent back through the jump portal.

ENCRYPTED

Primary Munitions: Ineffective

Ammunition: Low

Engagement Outlook: Negative

Comments: Heavier munitions required prior to next engagement

Persist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/437itn0on15c2ea/persistent.sfs

Man, it's sad to think.... but maybe he's gone for good. :(

In any case, his series was my primary inspiration, and I'm considering (once I've got my PC upgraded) making a similar series.....

Darn I feel so nostalgic.

MU MT-12M and MT-13 inbound. Prepare for VTOL combat.

A series for you guys to chow on until Macey gets back :P

Anyways I will be leaving on the 20th. Will be back on August 1st. I prerecorded some videos (2/3 depending if I can finish 1 in time)

A series for you guys to chow on until Macey gets back :P

Anyways I will be leaving on the 20th. Will be back on August 1st. I prerecorded some videos (2/3 depending if I can finish 1 in time)

Must sleep... But must watch Macey again... DAMN YOU GUYS!!!!

EDIT: Nevermind I have coffee, OFF TO FINISH MY FRIGATE!!!

Yeah! I got the pentel sharp graph 1000 and pentel sharp smash mechanical pencils just recently.

These are just phenomenal. The Japanese really know how to make mechanical pencils.

http://www.amazon.com/Pentel-Smash-Drafting-Pencil-0-5/dp/B0013NHU6K

http://www.amazon.com/Pentel-Graph-1000-Drafting-Pencil/dp/B0013NFZU8/ref=pd_sim_op_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=025MMKYTPJYS651P9PBQ

I got them in South Korea. Time to use them in San Diego when I get back by either Sunday or Monday.

Fuel depots are under development. They will be launched as emergency payloads.

Edited by andrew123

Although more damage was done to the hull of the ADA, the internal structure appears to still be intact.

Yup, almost all my newer ships, especially the ones with H.A.R.D. (Hybrid Armor Reactive Defense) hull plating are pretty much damage sponges for light munitions/fighter weapons.

I still have yet to see what a heavy round (like an SRB) might do, but I'm guessing it might be somewhat nullified by the plating, although it would most definitely damage my ship.

If you want, you can bring in another ship to even the odds once you've cycled through all your current ones. (Since it's been a 3v4 battle so far.)

Battle post up soon, once I inspect the ADA's guts and make my move.