Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

As long as the persist files are ok.

Yup, I'm going to test it soon, with an old KSP interstellar modded install I'm going to revert to stock.

EDIT: Yup, EVE+Texture Replacer+Aggressive Texture Reduction do not affect persist files, just client files.

So that means I'm free to make an amazing-looking in-game universe without compromising my ability to battle. YEAH!

Flying VTOL fighters in clouds should be fun.

EDIT x2: Man, EVE makes it really fun to fly on Kerbin... also, I did save my entire craft repository, so I still have all my warships and other things...

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

My friend was a lacrosse team captain... and went to MIT.

Awesome, albeit slightly intimidating, sport.

And I am now a softmore.

Damn AP classes... I have to take notes in advanced for world AP, go over AP chem, and review for honors precalculus. Not to mention read a lot of books, including Odysseus and Tale of Two Cities.

Also, I got the new monitor. http://www.amazon.com/PB278Q-27-Inch-LED-lit-Professional-Graphics/dp/B009C3M7H0

Will receive within two days. Even my gtx 760 will scream in misery, especially at 1440p ultra settings with mods.

Edited by andrew123

Also, thanks for bearing with my slow pace :(

No problem. I like a good Laythe battle, and it's getting me pumped for my VTOL SSTO Gunship/Dropship I'm developing, the MT-13.

(The MT-12 will not be militarized, but probably will have it's cargo bay issues fixed. The MT-13 is going to be bigger, be able to carry larger cargoes, carry offensive weapons, deploy a squad of troops/Kerbals, and fly as an SSTO on Kerbin and Laythe. It will of course also be a VTOL.)

I actually seem to have a handful of naval classes ready to go, so we can start whenever you get yours ready.

I'll make sure to finish up my prototype hulls (ships) tomorrow (it's about 2:20 AM for me currently :P), alongside my MT-13, new light tanks, and new MBT-2 tank, which will replace the tiny 'lil MBT-1As I've been using.

I will say that these tanks (plus some small VTOL attack drones) should be a bit more hardy than my first batch of surface units.

That being said, I'll PM you in the morning, to discuss extra rules and the exact battle area.

If you're still taking players, I'll consider joining. :)

I'll battle you, Jedi. I've been following this thread for a while but I haven't had a real battle yet. Go team Jedi!

When I get some time tonight, i'll design a tank since surface battles are really popular now.

I'll make sure to finish up my prototype hulls (ships) tomorrow (it's about 2:20 AM for me currently :P), alongside my MT-13, new light tanks, and new MBT-2 tank, which will replace the tiny 'lil MBT-1As I've been using.

I will say that these tanks (plus some small VTOL attack drones) should be a bit more hardy than my first batch of surface units.

That being said, I'll PM you in the morning, to discuss extra rules and the exact battle area.

Considering that everyone is making either Light Tanks or low-profile Tank Destroyers, I'd say that my Panther tanks are still top of the line :D

I'll be willing to let you use my tanks to test them out as I am on a library computer.

Considering that everyone is making either Light Tanks or low-profile Tank Destroyers, I'd say that my Panther tanks are still top of the line :D

I'll be willing to let you use my tanks to test them out as I am on a library computer.

The main reason smaller ground units are more effective is due to the smaller part count and the fact that they're easier to deploy en masse.

And your ocean based vessel has to be huge to accommodate large numbers of heavy missiles. Land vehicles can just become metal gears and terrorize snake.

"!"

Also, well-armed, stable VTOL gunships have the potential to just wreck anything.

R&D pics of the MT-13, with working VTOL engine systems:

HcbWTPV.png

yJoGMcD.png

BXG1Pza.png

Plus, a VTOL Drone that works like an attack helicopter:

GKu4CUp.png

Cjdhz65.png

Those missiles seem to be going off course in the last pic. Try placing them without symmetry and slant them a little.

They went off course because I didn't stage them correctly, as I only set up the first 3 salvos to stage-fire correctly. In any case, they're purely meant to be spammed at ground/ocean targets, in a similar fashion to the smaller rockets used on real world attack choppers, like the Apache.