Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

After first initial test, my alternative rules for carriers seem rather enjoyable. It defiantly puts a new twist on battles

I ll do another battle with myself after finals.

In the mean time, try them out for yourself

Ok just testing the waters here

Would anybody else be interested in doing massive battle

Im talking 10-15 ships one each side

But to make it more interesting, we only start off with 3. Then when it gets down to one ship left, a wave of 5 comes in. After that, when it gets down to 3 ships, another wave come in. We do that until 10-15 ships have been on the field for each team. Last ship standing that is combat efficient wins.

To make it more interesting, debris is left on

Edit: I'm thinking a battle like this would need to take place around Moho, Eeloo, Jool, Laythe, or Kerbin

Edited by War Eagle 1

I've just started to think about the design of my fleet and I was woundering if light fighters are effective at all? Or is their lack or armor too much of a detriment?

All depends on how you play. Everybody has their own ship building, and fighting style

Edit: also if you were to battle me and we used my alternative carrier rules (or the thread carrier rules in general) light fighters are critical

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entries/1429-War-Eagle-1-s-Alternative-Carrier-Rules-for-Gentlemen-s-Battle-Club

Edited by War Eagle 1

I've just started to think about the design of my fleet and I was woundering if light fighters are effective at all? Or is their lack or armor too much of a detriment?

Spartwo wins battles with the early moves he makes with his light fighters. I use medium-ish fighters. They're not really worse than capital ships since they use the same weapons.

Ok so I just put some more though into how a large scale battle could be done

each side gets a total of 15 ships

each side gets to use 5 fighters or light ships (less than 50 tons), 5 medium ships (50.1-80) 4 heavy ships (80.1+) and one carrier (or 5 heavy and no carrier)

each side starts off by placing 3 ships.

Players can bring in a wave of new ships (4 max per wave) at any time. Doing so though forfeits a turn (meaning you have to think long and hard about when you wish to do it)

to fix the issue of weight order due to waves, players must go in order of 1 light, 1, medium, 1 heavy

If a player does not bring in a wave and all his/her ships are destroyed, they lose. Meaning you have to bring in a wave before your last ship gets destroyed.

Last ship in fighting condition wins.

this type of fighting style would be done to push players to the limits or strategic thinking as well as time, patience, and will power

Places like Kerbin, Jool, and Eve would be awesome to do this at because players can spread their ship around with ease.

What do y'all think?

Since Broadswords became VTOLs a craft with less d/v, munitions, maneuverability that also looks worse lost it's appeal. It's also because mk4 electrons won't fit.

89cjSf8.png

alSaOhd.png

A round which is .02 times as heavy as the previous for a clip only .005 heavier, an impact tolerance upped by 1 and a smaller profile makes me fall in love with the round again. They're more suited to turn based engagements as the optimum firing distance is probably going to be further than 60m.

So unless anyone want's it I'll be demissioning it(donations).